Upgrading my pc for legion/streaming

I am looking to upgrade my pc for legion. I am unsure about where to start. My current system has a problem while using 2 monitors. While raiding and watching a stream my fps drops below 20.

Budget
    700ish € (might spend more and then spread it out over a month or two)
    Resolution
    I play with a 1080p and don't need 4k or anything else.
    Games / Settings Desired
    I mainly raid in WoW (20 mans), play H1Z1, Overwatch and would like them to have high fps. I don't need to have ultra settings/shadows (would turn them off anyways).
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I have a second monitor which pretty much runs twitch.tv on source/fullscreen while I play. I usually have 15-25 open browsertabs. Streaming (casually).
    Country
    Germany
    Parts that can be reused

I am unsure where or what to upgrade first so I will just list all I have.
    • 8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws
    • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, Sockel 1155, mATX (yes a mobile one my bad!)
    • ASUS DRW-24B5ST Retail
    • be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 530w
    • Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint HD103SJ 1TB
    • Sharkoon Tauron red edition
    • Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW
    • I7-3770k @ 3,5 GHz
    • Amd Radeon HD 7800
    • Samsung SSD 840

Do you need an OS?
    I have win 7 & 10.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No peripherals needed.

Thanks for your time and help!
    Last edited by Tkain; 2015-11-23 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    The cpu is not bad its still holds its power. You definately need a better gpu and probably another pair of 2x8gb ram, or 1x8 depending on what you have atm. An r9 390 should server you well for enough time. Just tell us which model of the psu you got, wattage. If your i7 is the 3770K version you could give it a small overclock but i don't think its really needed.

edit: i pressumed your gpu is the 7850? cause 7800 is the series..

Oh yeah I am unsure about the graphics card. Thats what windows told me.
    It is the 3770k yes.

Ram is a bit of a problem as I can't access 2 ram slots due to cpufan and microboard.

So you would suggest a ram and gpu upgrade and not upgrading motherboard and cpu ?

Edit Powersupply is be quiet 530w

Does it matter what ram I buy ? brand or w/e?
    Last edited by Tkain; 2015-11-23 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly 8gb of ram should still be enough for gaming...

You should be able to get low-profile RAM DIMMs that will fit under just about any cooler. (unless the cooler is literally sitting on the DIMM sockets).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Quite honestly 8gb of ram should still be enough for gaming...
    It generally is but if he runs so many things whilel gaming it might be a problem.

With an r9 390, counting no overclocks with everything at max load might struggle abit. If you would overclock that cpu you definately need new one. As for the cpu cooler you should be able to place the fan on the other side of the heatsink. Don't mess with the heatsing just the fan so it pulls air from heatsink to the back.

So i'd say get a new gpu and new power supply. I don't really see much of a reason for new cpu unless you had problems with it. Otherwise if you just wanted new just because... but you'd need to save some more money for that as you can't go for that as well now with that budget. A new build would also mean ddr4 so a new ram kit now would be wasted later.

I would look into the following for gpu/psu:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card (€337.36 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€95.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €432.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-24 08:46 CET+0100

You can get better power supply but would cost more and this one is a good one, just not gold rated. The next ones are like 15-20 or more euro, more expensive.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-11-24 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I will upgrade powersiply and gpu first then.
    No for ram that shouldn't be much more expensive to go with it right ? about 100€ for 16 gb (2*8). Something to whatch out for ?
    I can't change anything with the cpucooler as the pcie slot is otherwise blocked. Yeah microboard sucks.

If I was to put in a little more an upgrade cpu and motherboard as well what route would you go ?

Deleted
    I have micro board and have build a lot never had the problem you describle. Why would the fan block pci-e? Pci-e is below. You got the cpu cooler horizontally oriented? Can you take a photo with phone or something and post it? Really curious about it. Solve that first then we can look for ram. You alraedy got a nice ram kit don't waste it.

For cpu, that you don't need, you would look at i5 6600k/Z170 mobo+aftermarket cooler. i7 6700k isn't worth its money atm.

This is how it looks inside.
    If I turn the cooler 180° I can't fit the gpu. Did that at first and got about 10 fps due to not using pcie.

http://imgur.com/PVG54Is

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok first off:

Can you give me the exact model PSU you're using? 530W BeQuiet! are in general pretty good and getting a bigger one is often quite unnecessary.

The cooler is oriented wrong in general, I know SOME older AMD setups have no choice but Intel should always be turned 90° from how you have it.
    Why will it not fit the GPU?

Also you need to be very specific on the following question:
    Do you have a Mini-ITX or Micro-ATX motherboard?
    The difference is simple: Do you have multiple PCIe/PCI slots or just 1 PCIe slot and nothing else?

Following that can you give us the exact model of your motherboard?

It is a mATX Motherboard according to the invoice.
    Powersuply is BQT L8-CM-530W.

Hope this is what you are looking for. And yes I meant turning it 90° not 180°. It won't fit the gpu then. I had tried that when I first assembeld the pc.
    I do have 1 PCIe and 1 or 2 more PCI slots.

ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, Socket 1155, mATX (Mainboard)

Deleted
    I don't know man i doupt that it doesn't fit vertically. I've seen a Noctua D14 and CM hyper EVO on that mobo. Besides that fan is not working as you got it atm, its doesn't ventilate properly next to the gpu. Oh here you go, Notworthynerd's setup post #13225 . If that can fit then i am pretty sure yours can as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    With what you have the PSU is more than plenty.

No need to upgrade even if you go for the R9 390, slight waste of money to do so IMO.
    Even with everything combined in your build you should still have ~100W to spare on the 12V rail.

Regarding cooler... I dunno I've seen tighter fits and I have to say that it should fit.
    Also looks like you got ripped off as that appears to be a Cooler Master Hyper 212 variant vs. the ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 140 you mention you have above.
    The True Spirit 140 is quite a bit more expensive than the Hyper 212 variant from Cooler Master.

As far as the other PCIex slots go... yeah tough luck only the top one is mechanically wired for x16, the others are just x1, x1 and x4.

I personally think you should retry fitting that cooler properly and after that overclocking the CPU.
    Only after you manage that you should think about upgrading GPU really.

Only thing I would recommend doing is dropping in another 8GB of RAM if you really have as much background stuff open as you state.
    (This of course with the GPU change AFTER you fix the position of the CPU cooler first)

So I did buy 8 gb ram and a r9 390.

Both installed and removed some dust and turned the fan (ups). Fresh windows install all new and up to date drivers (beta for gpu as of overwatch crashing)

But I had 15 fps ingame with mid to high settings.

Screenshot was ingame wow raid. second screen with a twitch stream on source full screen. running in backround skype, spotify and about 15ihs tabs in firefox.

So clearly something mus be broken correct ?

http://imgur.com/a/qVbZZ

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: overwatch with high settings 70 fps -.-

almost guarantee you have SSAA turned all the way up. Turn that off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    almost guarantee you have SSAA turned all the way up. Turn that off.
    This and while you're at it turn SSAO off and turn shadows into good.

Yeah everything on ultra might be the reason ^^ thanks bros