Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Current situation in Poland..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What did poland do?
    Basically trying to break free from foreign influence, best represented by our former government of thieves and traitors. The sad part is that many people would still vote for said thieves, and we have another clone of PO in form of Nowoczesna, which is getting decent support. People are just idiots. Those who don't know history are bound to repeat it - one would just hope their memory would extend further past than 5-6 years.

I'm not a PiS voter myself, but I applaud every action they are taking right now. I'm only affirmed with it even more every time I see a former communist or collaborator barking about the loss of democracy in "polish" main sewer media.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They got a right wing populist goverment after the last vote, and those guys are starting to replace democracy by a dictatorship. They made their constitutional court useless, and replace military, judicative and legislative leaders with their own people.
    Which is exactly what happens in Poland after every election - the current government replaces the old one's representatives with their own. The only difference now is that PiS threatens the establishment. This is not to say they will change things fundamentally, but they want to replace the wheel, not jump on it. This is something the former government can't allow, and they still do control the media. This is what the crisis stems from.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2015-12-24 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Bermuda is on place 5. So better dont allow Bermudaen immigrants to come to your country!
    That's really a dumb argument... First, it's not about accepting immigrants at all. It's about accepting large numbers of immigrants without the possibility of background checking (since most of the Syrians "refugees" got rid of their papers so you can't even deport them). Second, those rape rankings were used to show how the situation changed in Sweden, not to show that Swedes or Syrians are rapists.
    Also i wonder how Sweden proves that arab people are all rapists. Because they have some immigrants?
    I would actually want to see some evidence for that. All the time I hear anecdotal evidence or some people shouting "there is not a day when a muslim doesn't rape/kill someone in Germany/Sweden etc.
    Also, if its all those arab immigrants which are rapers, why isnt syria or saudi arabia on place one of the "raper country of the year" hitlist?
    Mate, did you really ask this question? Do you know that under sharia law, if a woman is raped and then reports it she is killed for sex outside marriage? To sentence raper as guilty you need 3 male witnesses giving testimony against that guy.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Which is exactly what happens in Poland after every election - the current government replaces the old one's representatives with their own.
    With the difference the former government did not disempower the constitutional court, while the right wing populists are doing exactly that by changing the law.

Which is a direct attack on democracy. And not "something every government does".

Dont try to ridicule the activities of those who oppose democracy in poland.

With the difference the former government did not disempower the constitutional court, while the right wing populists are doing exactly that by changing the law.

Which is a direct attack on democracy. And not "something every government does".

Dont try to ridicule the activities of those who oppose democracy in poland.
    The tribunal has ZERO actual power, so it can't be disempowered. It can only form legal opinions on matters regarding constitution, it has no way to enforce them. It's up to a current government if they follow these opinions. The former government disregarded several dozens of said opinions during their rule.

Which is exactly what happens in Poland after every election - the current government replaces the old one's representatives with their own. The only difference now is that PiS threatens the establishment. This is not to say they will change things fundamentally, but they want to replace the wheel, not jump on it. This is something the former government can't allow, and they still do control the media. This is what the crisis stems from.
    It baffles my mind how they were able to convince people that it's all 'establishment'.. the EU, the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights, pretty much all law schools in and out of Poland, Ombudsman.. Ye they are all part of the 'establishment', enemies of Poland.. >.> Basically everyone who doesn't blindly follow current government..
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    That's really a dumb argument... First, it's not about accepting immigrants at all. It's about accepting large numbers of immigrants without the possibility of background checking (since most of the Syrians "refugees" got rid of their papers so you can't even deport them).
    Yes, and Bermuda is not accepting any immigrants. Still they are worse than sweden on the rape list. So if you try to get a causality going for immigration and the rape rate, you probably also should have real statistics.

Second, those rape rankings were used to show how the situation changed in Sweden, not to show that Swedes or Syrians are rapists.
    As i said, we germans took a million immigrants the last year. The rape quote did not change.

I would actually want to see some evidence for that. All the time I hear anecdotal evidence or some people shouting "there is not a day when a muslim doesn't rape/kill someone in Germany/Sweden etc.
    There just is no evidence, as this is just a useful stereotype for the right wing populists. It is far from being true.

Deleted
    Also, if its all those arab immigrants which are rapers, why isnt syria or saudi arabia on place one of the "raper country of the year" hitlist?
    There is a difference between a swedish girl wearing next to nothing and a girl wearing a burqa. The burqa "protects" you from rape and most girls in the middle east wears them. Also, isnt there a chance that you get stoned if you report a rape there? And need like 4-5 men as witness.

Here ya go, some nice rape statistic in Sweden. blue is for swedes, the pinkish one is the amount of rapes that would be commited if immigrants commited the same amount of rapes as swedes. And the rest of that pillar is the total amount made by immigrants or their children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    It's a travesty that such shit-tier country is allowed to exist in the first place tbh
    I could say the same about you as a person.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2015-12-24 at 10:16 AM.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I can't belive what I am reading here. A crybaby PO or leftist shit supporter comes here and cries about his loser political party xD. That is the new low . Don't listen to this idiot he is here only to draw attention like a sore loser.

Thank you Serendia!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    It's not a huge mess with our constitutional laws. I'm ashamed to share the same country with you. To be so blind and easily manipulated is fucking cringeworthy. You're whining about PiS (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość) replacing the judges from the Tribunal of the Constitution yet you have so easily forgotten that PO (Platforma Obywatelska) did the same thing when they were first elected. Where were you back then? I didn't see you anywhere "protecting the democracy and constitution".
    Then i hope, i may and others people like me, die as soon possible. So you will not feel shame anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    It baffles my mind how they were able to convince people that it's all 'establishment'.. the EU, the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights, pretty much all law schools in and out of Poland, Ombudsman.. Ye they are all part of the 'establishment', enemies of Poland.. >.> Basically everyone who doesn't blindly follow current government..
    Hardly needed convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's not really. It's indescribably ironic. Polish migrant workers have benefited from the access to European labor markets for decades. While Poland has seen no major rise in immigration they are preemptively passing blatantly paranoid and authoritarian laws to prevent the "filthy" non-Christians getting anywhere near Poland 'cuz they don't have welfare for all those migrants.

I always had a tremendous respect for Poland and the Polish people, but this time around I can't help but having them pegged as a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

Since when do Polish imigrants want to force their idiotic laws onto you, rape everything that moves, behead people because theyre of diffrent religion ?

Thank you Serendia!

Deleted
    The tribunal has ZERO actual power, so it can't be disempowered. It can only form legal opinions on matters regarding constitution, it has no way to enforce them. It's up to a current government if they follow these opinions. The former government disregarded several dozens of said opinions during their rule.
    That just sounds like a weak excuse. Sorry, but the constitutional court here in germany also may not create new laws, they only may declare laws void and give them back to the legislative to reevalute it. That also was the case in poland, but not anymore since they changed the law.

Yet, they did follow most of them.

As for power - this is exactly the point of trias politica principle - legislature, an executive, and a judiciary. This means the court rules whether something is legal or not, but does not have the right of executing it. This is different branch.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha I can't belive what I am reading here. A crybaby PO or leftist shit supporter comes here and cries about his loser political party xD. That is the new low . Don't listen to this idiot he is here only to draw attention like a sore loser.
    I can't find the OP talking anything about PO. That's just template thinking. You see someone criticizing PiS and immediatelly label him as "crybaby PO or leftist shit supporter comes crying about his loser political party".

I have never seen so much disdain, bloodthirtsiness and lack of will for dialogue seeping into public discussion. And majority of it coming from supporters of the current government, further fueled by said government, who only want to steamroll over everyone else.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Or maybe someone who doesn't blindly follow what 'the only party' declares? Someone who is sceptical of changes, and expects that someone who 'comes to right what previous wronged' would actually follow the law, and didn't push for dictatorship, under the name of 'repairing country'..
    I have no love for previous government, they lost their position, because they deserved it.. But good god, what's happening right now, is even more scary than they were.. And it's just the beginning, I'm anxious what they have in stock now, when they don't need to worry about the constitutional court anymore..
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    There is a difference between a swedish girl wearing next to nothing and a girl wearing a burqa. The burqa "protects" you from rape and most girls in the middle east wears them. Also, isnt there a chance that you get stoned if you report a rape there? And need like 4-5 men as witness.
    If i read sentences like this i really wonder if there is still some intellect left in the right wing ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    Here ya go, some nice rape statistic in Sweden. blue is for swedes, the pinkish one is the amount of rapes that would be commited if immigrants commited the same amount of rapes as swedes. And the rest of that pillar is the total amount made by immigrants or their children.
    Once again.. there is way more rape in Bermuda. And they got no immigrants at all. Tell me, how were the Bermudeans able to beat Sweden?

It has the legal power of blocking unconstitunional laws. It's sort of a guardian making sure that government doesn't act against constitution. If the government doesn't try to pass laws which would be against constitution then the tribunal has nothing to do. Indeed, tribunal has no executive power, just like courts don't (they're all parts of juidiciary branch of government).

And here's where it gets scary for me - when I see that the tribunal is powerless because the government doesn't want to respect its decisions. It's as if police chose to not respects decisions of courts and not lock convicts up. So in this regard you are right - every institution has as much power as people are willing to respect it and execute its decisions. And the current government doesn't seem to respect law and the tribunal and changes it to suit their needs or outright ignores. With a permission or large part of society. And this is where it gets me. I can agree with many changes brought by the new government. I can even believe the previous government was a bunch of traitors selling the country. But all this can be sorted out in more civil ways, without breaking the law or simply "good habits" and resorting to issuing threats against the other half of society. The moment when government starts to disrespect the law, even with permission of the society, is a dangerous precedent.

Isn't the expression "Polish Parliament" supposed to imply "a massive disorgainsed hodgepodge where nothing gets done"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.