Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Elune is NOT a Naaru, if it was the case, the other Naaru on Azeroth would know, and by extension the Draenei.
    Velen has suggested the idea that she is a Naaru in the past and Blizzard devs said (quote) "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration."

I'm not saying that it's at all confirmed, just that I wouldn't scream NOT so quickly.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Maybe she is some kind of link between the Titans and Naaru?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Velen has suggested the idea that she is a Naaru in the past and Blizzard devs said (quote) "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration."

I'm not saying that it's at all confirmed, just that I wouldn't scream NOT so quickly.
    Well, I like my theory best. Elune is similar in many respects to the Naaru, but she is not one of them.

It's like the relationship between Void Gods and Old Gods. They both are related to the Void, have corrupting influences, seem to feast on souls, and so on. Yet Void Gods and Old Gods are clearly two anatomically distinct races.

So, this raises a certain question. If Naaru are the Light counterpart/alter ego of the Void Gods, might there not be a Light counterpart to the Old Gods as well?

Deleted
    We can put a stop to this did-the-Titans-create-all-life-on-Azeroth-or-not-discussion right here: The titans did not create the Old Gods. The Titans also did not create the Titans!?

On another topic: Anyone ever thought that maybe the Naaru are Titan-Soulstones? The souls of dead Titans connected to matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortias View Post
    This explains why the elves, created by the magic waters of the Well of Eternity, have "titanic race" features. They are "slimmer humans with long ears".
    And if I have to choose between Naaru or Titan, I'm with Titan.
    (and don't forget the fan theory of Naaru being shards of Sargeras sword, even the Naaru can be titan related!)
    They look pretty close to Zandalari trolls, the progenitor troll race that predated the titan/Old God war.

- - - Updated - - -

When Titans arrived on Azeroth, there was already life: Trolls, Taurens, the Well of Eternity, and obviously various species of animals around.
    Titans have not created dreadlords and all that things; Titans have not created DTA, etc.
    Oh, also Alexstraza and her fellows aspect where ALREADY here when Titans arrived, Galakron, you know? etc
    The titans created the Well of Eternity. The titans were derping around with protodragons and led to Galakrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Won't be long until we find out the naaru are some titan creation as well.
    InB4 naaru were literal windchimes created by the titans that gained sentience.

7+ Year Old Account
    But...Wait. Velen said that the cult of Elune and the way she acts remembers him to the Naaru. Right. Let's assume that Elune is a titan.

Does that mean that Titans and Naaru are somehow releated? Are Titans creatures of light?

could also be a mix of naaru and titan. The powers have Naaru have been shown to be absorbed/transfered in the past. What if She is in fact both titan and naaru that would connect all the dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've always assumed Elune to be a product of the original Well of Eternity - a sentient kind of proto-being that took its cues from early Night Elves' society and basically took up the mantle as their patron goddess figure. You could say Elune was a secondhand product of the Titans in that she was created by or because of the Well of Eternity, but she's not herself a Titan or Titanic Watcher. In her way Elune expresses many of the traits of the Pantheon because she is a product of their co-mingled essences. She has echoes of Eonar's personality, a smattering of Aman'Thul's wisdom, Norgannon's connection to the Arcane, and even an echo of Golganneth in her role as a Celestial goddess (e.g. of the moon, the night, etc.) I don't think she's the equal of the Titans in any way, though; she's just among the higher order of Ancients and probably the most personally powerful of the lot of them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They look pretty close to Zandalari trolls, the progenitor troll race that predated the titan/Old God war.
    It's true, in some way. The Zandalari looks like an evolution of trolls, but they don't have face, fingers and feet like titanic races. And the elves do.
    And we don't know exactly why the Zandalari are the way they are, why they are different from the "lesser" trolls. Maybe they have (or had) a source of magic in Zandalar and that's why they have things like their magic tattoos and bright eyes.
    And don't forget the elves don't come from Zandalari, they come from dark trolls, the first/primitive trolls.

Deleted
    We dont know if Elune is Titan or Naaru, but for me it might be a Naaru with curse of flash. Cause she has some similarity with Naaru

From WoWWikki
    Formal worship of Elune dates back about 14,000 years, before the rise of Azshara and the Highborne, though she was certainly worshipped long before that, probably by the most primitive of kaldorei. Her original cult center was near Zin-Azshari, but the Sisters of Elune moved the temple to Suramar when it was clear Azshara cared more for the luxury of herself and the Highborne than anyone else. After Suramar fell, Elune was the main source of hope for the millions of refugees fleeing the Burning Legion. (similar to Shattarth city) Elune's worship was essentially universal (no cult centers) for the night elves in the ten thousand years between the War of the Ancients and the Third War (the Long Vigil).

Elune has never made herself known to any living creature in the physical plane in a physical form, though she is sometimes depicted as a night elf female with a skin that glows with intensity, eyes of pure silver moonlight, and her clothing adorned with silvery jewelry.

The night elves have various beliefs regarding her powers, including, but by no means limited to:

The ability of calming races engaged in battle by singing a song of peace at night, until sunrise. Song of A'dal
    The ability to heal or grant a follower the gift of healing. Gift of the Naaru
    A powerful personal shield to defend her Chosen http://www.wowhead.com/spell=176679/shield-of-the-naaru and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=169365/...g-of-the-naaru
    The ability to resurrect a dead creature. Cursed paladin in Icecrown
    Causing a rain of solid moonlight to fall when her priestesses face enemies its apear that Naaru dont use this

I think like the Naaru can be light and shadow, the Old Gods can be both too and that Elune is an Old God of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Elune, The Naarus, the Light, the Earthmother and whatever any playable races are worshiping are in fact the same thing presented to them in a different way, depending on their culture ?
    Which in fact would be "the Good", or Azeroth's God and creator essence, as opposed to Evil that we fight.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-11-28 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the name of the pillar of creation doesn't necessarily prove anything, as the name may be a given name. If the pillar was held by the Nightelves of Azsuna, so by the Highborne, they might well have named a powerful artefact after their deity, just like numerous items are named after other titans, such as Aggramar or Eonar. I am relatively certain we know the entire pantheon.

Elune is simply the White Lady moon. I very much doubt she has anything to do with either Titans or Naaru. Everything in Azeroth and Draenor has spirits in it, some kind of vaguely anthropomorphic or theriomorphic embodiment of its essence and power. I don't see why the moon should be different. As a moon spirit, it is also not surprising that this spirit should be somewhat different in power to the elementals we are familiar with from shamans, just as Goldrinn is different as he is the spirit of a species, as are the spirits invoked by the druids for their transformations and the other ancients.

People make way more of a mystery out of Elune than necessary. Since the white lady moon probably predates titanic involvement on Azeroth, Elune would be a 'real goddess', rather than being a demigod. She should therefore occupy a category together with the blue child and Azeroth itself, so presumably what Thrall has experienced in the Shattering as the spirit of life that saved him. The blue child is in fact much more interesting as it has apparently never entered lore as a significant element (earth mother myth has two eyes, sun and moon, not three). I have no explanation for that, beyond bad writing.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-11-28 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was making theories months ago, and here we are: Elune is the ONLY divinity or considered divinity who have NEVER appeared to anybod, even hight priest of Elune (currently Tyrande) have never saw her.
    Aspects, Titans, Naaru, Old Gods, they all are someking of divinity, but NO ONE of them ever told us about Elune, NO ONE of them seem to know who or what is Elune.
    In fact, we know Elune does exist: her influence over the Night Elves is obvious, so we can suppose she is currently alive.
    This is not exactly the case. There are two who must be assumed to have had direct contact with Elune - Malorne and Cenarius. Both have recently been resurrected, and Cenarius for one has a new model in Legion (possibly more disturbing; several models, two being Nightmare-corrupted).
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    This is not exactly the case. There are two who must be assumed to have had direct contact with Elune - Malorne and Cenarius. Both have recently been resurrected, and Cenarius for one has a new model in Legion (possibly more disturbing; several models, two being Nightmare-corrupted).
    Oh and Cenarius is Elune's "Daughter" however the hell that works. Boning may or may not be involved.

Also, please, nelf fanboys, get off your high horse. Elune is no more than a bit character added to give the night elves a deity. A bit of worldbuilding that honestly doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, of the conflict between the forces of Order and light, and those of Chaos and Shadow.

And tell me this. What do you apply to elune that doesn't also apply to say, the Earthmother? Is she a god?
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I think like the Naaru can be light and shadow, the Old Gods can be both too and that Elune is an Old God of light.
    Elune is shadow too. http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/warden.shtml

And I think the idea about Elune is BALANCE between the two forces. She's the brightest moon and darkest night, the warm compassion and cold vengeance. This makes the idea of a Titan more interesting because... there is no titan of Light or Shadow.
    There is nature, arcane, thunders, fire... but "divine"? A Titan Elune fits the role. The Titan of Balance.

More theory about this option: When she died at the war against the old gods and created the well of eternity her energy also created all the Ancestors we know, like Malorne or Aviana. This powerful demigods are her "aspects".
    And maybe she's a sister of Sargeras. She died and then Sargeras got mad? Drama!
    We know Sargeras saw the creation and order of the titans as futile against the chaos and evil... but why?
    And why so much hate against Azeroth? "This damn planet killed my beloved sister!"

Enough random theorycrafting madness for now.

Deleted
    I'd rather accept her being a titan, even a ghost of one, than a naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortias View Post
    It's true, in some way. The Zandalari looks like an evolution of trolls, but they don't have face, fingers and feet like titanic races. And the elves do.
    And we don't know exactly why the Zandalari are the way they are, why they are different from the "lesser" trolls. Maybe they have (or had) a source of magic in Zandalar and that's why they have things like their magic tattoos and bright eyes.
    And don't forget the elves don't come from Zandalari, they come from dark trolls, the first/primitive trolls.
    The other trolls devolved when they split from the zandalari.

Does Elune have to actually exist to give her followers the power of the light? My understanding of the Holy Light is that it simply requires faith in something to call upon it, like Turalyon believing in himself at Blackrock Mountain. Humans worship the Holy Light as an entity, and we know that no such entity exists, it's merely the power of the Naaru granted by faith. Heck, Goblins can call upon it and they're just in it for the money. What if Elune were a similar construct in Night Elf culture?