Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    And yet we got sports like Rugby and American Football that leave players with crippling health issues long after their sports career has ended, and plenty have died from them due to head injuries and what not... all for the mere amusement of sports fans all around.
    There's a difference between sports with high risks of injury and sports that aim to injure/kill their opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah we already have MMA as a substitute. I like watching fights as much as the next guy but I'd rather not see people decapitated or disemboweled on live television tyvm. Beating someones face bloody is fine though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    They wouldn't fight. I hear they are forming a bromance.

Can we have Putin beat up Obama instead?
    Not sure the fight would go that way. Obama is 10 years younger, in better shape, and has 15 centimetre longer reach. In a striking match, that reach/height difference is huge.

Putin is potentially a Judo black belt and former KGB agent - in ground game I think he has favor if the stories are true.

Not a Pro-Obama thing, just the reality of the height / age / fitness difference is pretty game-winning in a striking match regardless of how much of a badass Putin may be on the ground (though given all his other propaganda antics - even something I'm otherwise tempted to believe (Judo / KGB) falls under new scrutiny).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

No, because martial arts fills a similar niche in a more modern non barbaric manner. Slaughtering animals with spears and shields isn't exactly an acceptable thing now either. Getting people to fight to the death so they are no longer slaves for the amusement of the rich isn't acceptable either.

ETC.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-01-06 at 06:44 PM.

We probably shouldn't but I can guarantee you that I would watch it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweden still has that

Deleted
    Dear god no. Disgusting "sport".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Do you think that we should bring back Gladiator battles in today's society?
    Depends what you mean. If you mean having war elephants, alligators, lions and shit in an arena with some poor bastards, then no.

But if you mean 1v1 gladiatorial duels, then we already have that in the form of Boxing, Martial Arts, and Mixed Martial Arts. We also have Knight Fighting.

There are also larger scale battles that are like 15 vs 15. But i'm having a hard time finding a youtube video of it. Those are really awesome!

Nvm, Found it!

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    ~
    I've always wondered: aren't these knight battles, let alone large scale clashes, dangerous? It seems like there is a potential to do some serious damage, lethal even.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've always wondered: aren't these knight battles, let alone large scale clashes, dangerous? It seems like there is a potential to do some serious damage, lethal even.
    Sure is dangerous! That is part of the allure!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Do you think that we should bring back Gladiator battles in today's society?
    im for it if they are murderers and members of ISIS

Deleted
    Yes, most certainly we should. Classic roman way and variations of it. To death if participants wish so. Alongside we should restore culture of duels where two grown men can fight to the death for whatever reason they see fit.

Decent ways to dispose of the thrash sentenced for death. Bestarius contra pack of rabid dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to link this, but it isn't a reality just yet.

Part of winning a fight, is to disable your opponent. I'm not sure they can simulate having your foot cut off, or a limb removed.

I must be a Neanderthal or something because I would watch the hell out of that.

there was a movie that was a bit like it called Arena that was underrated, a real gem.

15+ Year Old Account

The best gladiator movie ever. I so loved that when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.