Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Here is Lucas' directorial filmology, I will embolden all movies that were good, well at least imo

2005 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    2002 Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    2000 Short Chaos 10 (Video short) (short "Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB")
    1999 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    1977 Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
    1973 American Graffiti
    1971 THX 1138
    1971 Bald: The Making of 'THX 1138' (Documentary short) (uncredited)
    1969 The Making of 'The Rain People' (Documentary)
    1968 Filmmaker (Documentary short)
    1967 6-18-67 (Short documentary)
    1967 Anyone Lived in a Pretty How Town (Short)
    1967 The Emperor (Documentary short)
    1967 Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB (Short)
    1966 1:42.08 (Documentary short)
    1966 Freiheit (Short) (as Lucas)
    1966 Herbie (Short)
    1965 Look at Life (Short)

1971 THX 1138
    Was a rather good movie as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Was going through the news feeds this morning and found an interesting story which lead me to this petition.

What are your thoughts on this? are you for it or against this petition?

(just noticed this thread appears twice in this category... no idea why it was created twice)
    my thoughts?

Let me summarise:

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Here is Lucas' directorial filmology, I will embolden all movies that were good, well at least imo

2005 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    2002 Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    2000 Short Chaos 10 (Video short) (short "Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB")
    1999 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    1977 Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
    1973 American Graffiti
    1971 THX 1138
    1971 Bald: The Making of 'THX 1138' (Documentary short) (uncredited)
    1969 The Making of 'The Rain People' (Documentary)
    1968 Filmmaker (Documentary short)
    1967 6-18-67 (Short documentary)
    1967 Anyone Lived in a Pretty How Town (Short)
    1967 The Emperor (Documentary short)
    1967 Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB (Short)
    1966 1:42.08 (Documentary short)
    1966 Freiheit (Short) (as Lucas)
    1966 Herbie (Short)
    1965 Look at Life (Short)
    slightly off topic, but... was the original trilogy known as episode 4, 5, and 6 even back when they were first made?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    slightly off topic, but... was the original trilogy known as episode 4, 5, and 6 even back when they were first made?
    I think they were changed to episode 4,5,6 in the VHS release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Absolutely against. Have you actually seen Episodes 1 thru 3? Those are some really bad movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKt...HhY_ZFZ2ujxAEo
    Have to disagree, they weren’t the best films but they def do not meet my definition of a "bad" movie. That said, I don’t think Lucas should direct another SW. I’m against the petition and really have no idea why a fan would do this without even asking anyone. Pretty sure Lucas sold it to so he wouldn’t have to deal with the fans who hate the prequels or for w/e reason...which seems to be alot and increasing. Even more due to his changes in Episode 6 (ghosts part and some other tweeks) and the 3D re-release of TPM. Lucas made mistakes but unfortunately no one can change the past. I could agree to Lucas giving an input on the story progression as he is the creator of the original plot/story..maybe let him write the rough sketch and that’s it. But he won’t do it I’d imagine as Disney has already made a story plot of their own and he sold it.

I enjoyed episodes 1-3 but they are not my favorites nor my most hated movies. People look too far. I find C-3PO to be just as annoying as JarJar..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Lol godforbid some backround information in the movie, how dare they have TALKING. Sorry but star wars isnt a pure fucking action franchise. Go elsewhere if thats your gripe.
    The truth is, I don't think people mind talking, or politics, or governmental intrigue. Hell, the West Wing was once the most popular hour of television in this country.

The issue is, it was done poorly in Episode I. The intrigue made no sense, the political actors behaved against character, and it was poorly written and shot, with constant back-and-forth static shots. You didn't see any walking-through-the-White-House tracking shots in this movie. You saw one angle of one character, switch to the one angle of the other character when they started talking, and then switch back to the same angle again. And most of these conversations didn't even involve movement, which made them less dynamic. George Lucas is simply not a good writer, or director.

Contrast that with episode 7, where there's a few tracking shots (Finn and Poe on the rebel base), a few low angle walking scenes (Kylo Ren on Starkiller looking for Rey which emphasizes his menace), etc, etc. It was a well shot, well directed movie. And written extremely well.

These there are observable. It is known.

Wouldn't sign a petition to let Lucas direct my daughters' middle school play let alone EP 9.

Enjoy retirement George, thanks for 4-6 even though your terrible ideas had to be restrained and refocused even then.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't want a return to two and a half hours of pure CGI with no plot or acting.

pfffft no.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.