Poll: Would you rather have been born as a member of the opposite sex?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where's the option for "whatever, nothing would change" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Powerful? in what regards? Being a man is hard, you need initiative you have to hit on women, you have to support your family you have to be strong, it's a lot of pressure.
    Physical strength, confidence, being able to go where you please whenever without much fear, being able to fist fight/brawl, social context that support masculinity, siring children, being a dominant bread winner, being the dominant partner in sex most often, receiving blow jobs, having erections, growing beards, peeing while standing, etc. I associate all that with masculinity and enjoy those qualities in men greatly. I view it as being powerful, dominating.

I'm a big fan of men generally speaking. They're pretty swell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Other than the fact that the female sex has a longer lifespan then no I am perfectly happy as a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think it's difficult to be a man in some regards but they seem to me to be rather powerful. Think it would be cool to 'experience' the feeling of male power from a first person perspective as it would be totally alien to me as a woman.
    Take up power lifting and you'll be stronger than most guys your size who don't do the same after a while. Power isn't all it's cracked up to be... though it definitely is better to be strong than to be weak. And you'd have to work way harder for the same gains as guys, which is definitely one of the reasons I wouldn't want to be female. The second is the reproductive system; the female one just seems awful compared to the male one, which almost isn't even there beyond providing you with a sex drive.

On the other hand, there are social advantages to being a female if you're an underachiever like me. Probably wouldn't be worth it, though. Not like I need it anyway.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The second is the reproductive system; the female one just seems awful compared to the male one, which almost isn't even there beyond providing you with a sex drive
    ... What? O_o What's so bad with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    ... What? O_o What's so bad with it?
    Cycles, pregnancies, higher maintenance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    Other than the fact that the female sex has a longer lifespan then no I am perfectly happy as a man.
    Thats actually not true biologically. Men just take more risks and when theres something wrong with them, dont go to the doctor straight away and "tough it out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Cycles, pregnancies, higher maintenance.
    O_o

Higher maintenance? Like, the other I could understand somewhat but... higher maintenance? Whaaaaat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Thats actually not true biologically. Men just take more risks and when theres something wrong with them, dont go to the doctor straight away and "tough it out".
    I think there's a link between testosterone and risky behaviour

Absolutely. Already in transition, it would have made life so much easier.

I'll just take the easy way out and be Ranma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    confidence
    You might be surprised, but confidence really doesn't depend on the gender; there are countless men with severe anxiety issues and generally low confidence. I think the only real advantage we have is our physical strength, that allows us to get away in one piece from a wider range of dangerous situations than that for women. But it is compensated by higher expectations in this regard from us.

Oh, and we also don't get pregnant. But that might be seen as both advantage and disadvantage, depending on how you look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    let me think... can piss standing, dont have to shave legs , hair cuts are cheap and dont last longer than 10 min, cant get pregnant, my penis dosnt bleed every month for a week... yee im good thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

Oh, and we also don't get pregnant. But that might be seen as both advantage and disadvantage, depending on how you look at it.
    I'm sickly worried about complications during child birth, like, I have been pregnant but that's resulted in abortions, not child birth. One thing that worries me like fuck is dying due to complications, another thing is retained placenta after reading how they treat that. ._.

O_o

Higher maintenance? Like, the other I could understand somewhat but... higher maintenance? Whaaaaat.
    I dunno, I see an awful lot of lower-body-health/clenliness stuff around all the bathrooms of women I know, or in mine when I'm with one. I'm a straight man and love pussy as much as the next guy, but there can be some gross shit down there sometimes, from weird coagulated blood, or those cheese-like things produced by the natural yeast growing a little out of control, never mind the smell sometimes, etc.

Not that dicks can't be gross as well (I assume), but to deal with one all you have to do is basically stand in the shower and, if you have one, peel the foreskin back then rinse. As far as I know, men don't - even to this day - keep dying because they failed their groin hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sickly worried about complications during child birth, like, I have been pregnant but that's resulted in abortions, not child birth. One thing that worries me like fuck is dying due to complications, another thing is retained placenta after reading how they treat that. ._.
    I don't think you need to be worried about dying, the probability is very close to 0. That said, if I were a female, I would be scared as hell of childbirth. They say it is not the most pleasant of experiences...

Then, getting knocked out hard in a fight is quite ugly too, and that's something women rarely have to deal with... So I guess we all have our hardships in life.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

sounds like me if i can avoid the doctor i will id rather be in pain for few days more then spend an hour their
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think you need to be worried about dying, the probability is very close to 0. That said, if I were a female, I would be scared as hell of childbirth. They say it is not the most pleasant of experiences...
    Idk, I have a friend who almost died, her cervix wouldn't dilate properly and then they had to perform an emergency c-section and she wouldn't stop bleeding, almost bled out. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I wish everyone happiness with what they choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I have a friend who almost died, her cervix wouldn't dilate properly and then they had to perform an emergency c-section and she wouldn't stop bleeding, almost bled out. :|
    I'm sorry... That sounds horrible. Still, I don't think it is something happening very often.