Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mind controlling other players was, since vanilla, perhaps the single most truly unique signature capability of a priest. And now, apparently, it is gone -- not an option to talent into part-time but gone from ever experiencing in any form of PvP.

I know such is intended to permit this build's PvE buff, but they could have had the new baseline PvE-only ability version while making the talent choice instead read "Dominate Mind affects player targets. On non-player targets, you may control your own character while Dominate Mind is active." That would allow the PvE buff while keeping the PvP situation the same as now.

Spectral Guise was the most outright fun addition to the priest class in several expansions but now also getting removed (and that isn't to prevent stealthed fear bombs, as could have been done simply by making Psychic Scream not usable for several seconds after exiting stealth).

(Mana burn once ranked up there in uniqueness too, albeit not as special in fun, but it is long gone).

Those added interest and flavor in a way a bunch of effectively +X% to HPS or DPS talents do not as much, with the latter barely visible outside of number changes. Maybe some players get excited if they see +20% to the healing of something, but, from a perspective of less naivety, HPS is nearly a constant anyway after balancing to make all healing classes equivalent in HPS terms. For example, +10% from one talent really just means -10% in base numbers or otherwise.

Especially since all healing classes must be about equal HPS in the end, where the most interesting differences between classes can exist is rather in utility (and arguably fun) ... and priests just lost a huge chunk of theirs in PvP, especially world PvP. There are some unique fun capabilities or special cool aspects outside of simple healing/damage left (like I'd consider Leap of Faith, Angelic Feather, and holy-spec Spirit of Redemption so), but a large chunk is already lost as of Legions beta.

Other than healing/damage itself, Legions sets priest utility / special fun and CC at the low end of the healer spectrum, closer to healers in the average less-popular-than-WoW MMORPG, much below the high end (WoW druids with stealth and a multitude of CC). The low end is not necessarily the model to aspire to. There is a reason I don't play a paladin or shaman healer; I always found them relatively less fun.

Blizzard doesn't market its expansion packs by labeling them "deletion packs" or "mixed expansion-deletion packs." There was actually almost no deletion of anything from the game in its first half-decade, until post-WOTLK, and it survived rather well. WoW only went up in subscriber count in that era, before the more bittersweet post-WOTLK era of one having to wonder as much what will be lost as gained each expansion. (I have a suspicion that my fun from engineering tinker enchantments in battlegrounds and world PvP is going to get removed too, in the name of a balance goal that could have been sufficiently managed just by near-equalizing item level instead).
    Last edited by Siveton; 2015-12-03 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more i see of this X-pack the more I do not want to even buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I see, the more I want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siveton View Post
    Mind controlling other players was, since vanilla, perhaps the single most truly unique signature capability of a priest. And now, apparently, it is gone -- not an option to talent into part-time but gone from ever experiencing in any form of PvP.
    It should be a talent for priests

I dont know what your talking about

Gorefiend cooldown changing from 60 seconds to 120 seconds.

Going to have to have 4 DKs in my raid instead of 2. Rather remove the spell and replace it then increase it's cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Emberhunt View Post
    "Divine Steed (New) Summons your Holy Charger to ride for 4 sec, increasing movement speed by 100%. Useable while indoors or in combat. Paladin - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. 60 sec cooldown."

Sooooo.. Pallys can now mount up in combat????? Uh...game changer?
    Uhh..no, it's a movement speed buff. It only lasts 4 seconds. It's just the Crusader Pony ability from D3, same as Tylurions Might is just Tyrael's El'Druin's Might from HOTS.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-12-03 at 05:24 AM.

The Hunter hall is pretty much meh but then its pretty much how i was expecting it to be and that was meh so i aint too disappointed

So in class preview they showed us shadow priest ability to instantly grant us 100 insanity (2 min cd). And they removed it in this build and gave us arcane orb crap. Brilliant. Absolute brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    They're artifact-quality. See the red font color used for the names?

(Wowhead doesn't display the name of an artifact in red font, which has always been the color intended for that quality since the beginning of the game. Thankfully, WoWDB does.)
    It doesn't matter what wowdb does since nobody uses it.

Rogue class hall. Not sure if funny or sad.

I was actually looking forward to seing after all their "Don't worry, it's great" bs.. lol

Glad they took 4 minutes to make the rogue hall by just putting some new things in already existing places in the sewers. Love how all the other halls look though so far.

Quote Originally Posted by yarjin View Post
    So in class preview they showed us shadow priest ability to instantly grant us 100 insanity (2 min cd). And they removed it in this build and gave us arcane orb crap. Brilliant. Absolute brilliant.
    They are gonna make another wod. Preview means shit, its just a hype train for the fanboys to swallow, and oboy do they swallow it.

This xpac gonna be shit, because wod is shit, and they can't dig themself out of this with such lazy solutions that are now presenting themself. Just wait, they are gonna gut more fun before release, and soon content too (promised at a later patch...).

Don't get me wrong, I want them to make a hell of a expansion, as I've played since release, but this time, I've been fooled enough.

The Death Knight class hall appears to be an unmodified Acheron, just moved to the new continent. Disappointing.

The Priest and Warrior class halls look very cool. (sob)

I consider myself to be a level-headed person that usually is behind Blizzard's decisions... but man, that Rogue class hall is pitiful.

Psyched for my druid main though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    The more i see of this X-pack the more I do not want to even buy it.
    The more i see this exp the more i want this.Get on that hype train

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    The more i see this exp the more i want this.Get on that hype train
    There are no brakes on this hype train.

NO. BRAKES.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Yeah, it shows when they run out of ideas. Poor Rogues.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for this xpac. But as a long-time paladin I am beyond disappointed that the prot pally's artifact weapon is a sword. A sword! We have abilities called HAMMER of the Righteous and HAMMER of Justice, yet they give us a sword.

Ret pallies have Hammer of Wrath, sure, but Ashbringer makes sense for them -- it's an iconic weapon in the lore and it's a 2h weapon. But it seems silly to give prot pallies a sword when the mace has been linked to our spec forever. This Oathseeker better be amazing and the story to obtain it better be great, or I'm re-rolling.

WARRIORS CLASS HALL IS LITERALLY VALHALLA! Warriors finally get something that looks epic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    Rogue class hall. Not sure if funny or sad.

I was actually looking forward to seing after all their "Don't worry, it's great" bs.. lol
    exactly my feeling - it just looks crap and the difference between the current sewer and the future rogue class hall is minor - it would better fit to gang of goblins with all the pile of gold and ogres ... i'm very very disapointed and angry ... man i'm so sick and tired of blizzard stubbornness and there attitude: "papa knows what's cool and what's not".

"We don't want you opinion - we only want your cash."