Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same here been shopping at this Plaza for the last 10 years since it opened and no one ever wants to have a conversation with me even though I have been going to the same supermarket and chinese takeout for 10 years. Its like they don't even know who I am!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So by your logic, everybody with mental illness is just being misdiagnosed?
    Where did I say any of that? Your reading comprehension skills are almost as shit as your logic skills. I think people like to bring attention to a "illness" that literally has no way to be proven. Oh you say you have issues relating to people or your social skills are shit? Guess you must have _______. Same thing with ADD, Bipolar, ADHD, or fibromayalgia. I rarely hear anything from a grocery clerk other than the total, and have a nice day when I leave. My point was someone is making a big deal out of something I would consider to be trivial and looking for validation that aspergers is solely the reason he is ignored by clerks. Now, do us all a favor learn to read and stop making asinine assumptions.

Cashiers are usually really friendly here, I try and go to the ones that aren't. They are really efficient because they dgaf about the small talk.

look approachable. If you walk up shy and quiet, staring at the ground of course they aren't going to feel open to conversation. You have to walk up with a smile, looking them in the eyes and initiate with something like Hey, hows your day?

Sometimes we cashiers just want you to go away. Sometimes we greet people warmly, and they ignore us. There's stupid questions like "how much is this?" And they alwaaaaaaays seem to ask this question when they are a good meter or two away... People ask about the products... Do you think we really fucking know? The store has it, the store sells it, you give me money for the product, and then you fuck off. I'm happy, you're happy!

Just have to say something bro, just be yourself. Don't worry, because your projecting how you feel, and it probably comes off weird.

Depending on my mood, sometimes I'll chat, sometimes I just want to pay and gtfomw.

But really, just, Hey, how's your day? Yeah? I'm tired too, just got off work. Plans? Well, you just rang up that frozen pizza... you?

And so on.

Edit: And I mind people behind me. Don't stand around chatting if there's a line. That shit pisses me off.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.