New Rig Help/Advice

Hi all!

I have decided to build myself a new PC this holiday season. Here is the overview of what I need as per the sticky:

Budget: $1100
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW on high/ultra settings, keeping 40+ fps in raids
    Other activities: Programming/Software Dev

I am starting from scratch so nothing can be reused. I do not need an OS or peripherals. The budget is flexible but I'd like to not just buy the best of the best for the sake of it if it's not necessary for my needs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Do you live near a Micro Center?

What other games do you play?

As a software dev, do you use a lot of virtual machines?

Deleted
    Unless you did loads photo/video rendering then an i5 should be enough. The r9 390 is interchangeable to a gtx970. If you might need more ram or space you can adjust that. There were some nice sales last week but not anymore, you could have saved money.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($42.25 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($142.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1075.14
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-02 05:10 EST-0500

Kost's build isn't bad, only thing i might change would be the Motherboard (the Gaming 3 is .... identical to the Gaming 5 other than a slightly different audio chipset (which will make no difference unless you actually use a non-usb 7.1 setup) and some gold plating) to the Gaming 3 instead of the Gaming 5, and, if you DO use a lot of VMs, the Core i7 6700K might be a wise investment. If you dont, as Kost said, the i5 will be plenty strong for daily computing and gaming.