Thread: Season 5

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You also need to realize that if these players bot its only for when they sleep to be competetive. Most top D3 players end up playing for almost 18 hours a day, that's just ridiculous and people can't keep up with that, so a lot turn to botting.

Just a quick refresher on the forum rules, discussing botting in a context like this is fine (i think), however if people start listing specifics you may receive an infraction.

Ok, almost done with my season 5 journey. Let me just say, while I was doing the set dungeons I fkn HATED them! Every curse work imaginable was spewed doing the Barb Wastes dungeon. Now that I've done the 8 needed (4 Barb and 4 Crusader), set dungeon are pretty cool!

Only need to collect 50mil gold and I'll be done!

My 3 conquests were:
    45 Grift with no set items
    8 set dungeons
    50m gold

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Ok, almost done with my season 5 journey. Let me just say, while I was doing the set dungeons I fkn HATED them! Every curse work imaginable was spewed doing the Barb Wastes dungeon. Now that I've done the 8 needed (4 Barb and 4 Crusader), set dungeon are pretty cool!

Only need to collect 50mil gold and I'll be done!

My 3 conquests were:
    45 Grift with no set items
    8 set dungeons
    50m gold
    Personally I don't see the point in doing 8 set dungeons to mastery when you can do 6 sets to grift 55 solo. Why do 8 when you can do 6 instead? You already need to make a second character and get gear for it so may as well for the slightly easier one.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You also need to realize that if these players bot its only for when they sleep to be competetive. Most top D3 players end up playing for almost 18 hours a day, that's just ridiculous and people can't keep up with that, so a lot turn to botting.

Just a quick refresher on the forum rules, discussing botting in a context like this is fine (i think), however if people start listing specifics you may receive an infraction.
    Keeping up with the other guys Paragons is one thing, smashing it by 1k is on a whole nother level. lol

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Keeping up with the other guys Paragons is one thing, smashing it by 1k is on a whole nother level. lol
    Agreed, was it solo or was it 4man the whole time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, was it solo or was it 4man the whole time?
    Gaby bots for keys during his sleep and plays 16-18 hours in a 4man group a day. This gives him INSANE amount of XP and can completly focus on only grinding the Grifts. While legit players like Quin, Chainer, Alkaizer has to also farm the keys in their online time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Gaby bots for keys during his sleep and plays 16-18 hours in a 4man group a day. This gives him INSANE amount of XP and can completly focus on only grinding the Grifts. While legit players like Quin, Chainer, Alkaizer has to also farm the keys in their online time.
    The only actual weapon against these people is to not follow them - Gabynator made his entire reputation about extreme botting. Hell, he got perma banned during a stream, and the next day he had a new account and was already 700 paragon due to boosting and then again botting.

There is a lot to talk about this, especially the visibility the game gets even if it's through bad behaviour - marketing wise, it's a good move to keep these people play so they can continue to buy your products and make free advertising for you.

Aslo, as you said, he still plays 16 hours a day in a highly optimized 4man group which makes the difference even without botting. Lots of people expect to reach the same levels by spamming public games with their characters and then finding only 400-ish paragon ones.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The only actual weapon against these people is to not follow them - Gabynator made his entire reputation about extreme botting. Hell, he got perma banned during a stream, and the next day he had a new account and was already 700 paragon due to boosting and then again botting.

There is a lot to talk about this, especially the visibility the game gets even if it's through bad behaviour - marketing wise, it's a good move to keep these people play so they can continue to buy your products and make free advertising for you.

Aslo, as you said, he still plays 16 hours a day in a highly optimized 4man group which makes the difference even without botting. Lots of people expect to reach the same levels by spamming public games with their characters and then finding only 400-ish paragon ones.
    He's probably just botting most of his views anyways and those that do follow only do so for the bot info. As for Marketing its also a negative one, it shows current players and new players that you have zero stance on botting and exploitation. In the long run your probably hurting yourself more then anything because more and more players will leave and the only players this brings in are the ones who are just going to bot anyways.

Issue with that last line is he probably wouldn't have thousands of GR keys stocked up to run those GRs without a bot, watch the few top players who don't bot (alk/quin) and notice how they never have more then a stack or 2 of GR keys, meanwhile you've got people like *insert anyone in SoS here* and Gaby who've got thousands of them...just the fact that they've got a few hours of downtime on their accounts since the season started should be grounds for a ban...no human can play for 505 hours out of a possible 535 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Issue with that last line is he probably wouldn't have thousands of GR keys stocked up to run those GRs without a bot, watch the few top players who don't bot (alk/quin) and notice how they never have more then a stack or 2 of GR keys, meanwhile you've got people like *insert anyone in SoS here* and Gaby who've got thousands of them...just the fact that they've got a few hours of downtime on their accounts since the season started should be grounds for a ban...no human can play for 505 hours out of a possible 535 hours
    Why do you worry about other people botting or not, when it doesn't affect you in the slightest? Truth be told, botting doesn't affect anyone in the slightest because this game and its economy (or lack of an economy) is all personal. Its essentially a solo game. If botting gave an unfair advantage that affected other players, then maybe there would be a good argument for doing something about it. And please, dont tell me that "oh it affects the leader boards" At the end of the day, the leader boards are reset. They absolutely dont matter, only for bragging rights for 1000 players. Botting is essentially a non-issue in D3, just jealous people are trying to make it an issue.

Some people play the game to be on the leaderboards, so some people botting definitely does affect them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you worry about other people botting or not, when it doesn't affect you in the slightest? Truth be told, botting doesn't affect anyone in the slightest because this game and its economy (or lack of an economy) is all personal. Its essentially a solo game. If botting gave an unfair advantage that affected other players, then maybe there would be a good argument for doing something about it. And please, dont tell me that "oh it affects the leader boards" At the end of the day, the leader boards are reset. They absolutely dont matter, only for bragging rights for 1000 players. Botting is essentially a non-issue in D3, just jealous people are trying to make it an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Some people play the game to be on the leaderboards, so some people botting definitely does affect them.
    That's the main reason i started doing seasons. I also get joy out of speedfarming, i find it fun and casual enough that I don't need to have great RNG for it.

Deleted
    That's the main reason i started doing seasons. I also get joy out of speedfarming, i find it fun and casual enough that I don't need to have great RNG for it.
    It's the _only_ reason for having seasons at all. The "Season Journey" could just as easily happen on normal servers, albeit requiring you to start a fresh character (achievements can only be unlocked on characters created after start date) or some such nonsense. Seasons are there specifically to put everyone on the same starting line and race to the top of the leaderboards in the time allotted.

Botting undermines the whole point of having seasons at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It's the _only_ reason for having seasons at all. The "Season Journey" could just as easily happen on normal servers, albeit requiring you to start a fresh character (achievements can only be unlocked on characters created after start date) or some such nonsense. Seasons are there specifically to put everyone on the same starting line and race to the top of the leaderboards in the time allotted.

But that's exactly what happened through all D2. Botters were the first to reach level 99, dominated ladders with no chance for other players and also provided the market with an incredible suppy of items, and many ones were duped.

Still people address that experience as incredibly good, while current behavior is utterly condemned.

I agree with you about the bots, but i don't see ladders as the seasons reason to exist.

Again, ladders in D2 were made by bots and everyone was having lots of fun. Ladders in d3 are again plagued by bots and everyone is angry.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post

How would season Journey work on non-season? Just forcing people to make a new character doesn't do anything since you can share gear through a stash and having high paragon. So you'd have to split those aswell. Then you could get carried by one of your friends to gear up super fast, so you wouldn't be able to play with characters that weren't fresh made either and... See where I'm going with this?

Botting might undermine the point of leaderboards, not the point of having season at all. Keep in mind that the majority of players isn't gonna be able to land a leaderboard position, even if there were no bots at all. Heck, even just the seasonal rift requirement is something not everyone can/will reach.

Ladders in D3 are no different than they were/are in d2, bots will always dominate them. If you want to be competitive at the high end of the ladder, you need to be playing 12+ hours a day in a 4m group and bot keys when you go afk. It has been this way since the early days of Diabo 1 all the way through to today in D3 and other games like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Ladders in D3 are no different than they were/are in d2, bots will always dominate them. If you want to be competitive at the high end of the ladder, you need to be playing 12+ hours a day in a 4m group and bot keys when you go afk. It has been this way since the early days of Diabo 1 all the way through to today in D3 and other games like it.
    Well, no... GERBarb and RUSSBarb both were team-played and team-boosted characters, but they didn't use bots.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Archives:_GerBarb
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Archives:_RussBarb

I don't remember the ToU of Diablo 2, but obviously it's questionable that like 15 people would play a single character, and in Diablo 3 that'd be pretty difficult to do. But yeah, in it's hayday, D2 wasn't dominated by bots. It was dominated by these two characters. In order to dominate ladders, there would have had to have been 8 bots, all pretty good to avoid dying, who would've played nonstop.

Then again, some ladders took like only a few days for these guys to ding 99. I remember logging on and chatting on the chats, looking at the ladder and laughing that it's only been like four days and these guys are almost capping experience.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-02-10 at 07:32 PM.

Eish, the seasonal journey final part is rough, level a char to 70 on hardcore, 3 conquests, Grift 70 solo etc... Must admit though, this season is far more enjoyable than the others.

Again, ladders in D2 were made by bots and everyone was having lots of fun. Ladders in d3 are again plagued by bots and everyone is angry.
    A major issue with botting is how uneven the actions are regarding it. If botting was made legal, then people would have the option to bot without worrying about their accounts getting perma banned. Or if blizzard aggressively cracked down on bots 100% of the time, people would know for sure not to bot. The problem is that as botting stands now, it gives all the benefit to the type of player who doesn't give a damn about whether their account is banned or not. I would argue that somebody with this mentality isn't the type of person you want in your gaming community, since they have no real investment in the game. Why have a system that gives all the benefit to the type of players with the worst attitudes?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Why is "not having a real investment in the game" a bad enough thing that people who don't should be banished? In fact, how is it a bad thing in the first place?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."