I need to vent a little and I'd like to hear your thoughts about the game and the overall promises about games that offer freedom of choice but fails to deliver. The most recent disappointment is called "Until dawn" for the PS4. It promises freedom of choice and impact on the story but this promise is broken within the first 10 minutes of the game, since it doesn't matter if you let Beth fall to her death or just both twins drop, eventually they both fall down the cliff. The only difference is the order in which they fall, not the outcome.

The game is constantly interrupted by a creepy shrink, asking about your inner fears, supposedly to make the game as terrifying for you as possible but again, answering these questions does nothing to alter the game other than some snarky remarks by the shrink.

The only tension in the game is built up by jump scares and what little tension there might be built up is quickly ruined by quick time events that can be ignored most of the time.

The game has a relationship-meter that shows your currently played character's relationship status towards the other characters, which again, has no impact on the game, not even the dialogue

There are totems to collect, which are supposed to help you with visions of your played character's death for you try and avoid said death. But they are also useless since the split second sequences shown in them spoil more than they help you

The story is built up like a murder mystery horror movie like Saw or Scream, but about in the middle of the game, it changes to some weird cannibal cursed super gollums, which is not only far fetched but overthrows the whole direction the story went. It takes you right out of the somewhat realistic story and replaces it with super natural mumbo jumbo which, OF COURSE, went completely unnoticed by the public and the ONE GUY that knows about what's going on, just stays there atop of the mountain even though a PERFECTLY FINE cable car could have gotten him to savety the day he found out about the curse. It's completely stupid and the characters unlikable except MAYBE hayden penetieres character sam which had marginally better writing than the rest of the cast for obvious reasons (celeb bonus)

And whatever you do, the only thing that's changing is how many characters you can save. The story is written so that you can finish it with all characters alive or all characters dead, but still has the exact same outcome. There isn't even a sequence that shows what the characters do afterwards. It just ends and offers a resumé of the surviving characters about what happened. Credits roll, thanks for your 70 bucks.

After Beyond two souls, Life is strange and Heavy Rain, this is the fourth game which has broken the promise of freedom of choice, but none of them failed so hard as Until Dawn and I am baffled about the praise this game has gotten. I think this game was the last one i bought that promises freedom of choice unless it really delivers.

What's your opinion about games like these?