Arcane Burn Phase

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if I am doing the Burn rotation correctly.

Here is my Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Shirayukki/simple

I use the Heroic mage trinket + POF Heroic

This is how I start my fights:

Prepot> 2AB > Use up all my AM procs > PC+AP > Spam Arcaneblasts untill AP is over > Evo > conserve phase

if MOD procs on PC i use AM, if it procs on the boss I use a mouseover macro and AM the boss while PC is up.

I wanted to know if I am doing anything wrong, I am pretty much confused about what to do in my Burn phase :S...

I recently came back to the game after 2 years of not playing this game, and this forum helped me out alot.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

10+ Year Old Account
    You got 95% of it right!

The only difference is that even though you start your Blast phase on the Crystal without any Missiles procs, after that you always use them as they proc while burning, same as we did before the class trinket and unstable magic. If you spam only Blast or are unlucky with Missiles, your mana can still drop way too low which wastes both dps and time.

I also prefer to get to at least 3 ABs (sometimes even all 4) before I spend Missiles on the primary target because statistically Mark of Doom will proc before you use Crystal. And casting 4-Charge Missiles is still worth the damage.
    My magic will tear you apart.

There's another opener. You just pop everything on pull and go ham. Not quite sure which one is actually better because there's so much rng involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    You got 95% of it right!

The only difference is that even though you start your Blast phase on the Crystal without any Missiles procs, after that you always use them as they proc while burning, same as we did before the class trinket and unstable magic. If you spam only Blast or are unlucky with Missiles, your mana can still drop way too low which wastes both dps and time.

I also prefer to get to at least 3 ABs (sometimes even all 4) before I spend Missiles on the primary target because statistically Mark of Doom will proc before you use Crystal. And casting 4-Charge Missiles is still worth the damage.
    Thanks for the info,

I also wanted to ask, when is the best time to use POM in our burn phase?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a C e View Post
    Thanks for the info,

I also wanted to ask, when is the best time to use POM in our burn phase?
    To get in one extra Blast on the Crystal when there's no more time to cast it fully.

do you cast AP before you AM your MOD target or do you only ever AP together with PC (as what would be your actual burn phase)?

10+ Year Old Account
    The burn phase is always AB4+NoMissiles+PC+AP. The trinket proccing on a target before that is just a sideffect which you use if you have Missiles and proceed to the burn if you don't have missiles.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2015-11-28 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    I do my burn phase/opener like this

Prepot > AB x 4 > PC / AP >SuperNova's (only if I don't have 3AM procs) > AB/AM into PC > Continue AB spam (if AM procs >3) into boss until 40% > evo until ~90% > conserve phase.

Can I make this any better?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you do when you don't have specific items from Hellfire Citadel, meaning 2/4-set, Prophecy of Fear/Tome of Shifting Words. Meaning, that's our "old" burn phase without these items. The new burn phase is as we discussed above.