Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Or, in the non-distorted version of the world, your bandwagon boogeyman reacted mostly to your second post and onward, in which you wrote in detail how Alleria's people are only in the Alliance and handwaved away her connection to Blood Elves. Paragon of neutrality right there by the way. Not that your "numerous examples about how the balance doesn't go in favor of her ever identifying herself as Horde" was any better.
    I wasn't wrong when I said that her people, the way she knows them and the type of people she fought for, are part of the Alliance, not the Horde.

Yes, her "connection" to the blood elves can be handwaved away because she has none, appart from the geographical location of Quel'thalas. If anything, one can assume that she'd be disappointed that the people she once called her own decided to tap into fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes
    Not that your "numerous examples about how the balance doesn't go in favor of her ever identifying herself as Horde" was any better.
    This is a textbook example of flamebaiting.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-11-29 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    If I post my examples and they decide to reply to it I am flamebaiting them, but if they post their examples and I reply to them, they are not flamebaiting me, even though they started trying to prove me wrong? I not quite sure I can follow this logic. Besides, I posted my take on things after the thread got bumped and they started trying to prove me wrong, to which I am obviously inclined to reply; that is not flamebaiting. Flamebaiting is when someone keeps insisting that she'd be Horde despite all the numerous examples tilting her towards the Alliance, effectively putting her into a quite obvious neutral category.
    So having a position you disagree with is flamebaiting? You're so out of touch with reality it's pathetic. Especially since, as has been pointed out to you few times already (including four posts above, but hey, ignoring things pointed out to you is your forte) most people here weren't saying she'd go Horde. Dismissing your lorebends about her ultra-deep connection to the Alliance, especially to the point of her leaning towards the Alliance if anything, is not the same as arguing she'd be Horde. But who'd care about reading comprehension (including outright clarifying statements about people not arguing about her being Horde), feels about the evulz bandwagon are much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So having a position you disagree with is flamebaiting?
    Nope. Dismissing facts such as the elves she fought with being Alliance and her only relative being Alliance, along with having a glorious past with the said faction is flamebaiting. What you are doing is like saying grass isn't green after someone showed it to you and reacting to being called out over such claims. Unlike you, I didn't dismiss the fact that Quel'thalas is what she fought for and that if anything, it would be the kingdom of Quel'thalas to lure her away. I continued saying that considering all of this and considering everything we've learned about her from Legion, she'd surely be a neutral character.

You're so out of touch with reality it's pathetic.
    Another needless sentence that intends to flamebait and spiral the discussion into offtopic, with only one purpose; the hope of seeing the other user join in on the mutual bashing.

most people here weren't saying she'd go Horde
    If that is the case, then I agree with most of the people and vice versa, most of the people agree with me?
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-11-29 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This is a textbook example of flamebaiting.
    What's that supposed to mean in the first place? That said statement is meant to "trigger" you in calling names and become angry in general?

I don't know about other people but for me "flamebaits" don't exist. If I decide to "flame" than that's on me and no one else. It's like those people calling a certain road "deadly" when 99% of the times is always fault of the people involved if crashes happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    What's that supposed to mean in the first place? That said statement is meant to "trigger" you in calling names and become angry in general?

I don't know about other people but for me "flamebaits" don't exist. If I decide to "flame" than that's on me and no one else. It's like those people calling a certain road "deadly" when 99% of the times is always fault of the people involved if crashes happen.
    You're not paying attention then, Zalkhun. They already said flamebaiting means insisting on things they disagree with (even if such insistence doesn't actually exist outside of their vivid imagination).
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Good point, though I still doubt she would no longer care about her background; that would be a full 360 on her character.
    But 9 out of 10 people that say this also assume Turalyon will be Alliance instead of Neutral.
    At least have that logic go both ways.
    With the "Army of the Light" being brought in, I assume that she and everyone she was fighting alongside with came across numerous races previously unknown to her.

After all, we can now surely say that she was already concerned about the greater good of the world she lived in when the Horde came. Thanks to some additional lore from Legion, the notion that she fought the Horde because she was concerned about Quel'thalas only got replaced with her being concerned about the entire world, resulting in her actually defying orders and assisting the Alliance along with a group of rangers. This, alongside the AotL element of her character story gives all reason to think that she would be neutral.

With the Light's army fighting the Burning Legion, I can't but feel that these two characters have moved way beyond petty faction-based disputes and that they wouldn't go down to that level of insight again. Turalyon would surely have some of his old affection left for the Alliance and its cause, but only as long as that cause is just and I don't doubt that he would never fight the current Horde in the Alliance's stead unless it was the right thing to do(ie attacking for no reason or doing something Garrosh-ish).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-11-29 at 11:58 PM.

No, we don't want her.

Besides, the Alliance got the short end of the stick with Vereesa, so just let them keep the other Windrunner to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Well I'm glad to hear that it was awful writing for sure but she still likely won't care about faction loyalty any more.
    Especially when the only kingdom from the Alliance she was part of that's in the current Alliance are the Bronzebeards in Ironforge, their gnome sidekicks, and the Wildhammers, if you can call them a kingdom today. And Gilneas, but Gilneas were dicks back then anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Dismissing facts such as the elves she fought with being Alliance and her only relative being Alliance, along with having a glorious past with the said faction
    Less than a year (a few weeks or a month at best, between her joining up, and the orcs killing her relatives) of using them to eliminate a threat to her people, a one-night stand with a human, 2 years using them as tools for her revenge in Azeroth and Outland, 5 years of living with the Sons of Lothar in Outland fighting orcs and such as Turalyon's gf and as friends with A FEW individual members (Khadgar, Danath, Kurdran, etc), then 21 years of Army of Light business (Danath tells Arator he hadn't seen them in 15 years, and they'd been in Outland for 20 in Burning Crusade, and it's been 6 years in lore since the start of BC).

Compared to 3,000 years of being a fierce patriot and champion of Quel'thalas, and if that age isn't right and she didn't live and fight during the Troll Wars, still centuries.

2 + 5 = 7 years (where only the 5 she was actually friendly at all to any of them)

7 > 3,000?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Yeah. Totally not dismissing anything there. Especially with those elves she fought with being perfectly happy to live in Quel'thalas with their people again, trying to mend relations.

As opposed to the people who've turned terrorist against their homeland for imagined slights and blind generalizations on Vereesa's part.

And you're still saying the Blood Elves as a whole resorted to fel? No. You know that was Kael'thas' group in Outland that is a very small portion of the blood elves in Quel'thalas today, Rommath, and the handful of magi that came with him, as well as any warlocks they taught. And High Elves have individuals who've taken up fel magic as warlocks too.

And the arcane magics used to rebuild Quel'thalas are no longer fueled by fel sources, and lorewise only were for a year, and have since been fueled by the arcane/light Sunwell for 5 years since the end of Burning Crusade.

Alleria isn't a whiny brat like Vereesa. She doesn't let morals get in the way of duty and what's objectively right (sacrificing vermin to SAVE WHAT REMAINS OF YOUR COUNTRY.)

And if she did get hung up on things like that, I doubt she'd spin around and do it all herself for selfish reasons as opposed to survival reasons either, like Vereesa did (not giving a damn about animals when it was for a spiteful witch-hunt against the Sunreavers, having a high elf warlock in her ranks, sanctioning murder of an innocent man trying to retrieve his own property before fleeing for his life and justifying it by claiming he was "probably" going to steal their stuff too, so he forfeits all his stuff to them, and removing people from their homes in the most violent way possible and not caring about preventing any violence, when Lor'themar didn't actively harm Renthar Hawkspear and those who were banished alongside him who went to Quel'lithien Lodge).

Alleria would not stand idly by, trembling from withdrawals, unable to hold a sword or even walk straight, while a horde of ghouls rip apart some defenseless mother trying fruitlessly to protect her daughter who was ailing without magic because Rommath didn't want anyone to feel mean to animals, who would all eventually die to the Scourge anyway or be raised again as cursed abominations spreading the Scourge taint. If there was any way to avoid that massacre of her people she loves, Alleria would take it, no matter how morally questionable it was. She gleefully killed orcs for vengeance, when it was unlikely that many of them personally did anything to hurt her or her family (the ones in Outland even more unlikely), and licked their fel-cursed blood from her swords.

She wouldn't give a damn about poor mana worms, or the poor Silver Covenant who had it so hard all safe and snuggled up in Dalaran.

She wouldn't love the Horde, but weighing the tiniest fraction (Vereesa) of the tiniest fraction (The Silver Covenant) of the tiniest fraction (The High Elves, most of whom don't have much of a problem with blood elves, as evidenced by Auric, you know, the LEADER of "the elves she fought with") of her surviving people (Blood/High Elves) against the overwhelming majority of them (Blood Elves), and claiming she'd stand next to Vereesa, nodding her head like a good sheep and blindly joining her on the pity-and-look-down-upon-the-morally-bad-blood-elves train is just dumb and would be awful writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria would trust the word of Auric, and align with him.

Like Auric, she wouldn't just abandon her duty to her people, unlike Vereesa.

That's the difference between the two surviving (not undead) Windrunner sisters.

One is part of the cult of outrage that will do any kind of mental gymnastics and do anything to convince themselves that they hold the moral highground. (Vereesa)

The other has a brain, and an actual sense of responsibility. (Alleria)

Not saying that you claimed she would, I'm just saying all this to show that she would not identify more with Vereesa and the Silver Covenant than she would the Blood Elves.

She would identify most with her followers from Allerian Stronghold, who don't care about the Alliance/Horde conflict, and still consider themselves Thalassians, and still love their homeland, and would never do anything to harm it or its people.

The ones from Allerian Stronghold obviously identify with the average blood elf (not meaning fel-crazed demon-lovers, which are a minority who practice in basements just like every other race's warlock covens) more than the Silver Covenant. They weren't personally affected by Lor'themar's necessary actions, just like the Silver Covenant weren't. But the Allerian Stronghold elves don't enter a blind furious rage and try to murder any blood elf they see. They want unity, so they obviously still love their people and want to be together again, which is the furthest thing from the Silver Covenant's attitude.

The ones from Quel'danil Lodge in Hinterlands weren't personally affected either, and just continue living their lives at the lodge in relative peace as they always had, not screaming for their kin's heads on pikes. They have had problems with the Forsaken, but if there aren't any blood elf NPCs involved in-game or in-lore, we can't know for sure what they think of each other.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-11-30 at 02:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    No, we don't want her.

Besides, the Alliance got the short end of the stick with Vereesa, so just let them keep the other Windrunner to compensate.
    if i was an alliance i would try to burn Vereesa
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    if i was an alliance i would try to burn Vereesa
    I think it's been tested and it's been found she's flame-retardant for the most part.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

i am starting to wonder if Turalyon and Alleria know what happened on azeroth since they have been gone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    i am starting to wonder if Turalyon and Alleria know what happened on azeroth since they have been gone.
    I believe they do, or some parts at least since they know their son is back to azeroth and they send that dreadlord commander to help them against this invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I believe they do, or some parts at least since they know their son is back to azeroth and they send that dreadlord commander to help them against this invasion
    Turalyon sent Xe'ra to khadgar so he could take it to Velen.
    i think. i havent played legion yet so i am going off of other posted things.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Plot twist: Alleria was always Horde, she's a double-agent by ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Maybe she'll pull a Zul'jin and hate both the Horde AND the Alliance, especially when she hears what Garithos did and how they abandoned the Elves during War3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Plot twist: Alleria was always Horde, she's a double-agent by ever.
    #lirath was an inside job
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Turalyon sent Xe'ra to khadgar so he could take it to Velen.
    i think. i havent played legion yet so i am going off of other posted things.
    Paladin campaign the hearth of xera have a message from turalyon exclusive to the paladin orden which one part is for his son arathor and a warning about the army of the light being defeated in a recent battle by the legion just previous of they return to azeroth