Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    It's so easy huh? Yet you people lose your fucking minds when a single encounter in WoW is buggy or imbalanced. But yeah, making every possible encounter/movement/interaction in a completely open world game is just a matter of "flow charts and the like".

Fucking amazing...
    Their other games literally have bugs to this day where a quest segment does not trigger, despite the quest stating an objective complete and all NPC just stand there, because the scripted sequence is over but the next part was never triggered. This either means you have elements of the quests not propperly linked together or you have some major bugs in your script engine (for the lack of a better word). These are documented bugs that have NEVER been fixed, well maybe they did for Fallout 4, but then I can just raise my middle finger as a consumer, because I would have needed those fixes in the last 10 years in my other games as well.

Ultimately, people only care if a game is fun to play and partake in playing.

People actually do not care about bugs, game balance, DLC, graphics, cash shops, etc; as much as the vocal minority think they do.

I know people on forums, comments below and Reddit enjoy making declarative states of dubious criticism based on personal feelings- but really, money doesn't lie. Pubs and devs sell millions of copies despite all those trigger buttons gamers froth at the mouth over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    How the hell does Bethesda get away with their horrible games all the time? I am paying 60 Bucks for a game, I expect it to be somewhat original. 50% of the sounds used there are directly imported from Skyrim, many assets are models and/or textures from Skyrim, even the Lockpicking system is an exact copy with same sound, only difference is The graphics.

But how did you manage to create a game so massive, with so much shit to do, that it ruins the fucking game? I'd rather watch flies fuck, Id rather watch paint dry, I'd rather stick giant chopsticks in my fucking eyes than to play trough their shit.
    1.) the lock picking is the same as it was in FO3(which came before skyrim), and then FOnv... and now its in FO4. Tell me, genius, how many ways does a locksmith pick locks that involves a key?
    2.) sound and textures are not the same. Go play vanilla skyrim little boy and use your eyes this time
    3.) so butt hurt, yet you still paid the money and played the game didnt u? Bethesda thanks you for your patronage...
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2015-12-24 at 06:56 PM.

Fallout 4 and Bethesda. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Not one day, not one FUCKING DAY without someone spamming fallout 4 news or anything else. And bethesda out of all of them seriously? I am going to assume Zenimax doesent care enough to give those developers a bitch slap since they make Zenimax enough money as is, but come on!

How the hell does Bethesda get away with their horrible games all the time? I am paying 60 Bucks for a game, I expect it to be somewhat original. 50% of the sounds used there are directly imported from Skyrim, many assets are models and/or textures from Skyrim, even the Lockpicking system is an exact copy with same sound, only difference is The graphics.

But how did you manage to create a game so massive, with so much shit to do, that it ruins the fucking game? I'd rather watch flies fuck, Id rather watch paint dry, I'd rather stick giant chopsticks in my fucking eyes than to play trough their shit. Let's not forget about the Quest bugs, because of conversation bugs, because of combat bugs. Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs, Buggy mac buggertons bughouse that's what you should called the piece of garbage you created. What about their praised games such as Skyrim and Morrowind? Morrowind had RNG styled combat. You could hit your enemy 100 times before it died.

I don't care when the game was made, who the fuck does this? Skyrim? Even worse when it comes to bugs. I Purchased fallout 4 to experience it before the 2 hour mark so I could refund the game. It's not the first time I had a game breaking bug. When talking, my character under multiple occasions just decided to step backwards and clip into a wall. Luckily I knew how to use the console command to get out but fucking seriously. When you pay 60 dollars for a game, you expect some Form of Originallity, A bug free game, and to the people saying "Well, all open world games has bugs" Give me a fucking break. Witcher 3? Battlefront 3? It's from EA; there you'd expect them to charge for bug fixes, but not even they are as crap as bethesda. Overwatch? It's in Beta, and it's already more polished and bugfree than any of the Bethesda titles.

Do bethesda not play trough their games? Do they just like release it when They're done with it? Or what is the problem? Do they say that they cant fix the bugs? I just frankly don't understand, and I am afraid, I have to say the most Overrated Developer goes to Fallout 4 without a doubt.
    I ask the same thing about Blizzard and World of Warcraft. I guess at least you don't need to pay $15 dollars a month to play Fallout 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Someone is in a bad mood and looking to insult someone based on nothing.
    Why complain about a game no one forced you to buy? I'm not angry, but I am trying to reinforce a concept here. People buy Bethesda games because they are a popular brand in the gaming industry, if they made poor games they would be out of business. The OP is angry because he just went out and bought the game, (probably with his parents money) saw a couple bugs and raged.

I've only personally had 2 bugs both only mildly irritating one of them all it is is when first meeting the minutemen and Preston is talking to you the subtitles don't advance. The other one when at a cooking station there is a chance you get stuck in it to fix it either just save and load the save or just open the console and put in the command to force your character to teleport back to sanctuary.

My only gripe with Fallout was the settlement nonsense. Beyond that every development company is shamed and called names, etc. Yet when the next sequel or new IP from that said Developer comes out, people buy it in droves. Look at every sports game that comes out each year, same damn game with some new hoo ha added to it. People are more or less paying $60 for a roster update.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Why complain about a game no one forced you to buy? I'm not angry, but I am trying to reinforce a concept here. People buy Bethesda games because they are a popular brand in the gaming industry, if they made poor games they would be out of business. The OP is angry because he just went out and bought the game, (probably with his parents money) saw a couple bugs and raged.
    No, you're very upset that someone has a differing opinion than you. You are making him into a child for his criticism of the game and developer's reputation. He has brought intelligent points to the argument, you have not. Maybe you should get mommy to tuck you in, I think it's close to bed time. Don't like it, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, you're very upset that someone has a differing opinion than you. You are making him into a child for his criticism of the game and developer's reputation. He has brought intelligent points to the argument, you have not. Maybe you should get mommy to tuck you in, I think it's close to bed time. Don't like it, do you?
    I didn't buy Fallout 4, I have no interest in the companies' well being. I remember when kids were complaining about Diablo 3, because of whatever reason. Simple solution, don't buy the game. My differing opinion is: stop making threads like this they are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After playing the buggy piece of crap that is new vegas on Win8.1 I have to say, yeah .. the multiple screen long bug sections on the wiki they never bothered fixing .. Bethesda gets away with a lot. Too much, that is sure as well. But it's still a difference if Bethesda sells you a complete 120 hour game, or EA selling you a roster update or worse an unfinished game with shit-loads of day one micro transactions in a full price title. Same with Shittyvison and Crappysoft, they usually outbrown EA even these days.

Bethesda also had a stellar E3 performance this year, which garnered them a lot of good will, where the others fucked up royally like usual.
    How is playing NV on windows 8 thier problem when it wasnt designed for windows 8 and windows 8 is a POS?

I can ask the same thing for Valve, or anything that has a strong fanbase.
    I lost all respect for valve when they stopped being a game development company and started being a marketing company. The monitization of skins in CS is by far the gayest shit they have ever done. All these hipsters now acting like skins are a cool new thing when they were around long before 1.6 and at least then they wernt tied to valves bowl of shit default weapon models.

The 8.1 issues are just shitty programming and their god awful engine,
    So they didnt see into the future and design FONV around windows 8.1? Go buy windows 7 and stop bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't buy Fallout 4, I have no interest in the companies' well being. I remember when kids were complaining about Diablo 3, because of whatever reason. Simple solution, don't buy the game. My differing opinion is: stop making threads like this they are annoying.
    Thats becuase diablo 3 was a subpar game that was sold on diablo 2's repuation and nothing more, If it had come out under a different name with no relation to diablo it would have flopped.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the OP is a kid who probably never had to work for anything in his life. I'm sorry, I didn't read the whole post, but I got the gist of it. We live in a free market, no one is forcing you to buy these games. Wait before you buy the product, or don't buy the product at all.
    What the fuck? The OP is most likely a child who has never had to work for anything because the OP is looking at a purchase critically and is opposed to the whole "ZOMG BETHESDA GAME I HAVE TO BUY IT SO GOOD OMG LOL!" mentality? You got it backwards.

I have no idea how they get away with it, OP. Skyrim was horribly buggy. Awful. The world was beautifully made and with mods even more so, but the combat was horrible and the game was full of bugs. Fallout I can't really complain about because if you were a smart consumer and didn't buy it directly from Steam it was only $34 USD on day 1 instead of $60, and hey I can't complain too much about the bugs when a game is basically half priced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ultimately, people only care if a game is fun to play and partake in playing.

People actually do not care about bugs, game balance, DLC, graphics, cash shops, etc; as much as the vocal minority think they do.

I know people on forums, comments below and Reddit enjoy making declarative states of dubious criticism based on personal feelings- but really, money doesn't lie. Pubs and devs sell millions of copies despite all those trigger buttons gamers froth at the mouth over.
    This is so true actually, I only care about these things when cheats are basically built into the game and you have to deliberately avoid activating god mode (*cough* vanilla Skyrim *cough*) or constant crashes to desktop, falling through the ground all the time, getting stuck between 2 flowers.

But games like Fallout 4, well its been hours and hours of FUN! Sure it has glitches and bugs and stuff but who cares when I've had over 60 hours of fun playing it while some balanced to perfection games are just boring and if I have to make myself play it to see the story or feel like Ive at least finished it so the money didnt go to waste, they're obviously doing other things wrong that are much more important.

Back in my day if there was a bug in a game, It never got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What the fuck? The OP is most likely a child who has never had to work for anything because the OP is looking at a purchase critically and is opposed to the whole "ZOMG BETHESDA GAME I HAVE TO BUY IT SO GOOD OMG LOL!" mentality? You got it backwards.

I have no idea how they get away with it, OP. Skyrim was horribly buggy. Awful. The world was beautifully made and with mods even more so, but the combat was horrible and the game was full of bugs. Fallout I can't really complain about because if you were a smart consumer and didn't buy it directly from Steam it was only $34 USD on day 1 instead of $60, and hey I can't complain too much about the bugs when a game is basically half priced.
    Except that he did buy it and is complaining. Lol, "looking at a purchase critically," Is that what he's doing? No, he is going off on a profanity laced entitled rant. 'Buyer Beware', is the old saying.
    Last edited by Seani; 2015-12-24 at 11:38 PM.

Well this is exactly what I fucking said

Fallout 4 season pass has gone up to 50 dollars, and now its suddenly okay to charge 120 dollars for a game
    When EA tried to do that, they're torn a new asshole.

Battlefront 3 was a step back from battlefront 2 yes
    But fallout 4 was also a step back from New vegas and Fallout 3.

Just goes to prove again that bethesda gets away with anything.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather pay the 50 for actual content instead of 4 maps to get bored with after a few hours. Bethesda has always had good dlc IMO, so I think that's a part of why they get away with it. Plus you have until March first to buy it at the 30$ price.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Well this is exactly what I fucking said

Fallout 4 season pass has gone up to 50 dollars, and now its suddenly okay to charge 120 dollars for a game
    When EA tried to do that, they're torn a new asshole.

Battlefront 3 was a step back from battlefront 2 yes
    But fallout 4 was also a step back from New vegas and Fallout 3.

Just goes to prove again that bethesda gets away with anything.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From link:

However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
    Sounds okay to me.

its suddenly okay to charge 120 dollars for a game
    Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.
    Lol I agree that devs of a video game can charge what they want, but by your logic that guy who increased the price of the HIV drug was okay to do so. I wouldn't want to live by your rules.

*shrug* I was given it for christmas on the Xbox1 so no console commands for me.

Played it non stop till about February.

Good game. Will be buying DLCs.

Got a chuckle out of the whole "Stolen lockpicking from Skyrim" line though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol I agree that devs of a video game can charge what they want, but by your logic that guy who increased the price of the HIV drug was okay to do so. I wouldn't want to live by your rules.
    Something something compulsory "omg you must be in favour of big government controlling every aspect of your life" comment something something
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.