Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He should be kept around only for advise and input. Maybe even for some "fact" checking to make sure they are consistent with trilogy canon.

But please do not put him in the director's seat.

Glad to see VICE making MMO-Champion threads now.

We need to start a petition to keep JJ Abrahams and anyone who is likeminded to Abrahams from doing anymore star wars movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucas fucked up the prequels.
    Abrams brought Star Wars back to glory.

Sorry Georgy, but Star Wars is in better hands now.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    If he wanted to do more star wars he would have instead of selling it off.

He also did a wonderful job on 1-3
    I'm not very good at this, but.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta give George credit where credit is due. He is a conceptual genius, even today. But he really shouldn't be the only person behind the helm of a Star Wars movie, as the prequels really prove w/out a doubt that he doesn't know how to write dialog and he has this weird desire to infatilize his movies.

I do think that if he was given another movie to direct it would look and feel much more like a star wars movie compared to episode 7, since episode 7 only really feels like a star wars movie because it wholesale barrows its plot points from 3 previous movies and doesn't create or introduce anything new or interesting.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    No, Disney has already proven they can do better with his IP.
    They haven't considering the last movie is an exact copy of a previous movie with a cast that isn't better (or worse). I'm neutral, I enjoyed all of the films but people who say the last movie was the best can go fuck themselves as it brought nothing new to the scene, not even in special effects and showed again that the main villain is a fucking retard who might as well give a button to destroy is doomsday machines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    If he wanted to do more star wars he would have instead of selling it off.

He also did a wonderful job on 1-3
    Also this, the only bad job on the prequels is some of the writing and the cast of Anakin. People would have loved the prequels if Jar Jar wouldn't be in it and if Anakin was written better (like in the cartoon).

I hope to never see a Lucas film again in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    After seeing the last movie. I say no thanks. The franchise is in good hands now. No need to dwell in the past.
    By "rebooting" A New Hope and changing the genders of a couple characters, while making women gatekeepers of wisdom and strength and men clumsy and whiny?
    Yeah, bloody masterpiece!

I changed the title of this thread. Please don't make titles that are not true (or not yet true) just to get people to click on them.

Lucas is trash. No way does any sane person want him any where near the new Star Wars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. Even if your ignore the prequels, how do you think he's going to act the first time he makes a decision that is rejected by Disney? I can imagine him doing as much damage as possible to "ruin" what he can, and then place the blame upon Disney.

No. Just simply no. He's a terrible director and screenwriter. Every single movie he's been partaking has been better when he's been on the backround as an idea man, not on the chair to do the actual thing.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The hate towards the Star Wars prequels is so overblown, I think I'd rather rewatch them over The Force Awakens. I'm not signing the petition though, I want to see Disney doing better with the next movies which atleast has had some build-up now.

He sold the rights he has no reason to think he can direct/control how content is released.

Plus from what I've heard and the general lack of quality with his company Lucas art studio hes a nightmare to work with and has as many horrible ideas as good ideas.

the new star wars was great until you saw the lightsaber fight scenes. I thought I could even be good enough to fight with them if i had a lightsaber. Watch these scenes then watch qui gon and obi wan vs darth maul.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

/crazed laughter
    fuck no. he can sit on his money pile and be bitter forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck NO!

Keep Lucas the hell away from Star Wars!

As a writer, he's OK at best. As a director he's mediocre at best. Where he's a genius at is the business end. He's a GREAT businessman and should stick to that.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-11 at 09:09 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

FUUUUUUCK no... don't let him near it. Let the first time he sees it be in a theater after buying a ticket.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck NO!

Keep Lucas the hell away from Stat Wars!
    LOL. I didn't even see your post before I did. nice...

just for writing jar jar in he should never again toutch that franchise
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit