Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hate beards they look dumb and are itchy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    beards are fun. they give texture to a face and show that a man has high testosterone, this is useful when attracting a mate as you know he will have strong swimmers.
    uhhh.... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trends change and things get played out. The beard is back in.

Too lazy to clean shave, and beards end up itching a bit. So I just do a machine trim across the face every week or so. No complaints so far.

It's sorta natural makeup for men, beard can help to hide weak jawline and/or double chin, so they may make men look better, may boost self-esteem. It's nice to have more good-looking confident people around, I guess. I myself prefer a clean shaven look though.

The last couple girls I've made a run at, liked pretty boys without beards. I think of all the women I know, it's sort of in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    uhhh.... what?
    Facial hair is born from testosterone and men high in testosterone generally are high in fertility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Women follow trends set by the majority on how they think that the ideal man should look like.

Yes I'm bitter that I am unable to ever grow a beard.
    Lol! Please.

I've had practically the same 'type' since puberty.
    Last edited by The Whimsical Dwarf; 2016-03-28 at 01:17 PM.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're comfortable, they're attractive, and they're natural. Men have had facial hair since the dawn of time, and at no point has there been any time in which that wasn't true. Being clean-shaven has been preferred in various avenues of life at different points in history, but at no point was facial hair ever scorned or outlawed, or whatever silly nonsense you want to think. Even in the various avenues where being clean-shaven was preferred.

Elitism can go fuck itself.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Only reason I grew one in 2014 was because I randomly decided "fuck it, I don't feel like shaving today" one morning, and that continued for a few months. It actually turned out pretty decent (I kept it trimmed and such to avoid looking like a hobo but otherwise just let it grow). Shaving sucks.

That, and I get tired of being told I look like I'm about 16. I still have to show my ID to buy lottery tickets (the age requirement in my state for that is 18) at age 31.

As far as why people love them so much...I think that can just be written off as a "we're talking about the Internet here" thing. Sort of like bacon. I love bacon, but I never understood the whole "BACON SEASONING, BACON FLAVORED SODA, BACON CHEWING GUM, T SHIRTS WITH BACON ON THEM, BUMPER STICKERS WITH BACON ON THEM, BACON THIS, BACON THAT" craze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    If you are a man, you *must* have a beard, otherwise you'll have a baby face, or you aren't manly enough, etc etc.
    No they must not... On the other hand, hair on the head is a MUST HAVE....

Real men do not have beards, nor mustage..
    Real men, rests enough in their masculinity, to know facial hair is butt ugly and a turn off, to the vast majority to women.

The only "men", who think beard is a must, is those who stil dwell in their mums basement, or those, WHO don't have any real chance with the opposite sex anyway.. Coincedently, it's the same men, who think women like balled men.. Once more, they are mistaken..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I had a beard long before Hipsters and Lumbersexuals decided to make it their 'thing'. Most normal folk choose to have a beard because they like how it makes them look, not because it's fashionable.
    I think I look strange without a beard, so I usually have a beard. It's a simple as that. Personal choice for the vast majority of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Someone's a little upset he can't grow a beard, eh?
    Nope... Not the least..

But I and truely grateful for the invention of razors..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    You should seek therapy, self harm is a terrible thing.
    Cutting those pesky hairs doesn't count as "self harm", silly person.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nope... Not the least..

But I and truely grateful for the invention of razors..
    as far as i'm concerned, the epitome of manliness is a viking looking mofo with long hair and a huge beard. that's the epitome of what i have always, and probably will always, consider man when i think of it men.

i dont have a very childish looking face so i dont really need to grow a beard to look manly. i do however look good with or without it.. so win win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    beards are fun. they give texture to a face and show that a man has high testosterone, this is useful when attracting a mate as you know he will have strong swimmers.
    a lot of bearded men still look like teens, probably because they're 10 years younger than me

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No they must not... On the other hand, hair on the head is a MUST HAVE....

Real men do not have beards, nor mustage..
    Real men, rests enough in their masculinity, to know facial hair is butt ugly and a turn off, to the vast majority to women.

The only "men", who think beard is a must, is those who stil dwell in their mums basement, or those, WHO don't have any real chance with the opposite sex anyway.. Coincedently, it's the same men, who think women like balled men.. Once more, they are mistaken..
    Got any documentation on the "fact" that the vast majority of woman thinks bears are a turn off?

Personally I got a short trimmer beard, simply because I am too lazy to shave, and my girlfriends like trimmed facial hair.
    So I go over it with a machine every second week or so. Sometimes I don't bother and it goes for longer, and I trim it when the itching starts.

Also it strengthens my jawline.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I trim my beard then do a clean shave on the neck, so the beard accentuates my jawline. It takes me like 5 minutes to do, every second to third day. No big deal.