Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really watch much LCS like I said but do you honestly think there are any top laners that can compare to Ssumday, Smeb, Duke, Trace, Flame, or Shy? And even the second tier tops like Hipo, Cuvee, and Ikssu are pretty damn good.

Yes, Soaz has already proven at least 3 times he can take any Korean top-laner.

Darshan will probably beat any of them in a split-push game. If CLG had a real mid and ADC they'd probably be the best western team simply because Aphromoo and their shot calls are so damn good.

Duke really hasn't been the strong-link on his team this season, Blank and Bang have done most of the work, especially late game Bang has been a real monster. Ssumday has done great and really is the carry on his team, Trace I don't really recall seeing anything special out of.

Let's compare Soaz's last couple international outings

Worlds 2015

OG v KT (1-1)
    Ssumday - Soaz
    309 (5/0/1) - 278 (3/4/4)
    330 (12/3/6) - 288 (0/9/3)

OG v SKT (0-3)
    Marin - Soaz
    396 (7/2/1) - 249 (3/4/5)
    387 (5/2/2) - 283 (1/4/1)
    207 (5/1/4) - 185 (0/6/2)

Iem Katowice 2016 (against korean Looper)
    RNG v OG
    Looper - Soaz
    216 (2/1/5) - 187 (0/6/2)

Looks like he got shit on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I don't really watch much LCS like I said but do you honestly think there are any top laners that can compare to Ssumday, Smeb, Duke, Trace, Flame, or Shy? And even the second tier tops like Hipo, Cuvee, and Ikssu are pretty damn good.
    A few. Cabochard or Odoamne should hold up pretty well. Huni obviously is another option. That said, the majority of the western top laners aren't too remarkable. Duke hasn't been particularly on point in SKT either. Flame has been on and off, and as a result rotated out of the starting line up a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes, Soaz has already proven at least 3 times he can take any Korean top-laner.

Darshan will probably beat any of them in a split-push game. If CLG had a real mid and ADC they'd probably be the best western team simply because Aphromoo and their shot calls are so damn good.

Duke really hasn't been the strong-link on his team this season, Blank and Bang have done most of the work, especially late game Bang has been a real monster. Ssumday has done great and really is the carry on his team, Trace I don't really recall seeing anything special out of.
    Darshan really is not good. He looks good because apparently none of the teams in the USA know how to deal with a split pusher. CLG is extremely one dimensional and they have no clue how to play if they can't run the 4-1 or 1-3-1 split. His decision making when it comes to team presence or, essentially, anything other than split pushing while ahead is abysmal.

7+ Year Old Account
    both na and eu region are becoming stronger with all this korean talent. Its safe to say they are possibly stronger then almost every region expect KR. with time im sure this statement will become more true.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheIV View Post
    both na and eu region are becoming stronger with all this korean talent. Its safe to say they are possibly stronger then almost every region expect KR. with time im sure this statement will become more true.
    I guess, LPL has struggled since MSI last year, AHQ thought generally shows up and now there is another team doing good in that region. NA and EU might be the 2nd and 3rd best regions, but it really doesnt matter. Since LCK has just been so dominant for so long. Like LCK's 6th best team is probabally better then whoever wins NA/EU splits. I mean NA/EU outside of mostly just G2 have had huge weaknesses all split.

As for the playoffs so far, was intially surprised by OG/FNC advancing through the first round and espicially OG beating H2k, since I just felt they werent really that strong teams. NA is a joke, TSM making it to the finals should never happen, IMT not making it is either indicative of the team's overconifdence or the fact that they know spring doesnt matter and they just didnt try too hard. Either way, NA definitely looks pretty sad ATM.

Definitely looking forward to the real split, and with Bo3 format being the new normal we we will finally get some interesting weeks/games.

IMT were absolute shit really, not playing tanks in a tank meta is dumb. I mean other teams are playing tanks mid-lane because they're so strong an IMT are running Lucian top with a Karma support. Adrian and Huni need to sit down and watch some VoDs.

I'll give it to TSM though, they came with a proper game-plan and they made it work. Hauntzer and Svenskeran fucking showed up and Bjerg as expected was far too good for Pobelter.

IMT were absolute shit really, not playing tanks in a tank meta is dumb. I mean other teams are playing tanks mid-lane because they're so strong an IMT are running Lucian top with a Karma support. Adrian and Huni need to sit down and watch some VoDs.

I'll give it to TSM though, they came with a proper game-plan and they made it work. Hauntzer and Svenskeran fucking showed up and Bjerg as expected was far too good for Pobelter.
    I mean the 3 marksman actually wouldve worked if they didnt do that stupid fight top that took them from 7-0 to like 7-4 or whatever. They could have easily kept slowly pushing all lanes, takign drags, etc. Then when TSM rotates incorreclty (Which they were doing a lot of) they can quickly push and take big chunks off of towers if not take it outright. I agree it was dumb, but it did work. IMT just decided they could beat a full armor maokai for some reason and forced the issue. Then the second game they again tried to push something (Urgot mid) when it wasnt neccesary. I think Pob did fine, Huni being bad the last 2 games really screwed him over. If you look at TSM's actual gameplay it leaves a lot to be desired, honestly don't see either TSM or CLG doing so hot at MSI.

It was pretty awesome to see Sven owning the jungle. I was really nervous about game 3 with Reignover on Reksai because supposedly that was his best champion and also a counter to Lee. But Sven's Lee play was amazing, his kick on Wildturtle was nasty.

The 3-0 stomp was equal parts TSM playing really well/team fighting perfectly and IMT shitting the bed with their p/b. huni just can't play tanks.

So in a totally unexpected turn of events, SKT1 win the final 3-1. Not bad for the "4th best team in Korea" really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad it wasn't a one sided stomp either way. Both teams played really well and it could just have easily gone the other way in the last two games - particularly the last one.

They were quite decent games, the last one I felt SKT1 were always in control of, but it was still quite close.

Also does this mean G2 were the only team to finish the split top and then take the win in finals?

Deleted
    Bad news for TSM fans. Yellowstar decided to leave TSM for the remainder of the season and go back to EU. He is likely to join Fnatic again as a support spot has just been opened. Klaj has been demoted to the Fnatic Academy team and will play there for the rest of the season.

Two obvious questions come to mind. Who will be TSM's next support? And if Yellowstar does end up on Fnatic again, how will that change things for Fnatic in the summer split?

No doubt good news for Fnatic, he can actually shot call their and he already knows how to play with Rekkles. TSM kinda messed up really, in not letting him shotcall properly. I do wonder who they will go for now though.

No doubt good news for Fnatic, he can actually shot call their and he already knows how to play with Rekkles. TSM kinda messed up really, in not letting him shotcall properly. I do wonder who they will go for now though.
    It wasn't a shotcalling issue with TSM, Yellowstar just had 0 synergy with Doublelift, they had completely different playstyles.

So, 3 weeks into the summer split and here are the standings:
    EU

NA

I haven't really been watching EU with the increased number of games, but I can weigh in on NA. TSM look very strong right now, they are constantly putting pressure on the map and trading objectives intelligently where they need to. Their individual players are putting up performances too that make each of them look arguably like the best in their position in the LCS. Hauntzer is an absolute monster, Bjerg is the western Faker who you just can't ban out, Doublelift has had phenomenal games on Lucian stepping up when he needs to, Biofrost is performing so well and making huge plays for TSM, and with all the pressure his laners have, Sven has been able to completely own the opposing jungle on Rek Sai. It is a good time to be a TSM fan.

IMT look shakier than last split as their weaknesses are exposed. Huni still refuses to play tanks, or anything but Irelia at all. Their shot-calling too can be questionable at times, but they still can outmuscle most of their opponents.

NV are the team I had the most doubts about, even after their 4-0 start to the split, I wrote them off as having the easiest early schedule. They showed they are serious contenders though against IMT and were a few shots on the nexus away from having their streak at 6-0 alongside TSM. Also, Seraph is just a monster.

C9 are so inconsistent, switching out supports often possibly costing them matches. Bunnyfufu, while originally hailed as the next great NA support, has had poor showings against the top teams while not on Thresh, where their other support, Smoothie has shined. I do not know how long C9 will continue to sub them in and out, but imo they should just stick with Smoothie. Impact has been under-performing though, a long fall from his S3 champ status.

TL this split could break the 4th place curse, but not in a good way. Fenix is inconsistent, Dardoch goes too hard, Lourlo is barely a LCS-caliber player. Their 1 strength is their botlane though, as Piglet is dominant for an ADC and Matt continues to excel on playmaking champs, with arguably the best bard in NA.

Apex is a team that did well initially as they faced the other bottom teams first, but their recent failings against the top of the table exposed them for the mid-tier team they are. their top-laner Ray, a stand out performer in their first few matches, has gotten man-handled by the better toplaners in the LCS. In general their macro play and laning are the epitome of average.

CLG are tilted since MSI. Memes aside though, they can't blame their losses on "new meta" anymore, it's been 3 weeks. Huhi has become a joke of a mid-laner. Darshan can't splitpush well anymore and flobs his TPs, Xmithie's mechanics have taken a nose dive, Stixxay is mediocre, and even their golden boy Aphromoo has been really dropping the ball in both shotcalling and individual play. I do believe they can pick things up though, they are the defending champs for a reason.

Echo Fox were quite hyped after their strong performance in the later half of the Spring Split when they finally played with their full roster. So far though, they have proved that hype was unfounded as they consistently lose lanes and make very poor macro calls. Rick Fox may be a champ, but it looks like his team won't come up with a similar title.

NRG, the suicide squad of the LCS. Quas let go from TL, Santorin let go from TSM, GBM come over from Korea, and Kiwikid picked up from the scraps on Dignitas. They are just mechanically some of the weakest players in the LCS at the moment that seem to have learned nothing from their previous stints in competitive play on other teams.

P1 are a joke of an LCS team. Put together 3 weeks before the start of the LCS, they have it all. Weak players, horrible macro decision-making, and relatively poor infrastructure. They look to be the Coast of this split and fortunately will be relegated when it is all over.

What are your guys' thoughts on the LCS so far? How does the EULCS look?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the broadcast programme is killing it for me. It's impossible to catch most of the games and even the ones you want to see are put at impossible times.

As to NA, pleasantly surprised by NV. I really would like Apex to do well, because I think Saint's an insanely good coach. On the whole though, I haven't seen a lot of impressive teams in NA. TSM looks closest, but it's hard to tell how strong they are when the rest of the line up is just doing so poorly.

EULCS ... Roccat deserves some love for their PR dude being amazing. Other than that, it's a whole bunch of teams being decidedly unimpressive. I have the faint hope H2K will get their act together. It's time for Freeze to finally be able to show what he can do on a bigger stage.

Xpecial tilted off the planet in game 3 of APEX vs C9. It was hilarious and painful to watch him die over and over again and make his team fight 4v5. Feeding as a support is still feeding.

From watching games even across all the regions it does get old seeing the same 4-5 champions picked in every single role 90% of the time.

Jungle? Gragas, Reksai, Elise, Hecarim, Nidalee
    ADC? Ashe, Jihn, Sivir, Kogmaw
    Top? Ekko, Gangplank, Irelia, Gnar (OMFG Gnar is literally in 99% of these)

Mid and Support have a bit more variety but still not much. Im at a point I dont even want to watch if its the same compositions every time.