Leveling 90-100 should i stick with the gear I get as i level or do heirloom upgrade

Just a thought from those that have done it/vs not doing it. Would prefer to level (obviously a bit slower) as long as I won't get trainwrecked in doing so in dps etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use heirlooms, then get a boe lvl 91 staff. You can get the lvl1 ones for pennies nowadays and they're a huge boost on dps. If you have gold and can buy one lvl 4 or higher, you'll be 1-2 shotting everything all the way till lvl 98 or so.

I recently leveled my shammy wearing full heirloom gear (ring included) and I was 100 before gorgrond was even half over. The heirlooms were always better than anything I got.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the Garrosh BOAs so I use them for weapons but I use the upgraded 2/2 heirlooms in all other slots (enchanted fully too) and then slap on lvl 91 crafted gear in my gloves/bracers/boots/belt slots (only 3 obviously) and I usually 1-2 shot everything when I'm leveling up.

Like others have said .. If you don't want to level fast then go with BoE crafted pieces. They're extremely nice at lower levels and will last you even after you hit 100. Heirlooms will pretty much always be better than quest gear aside from the few pieces you might get epic upgrades on.

On a side note.. It would be nice if we could turn off the bonus xp on heirlooms. There's very few times I would like to do it. But it would make leveling with players that don't have full heirlooms a little easier.
    Last edited by Msshammy; 2015-12-18 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    If you have unlocked WoD flying, you can alternatively, with the clever usage of those +300% experience potions, bonus objectives, treasures and gorgrond elite quests, power level you char 91-100 in a matter of 2 hours easily. Have a friend kill everything besides 1 mob from bonus objectives and the gorgrond elite q mobs, throw in your potion and make a line with your flying mount where you pick up treassures, finish the bonus objectives and turn in all gorgrond elite quests.

Even without rested xp or heirlooms, 3 potions should be enough.

edit: you may want to get your second upgrade on certain items anyway though, as for legion you'd have to upgrade it further anyway.
    edit2: gorgrond elite quests require the starting q-line of gorgrond which is not avaiable until having finished frostfire, so not an option sadly.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-12-20 at 12:37 PM.