Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Draenei Warlocks please !

What do you guys think ?

Deleted
    We have those. They're Man'ari Eredar. In Draenei society per se this likely isn't going to happen, as potential warlocks have their brains bashed in on day one of their warlocking career by the paladins. Or why else do you think they have those huge-ass crystal hammers? Rooting out HERESY, 's why.

Draenei are literally only on Azeroth because they spent the last 25,000 years fleeing the burning legion and crashed. No, they wont allow members within their ranks to weild that power. It's bad enough that they can be shadow priests.

There's a thread about this in the general section bi-annually.

It always goes the same way, people say it isn't possible because of head canon and people argue the actual canon at them and they stick their finger in their ears.

Really all it comes down to for any race / class combo is whether or not a race is capable of wielding the magic of said class, if they are there isn't a legitimate reason they can't be that class besides *blizzard simply hasn't put it in yet*.

Since pretty much all of the lore that the game follows regarding magic schools comes from the RPG and is considered non-canon, blizzard can really do whatever the fuck they want.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I don't mind either way, there is clearly one of the most compelling of all the lore reasons why not for the race/class combinations.

The only time they will do this, is when they completely remove all race/class restrictions and any race can be any class... But i have my doubts if they will ever do that.
    Demo is fine... play better.

A draenei becoming a warlock no longer makes them a Draenei.
    I see draenei more as a faction.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

We need the race man'ari ! I dont know how blizzard could implement this, but cmon blizz can do whatever they want. Its like brown orcs, we could get red draenei, and recall them to eredar. Because the sistersson of the warchief of the manari married the brothersbrother of prophet velen. The reunion is complete.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    A draenei becoming a warlock no longer makes them a Draenei.
    I see draenei more as a faction.
    Pretty much this. Technically there's nothing stopping a draenei from becoming a warlock. There are lots of eredar warlocks out there after all. However by becoming a warlock they'd essentially be turning their back on what makes a draenei draenei and find themselves kicked out of the faction, if not outright executed for heresy.

Deleted
    Any class can be any race if Blizzard really wanted it, regardless of how nonsensical it is (Night elf mages, undead hunters).

Was hoping we'd see more combinations this expansion. Lore reason for cata was that we needed to branch out and recruit more and more people etc to help fight Deathwing. This would have been a perfect opportunity to do so too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Pretty much this. Technically there's nothing stopping a draenei from becoming a warlock. There are lots of eredar warlocks out there after all. However by becoming a warlock they'd essentially be turning their back on what makes a draenei draenei and find themselves kicked out of the faction, if not outright executed for heresy.
    Sort of like Night Elf Mages and Human Warlocks then eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pflaufe View Post
    We need the race man'ari ! I dont know how blizzard could implement this, but cmon blizz can do whatever they want. Its like brown orcs, we could get red draenei, and recall them to eredar. Because the sistersson of the warchief of the manari married the brothersbrother of prophet velen. The reunion is complete.
    Won't be shocked to see this in patch 7.1 or another expansion, they did basically confirm they plan to do sub races one day.

Ok, but they could rename the draenei race to Eredar... ? Because the actual RACE isnt draenei, its eredar. Draenei and man'ari are the two clans of the race. If i am wrong please correct me.
    Last edited by Pflaufe; 2015-12-08 at 12:37 AM.

Dude fking first harvestor person was a space goat idc if she is eredar still fking draenei -.- lol and I agree I think tis about fking time we fight back agansit the legion whos being after our asses for at least 500 years lol

Deleted
    we have Draenei Warlocks, they're called Man'ari and are part of the Burning Legion

People discuss like Draenei being Warlocks directly mean they are evil and thus they can't happen. Look at the entire existance of Demon Hunters, they were Illidan's agents and our enemies during TBC, now they are our allies in this battle.

I can't see how a group of Man'ari warlocks could defect to the Draenei under Velen's guidance and helping out against the legion. The lore staff can just make it happen, for sure.

Still makes more sense than undead paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Draenei Warlocks called Eredar?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have undead paladins or panda druids

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Still makes more sense than undead paladins.
    We have Tauren Paladins and priests with a bullshit reason, no puns intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    We have Tauren Paladins and priests with a bullshit reason, no puns intended.
    That's just to even out the race/class balance, and they make more sense than orc or troll becoming paladins. Tauren are the closest lawful good race on the horde, even more than Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    That's just to even out the race/class balance, and they make more sense than orc or troll becoming paladins. Tauren are the closest lawful good race on the horde, even more than Blood Elves.
    Man I'm glad you brought up Class/race balance. Alliance is 4 vs 5 with the Horde in terms of Warlock Race/class. I guess you could say the same thing applies this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Pflaufe View Post
    you cannot compare Mag'har orcs to Man'ari. Man'ari are demon corrupted. warlocks are those who dabbled in fel magic to enslave demons to fight for them.

"Although many that consort with demons fall to darkness, warlocks of the Horde and Alliance advocate bending demonic forces to one's will without succumbing to complete corruption. These spell casters can summon demons to serve them and they can cast many painful spells that slowly eat at the life of their enemies."
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico