Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Xhul'horac - BH soak.

Hello,
    Yesterday evening we started to progress Mythic Xhul'horac and we encountered a problem with soaking the Black Hole. We do not have any rogue in our composition, so with BH we need to deal somehow different.

There are our logs from Yesterday:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J79r8yzt3K61RqDV#

Our composition:
    3x DKS
    2x Warlocks
    3x Pally (1x Holy, 1x Prot, 1x Retri)
    2x Warriors (1x Prot, 1x DPS)
    2x Shammy (1x Enh, 1x Resto)
    4x Mages
    2x Hunters
    2x Druid (1x Resto, 1x Boomy)

Which of these classes can soak BH? Our mages tried to soak them, but apparently Eva and GI were not working. From what I read well suite to soak are Warclocks and DKS, who else could it do? To be sure, I would ask also to take into account what CDs each of those classes allows them to solo soak BH and Empowered BH.

Another thing that at the beginning made us light the problem was to soak the void surge by shammans totem, sometimes it does not work, is it a problem with a range of a totem? If so, what is the significance range of the totem and whether totem must be in range of targeted player or boss?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Last edited by mmoce516c52e65; 2016-01-19 at 10:36 AM.

Warlocks can Sac Pact/DB
    DKs can use Purgatory
    You can have a group of 3 of the Mages soak.

Rogues are probably the easiest, but you have more than enough players to soak the BHs.

Personally, I'd go: Mages BH-1, Warlock1 BH-2, Warlock2 BH-3, Mages BH-4, then have your DK's soak the rest. If you end up with more than 6, pucker your asshole because you're just sacrificing people at that point.

edit: Addressing your concerns about Void Surge: We always had the Mages standing further out for a multitude of reasons, the least being they can GI the Void Surge off should the Shaman fail to Grounding Totem it. This is also very beneficial for the chains since Mages are the only class which can completely negate the mechanic with Evanesce. On top of this, it also means the BHs should almost always spawn near them, making it pretty easy for 3 of them to soak. (Just do a verbal '3, 2, 1...' and get dragged in.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-01-19 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can have a group of 3 of the Mages soak.
    And with od Mages Cds allow them to soak BH? When trying yesterday our mages said in the end that even with GI/Eva they died when trying to solo soak BH;/

You don't use any cooldowns. You literally just have three Mages get sucked into the BH at the same time. (It doesn't erupt until a player reaches the very center.) Do a verbal countdown on voice comm and make sure the person doing the CD actually has vision of the Mages.

edit: I see you misundersood. A single Mage cannot solo soak. But a group of 3 of them can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Haven't tried it myself, but a single mage using cauterize should work potentially, but granted they don't get to take ginvis anymore.
    Having them out to bait the stray Void Surges would completely negate the point of this. I suppose since he has 4 he can try using a single Mage with Caut, but if that Mage ever gets VS, he's pretty much fucked.

Also, pretty sure the amount of damage you take is over what Caut can save you from. Since the Mages are already, it's probably infinitely easier/less risky to just use a group of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably DKs and Locks are your best bet based on the comp and what you want to have others doing (Mages chains, maybe hunters baiting Voidfiends, etc).

For Locks it seems the best option is to use Shadow Bulwark (2min CD) and Sac Pact (1min CD) together to survive so space your soaking group out accordingly based on that.

Whoops I already deleted my post because I didn't want them to try it but you caught me before that lol. Cauterize is capped at 2x max health last time I checked, so I think it's 900k, should be good, but yeah up to them really. Ginvis is definitely clutch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Probably DKs and Locks are your best bet based on the comp and what you want to have others doing (Mages chains, maybe hunters baiting Voidfiends, etc).

For Locks it seems the best option is to use Shadow Bulwark (2min CD) and Sac Pact (1min CD) together to survive so space your soaking group out accordingly based on that.
    100% agree use the DKs and locks we use a lock a pair of rogues and a DK as a back up
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might be able to pull off a rallying + single mage soak for a black hole. As long as the mage is in decent gear they can do it (I think with cauterize or alter time?). If you do it early enough rallying will be back up when you need it.

Having them out to bait the stray Void Surges would completely negate the point of this. I suppose since he has 4 he can try using a single Mage with Caut, but if that Mage ever gets VS, he's pretty much fucked.

Also, pretty sure the amount of damage you take is over what Caut can save you from. Since the Mages are already, it's probably infinitely easier/less risky to just use a group of players.
    I'm trying to figure out how someone getting void surges "fucks" them. It's entirely possible to do the fight the "correct" way and make people learn how to do void surges if one gets through. During early pulls a VS for my group would've been a wipe but by now our ranged baiters know how to drop it properly so it's not an issue.

Unless I'm missing part of Cauterizes effects?
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

I'm trying to figure out how someone getting void surges "fucks" them. It's entirely possible to do the fight the "correct" way and make people learn how to do void surges if one gets through.
    That's why I hate this fight. "GUISE, CHENGE TELENTS FOH DAT BOSS AND ITZ DON". Why Blizz just didn't make extra button for everyone called "Negate Mechanic". Currently, the only bosses I like to do are Gorefiend and Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Vark View Post
    That's why I hate this fight. "GUISE, CHENGE TELENTS FOH DAT BOSS AND ITZ DON". Why Blizz just didn't make extra button for everyone called "Negate Mechanic". Currently, the only bosses I like to do are Gorefiend and Reaver.
    Yeah when my current guild got to mythic Iskar I was highly disappointed to find out you can just skip the chains mechanic. Took out the only fun part of the encounter and now if we get chains we have to wipe it because nobody knows what to do with them.
    My YouTube kill vids!

You don't use any cooldowns. You literally just have three Mages get sucked into the BH at the same time. (It doesn't erupt until a player reaches the very center.) Do a verbal countdown on voice comm and make sure the person doing the CD actually has vision of the Mages.

edit: I see you misundersood. A single Mage cannot solo soak. But a group of 3 of them can.
    Do not use the group of 3 mages to soak. If they have the void debuff after soaking they will not be able to be targeted by chains. This will then mess up the amount of people with the out group to get targeted by chains and cause it to go on someone in melee or elsewhere.

Simple enough, just go DK (purgatory)/DK/Lock (dark bargain)/Lock. You only need a rotation of 3 but if whoever is coming up next in the rotation has Fel Debuff you need to skip to the next person because they will explode if they soak so move to the next person.

A lot of people just ran 3 tanks, and had one tank whose only job was soaking BH... They then clear the green fire afterwards and carry on.

I think DKs with the AMS glyph can soak without procing Purgatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immunities/reductions don't work, which is why Evanesce/GI don't do anything. Cauterize should work though - but Traxion is correct, the reason you don't generally want mages to do it is so they can Evanesce the empowered chains cast. And if you take Cauterize to soak an earlier black hole that means that you don't have GI to drop threat if you get targeted by Fel Chains before Evanesce is back up from the last cast.

DK/Lock are just fine for it and after ilvl upgrades you won't have any dps issues in the last phase even if you take a 3rd tank to soak them anyway.

Deleted
    The main problem is that chains is a fel ability and it can not be casted on voidtouched people. If you send the chains group into holes, they can not get chains. I do not know if you did the math and you found it always drops before it's needed but it sounds problematic in general.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The main problem is that chains is a fel ability and it can not be casted on voidtouched people. If you send the chains group into holes, they can not get chains. I do not know if you did the math and you found it always drops before it's needed but it sounds problematic in general.
    Chains isn't really that big of a deal these days. Just pop a Devo or Barrier the people with chains. I remember several attempts where we had wrong people get chained and they survived a break by popping personal CDs. It's really inconvenient and has more potential for deaths, but if you're really in a bind have people with strong personals stand out and break the chains.
    My YouTube kill vids!

If you have a DK that can blood, he can do every single regular blackhole by himself.

Empowered we did: DK Tank > Lock > Lock > DK DPS > DK DPS > DK Tank

Here are our logs from our Alt Raid last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rH#view=replay

- You should put heavy emphasis on bait group positioning and melee/ranged clumps when voidfiends spawn. Have someone to kite the melee voids and the bait group voids.
    Last edited by Arrow91; 2016-01-19 at 07:30 PM.

13/13M / 10hr / US 55 / NOW RECRUITING!

Deleted
    I usually come on my alt blood DK for this fight, and soak every regular black hole alone + 1 of the empowered ones. Easy peasy