Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Which is good, it's the best soundtrack ever.
    Aye. Crappy pc soundtracks were the worst. No vocals on One Winged Angel and The Extreme sounds like garbage.

Awesome! I've never actually gotten to play FF9, so this is great news.

Now I'm waiting for FFX/X-2 to get a release date...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm no. Only issue was they got released with their original crappy pc soundtracks in which 7 got patched with the ps1 and 8 still hasn't. Since FF9 didn't release on PC at all until now it'll have the original ps1 music.
    There are issues with FF releases on steam though.

FFIV is the crappy DS version, instead of the definitive PSP one with After Years included.
    FFV and FFVI have terrible looking sprites that look out of place in the world and terrible menus that need mods to fix.

I would say FFIX should be fine, if they don't fuck up the menus as they aren't really touching the graphics, just up ressing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There are issues with FF releases on steam though.

FFIV is the crappy DS version, instead of the definitive PSP one with After Years included.
    FFV and FFVI have terrible looking sprites that look out of place in the world and terrible menus that need mods to fix.

I would say FFIX should be fine, if they don't fuck up the menus as they aren't really touching the graphics, just up ressing them.
    Oh are those the really crappy ports on steam?. Only ones I own are either original ones that were for the SFC/SNES or the DS remakes. I think I do have 4 on DS but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh are those the really crappy ports on steam?. Only ones I own are either original ones that were for the SFC/SNES or the DS remakes. I think I do have 4 on DS but not sure.
    I dunno. I watched a LPer play the PC version of FF4 with no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I dunno. I watched a LPer play the PC version of FF4 with no problems whatsoever.
    You wouldn't realize there was a problem with it when you never played the much superior version of it, now would you?

Like I said, the problem with FFIV is they chose a lesser version of it to port instead of the definitive one... Not a "technical" problem that would come up in a LP. I forgot though, this is the internet that has LPs judge their opinions instead of researching and playing their own games though...

This is the only version of FFIV that matters and sadly Square has never ported it anywhere.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-01-10 at 06:03 AM.

FF9 main story is defiantly a fun run to redo. Its not super long and has plenty of memorable fun bits (like saving rat boy from that massive Sandworm duing the cleyra raid) or the beast killing tournament in disc 1. But some of the side quests are a chore. I legit cannot be bothered with chocographs/treasure hunting anymore even they give the best items in the game. You don't even need them. Unless you want to beat Ozma, but fuck that luck based fight.

ozma luck based? did you do it without unlocking melee

Deleted
    Never played FF in my life, waiting for the entire series to come to steam first. I know you don't need to play them in order...but my inner gamer needs too.

Quote Originally Posted by gamamage View Post
    ozma luck based? did you do it without unlocking melee
    "Give me some X!"

I'll probably buy it, and redo my fav game of all time, again.

If you played the PS1 version you would know that is not the case. In the PS1 version you literally spent 20s at a black screen just listening to the battle music before the animation started. That was the loading. In the classic version, since it's installed to either a HDD(PS3) or high speed memory card(vita) those black screens are literally 1 second long.
    Oh please, it's like 8 seconds.

You wouldn't realize there was a problem with it when you never played the much superior version of it, now would you?

Like I said, the problem with FFIV is they chose a lesser version of it to port instead of the definitive one... Not a "technical" problem that would come up in a LP. I forgot though, this is the internet that has LPs judge their opinions instead of researching and playing their own games though...

This is the only version of FFIV that matters and sadly Square has never ported it anywhere.
    What does it have different?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    What does it have different?
    An entirely new game/sequel that is 40 hours+ long with it?

High res sprites and world based on the original version instead of terrible low poly count 3D models that look like ass?

Want me to keep going or is the 2 most important factors good enough?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-01-10 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Never played FF in my life, waiting for the entire series to come to steam first. I know you don't need to play them in order...but my inner gamer needs too.
    They don't have a relation to each other and 2 FF are MMOs (11 and 14) so it's best not to wait for all of them. There is also a bunch of spin offs on handhelds and such like tactics, tactics advanced, etc etc
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    FFII is probably hands down a piece of trash, and the worst game in the series. That alone says playing them in order is folly.

Not to mention if you literally want to play every FF game in order of release, good luck on that one and them all coming to steam. Games like Mystic Quest, Crisis Core and not to mention the gameboy games(which are FF games in name only mind you, but would fit with your OCD) have a slim to none chance of ever being ported to PC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-01-10 at 09:32 PM.

One of my favorite final fantasies of all time, and by sheer coincidence, I've been downloading the OC Remix album. I know what I'll be listening to on the road to release. Just wish I could preorder it like 4 times already, I'll probably be checking the Steam page daily for that button.

An entirely new game/sequel that is 40 hours+ long with it?

High res sprites and world based on the original version instead of terrible low poly count 3D models that look like ass?

Want me to keep going or is the 2 most important factors good enough?
    The steam version comes with FF7-After Years. The 3-D sprites are a design decision. If you don't like them, that's cool. Some people do. I don't really care either way. Any other major differences?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

FFII is probably hands down a piece of trash, and the worst game in the series. That alone says playing them in order is folly.

Not to mention if you literally want to play every FF game in order of release, good luck on that one and them all coming to steam. Games like Mystic Quest, Crisis Core and not to mention the gameboy games(which are FF games in name only mind you, but would fit with your OCD) have a slim to none chance of ever being ported to PC.
    I thought FF2 was ok for what it was. Certainly not the best but not that bad. But meh opinions brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    The steam version comes with FF7-After Years. The 3-D sprites are a design decision. If you don't like them, that's cool. Some people do. I don't really care either way. Any other major differences?
    The 3D sprites in the 3 remake are okay, the 3D sprites in a game that looks glorious already and wasn't NES look ugly as shit- because they where designed for the DS with primitive 3D technology.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-01-10 at 10:25 PM.