Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Linkle is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I just meant his design. There's nothing about him that immediately signifies that he's a man. He has no facial hair, large eyes, a small nose, and long bangs. Honestly, he could go either way as it currently stands.
    In most games he's like 10-13 or something why would he have facial hair or be super manly when he's not a man.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Link has always looked pretty androgynous in the games though. He tends to look more masculine in artwork, where they can actually put all the detail in. His design has been getting steadily less masculine as time has gone on, so I could believe people might think he looks like a girl, even if he's still a boy.

- snip -

- snip -

He's not exactly the most "manly" male character out there.
    He's not, but he's still distinguishable. Remember the outcry when Zelda Wii U was announced? A lot of people panicked about Link androgynous look that was taken too far. Link is a male character and should remain as such, not because of sexism but because it's the character himself. In the lore, the women is the princess because she's the incarnation of the godess Hylia. Link is the spirit of the male hero that saved the world from the forces of evil, which is why Link is a men.

If anything, we don't know about both of these characters sexuality so people are free to assume whatever they want. But the gender are well defined and should stay the same because of the lore.

Wii U screenshot:

Hard to tell from the recent nintendo direct, but it seems that they might have "masulinized" the look after the fan's outcry:

In any case, Link is a men, Zelda is a women and should stay this way.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    He's not, but he's still distinguishable. Remember the outcry when Zelda Wii U was announced? A lot of people panicked about Link androgynous look that was taken too far. Link is a male character and should remain as such, not because of sexism but because it's the character himself. In the lore, the women is the princess because she's the incarnation of the godess Hylia. Link is the spirit of the male hero that saved the world from the forces of evil, which is why Link is a men.

If anything, we don't know about both of these characters sexuality so people are free to assume whatever they want. But the gender are well defined and should stay the same because of the lore.

Wii U screenshot:

Hard to tell from the recent nintendo direct, but it seems that they might have "masulinized" the look after the fan's outcry:

In any case, Link is a men, Zelda is a women and should stay this way.
    He could just be a kid again. Also groose is a man link is a little boy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    In most games he's like 10-13 or something why would he have facial hair or be super manly when he's not a man.
    He was loosely based on children working in coal mines in the late 19th century the way he explores caves gave the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    He was loosely based on children working in coal mines in the late 19th century the way he explores caves gave the inspiration.
    Miamoto always had storage inspiration for heat games. Pikmin was inspired by gardening in his back yard.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    He could just be a kid again. Also groose is a man link is a little boy.
    True and while kids have more androgynous faces, they still have distinguishable facial structures between genders. As for Groose, he's in Zelda on Wii, not Wii U. The fact still remain that Link should be a men.

Just to clarify, when I spoke of sexuality I meant it in episodes where he was older, like OOT or Twilight.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why do we care about this Anita's opinion of a videogame character? Why are we writing articles against it or discussing it? I'm genuinely curious.
    She's arguably one of the most influential people in gaming today, her opinion matters to everyone who enjoys gaming whether you like her or not.

Personally, I would have hoped that by now it be blindingly obvious what a charlatan she is, but she's basically the go to for feminist theory in gaming still, she has a horde of followers that will blindly support her stances, she basically robbed people who have funded her... She met at the freaking UN not long ago to push her victim-hood scheme.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say jumping into danger because a tree/owl/feeling/sword told you to is the definition of manliness.
    If you throw yourself at danger because a tree told you, you're not manly. You're either a hardcore hippie, or schitzophrenic.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If you throw yourself at danger because a tree told you, you're not manly. You're either a hardcore hippie, or schitzophrenic.
    Nah that's 100% manly.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If your boomerang always returns to you even after hitting a target maybe you are a magician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't really have a horse in the race, so to speak, but I can kind of see merit in both sides of the debate. Taking an established character, giving them the old gender-flip treatment, and then sitting back on your laurels and saying "look how magnanimous and PC we're being" seems kind of disingenuous as well as lazy. You also run the risk of legitimately irritating the fans of that original IP (e.g. fans of the "Zelda" series in general and Link in specific) by appropriating the character in that manner. The better bet would've been to make a new character that fit into the game's mythology or utilize an existing one such as Zelda or what have you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

In the end, i just want to fuck Linkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't really have a horse in the race, so to speak, but I can kind of see merit in both sides of the debate. Taking an established character, giving them the old gender-flip treatment, and then sitting back on your laurels and saying "look how magnanimous and PC we're being" seems kind of disingenuous as well as lazy. You also run the risk of legitimately irritating the fans of that original IP (e.g. fans of the "Zelda" series in general and Link in specific) by appropriating the character in that manner. The better bet would've been to make a new character that fit into the game's mythology or utilize an existing one such as Zelda or what have you.
    But you can already play as Zelda, impa, and many other existing female characters.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But you can already play as Zelda, impa, and many other existing female characters.
    I don't know the "Zelda" series well, as I stopped playing back in the old SNES days. But if so then that's all to the good - I wouldn't see what they're complaining about in light of that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know the "Zelda" series well, as I stopped playing back in the old SNES days. But if so then that's all to the good - I wouldn't see what they're complaining about in light of that.
    Hyrule warriors is an offshoot made by the people who made dynasty warriors and you can play as like idk almost 20 characters with the dlc.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Scoff at her all you want but in the end she's the one making a 6 digit income for doing sweet fuck all.

I think much of the rage directed at this woman comes from jealousy. She's the ultimate role model for a horde of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    Scoff at her all you want but in the end she's the one making a 6 digit income for doing sweet fuck all.

I think much of the rage directed at this woman comes from jealousy. She's the ultimate role model for a horde of people.
    Following your logic, being angry at anyone that have a certain amount of money would be jealousy.

Believe it or not, money doesn't buy intelligence.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    They already did give Zelda her own games. That is not a new concept.

http://www.ign.com/games/zelda-the-w...lon/cd-i-10256

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda%27s_Adventure
    Those games don't count! Not done by Nintendo, and some of the worst games ever.
    They must be forgotten!