Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Legion Alpha] Fist of Ra Den intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VcErZWeZw

It totally feels awkward to me. This combat arena things will fit best with WW monk than Ele Shaman. I wonder if WW intro and Ele shaman should've been swapped. Idk, just have Ji for Horde, and that female panda for Alliance (I forgot her name) to replace Rehgar for the monk one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it makes sense seeing where the weapon came from but I agree it does seem a bit awkward.

Haven't seen any others. But I really hope they're not like this. This arena style - kill this guy, then this guy, then this guy.. just seems pointless. Maybe lore heads will actually know the people and the reasons behind killing them, but to me it seems like time filler. That lightning bolt animation though! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Haven't seen any others. But I really hope they're not like this. This arena style - kill this guy, then this guy, then this guy.. just seems pointless. Maybe lore heads will actually know the people and the reasons behind killing them, but to me it seems like time filler. That lightning bolt animation though! Love it.
    If you read the text showed in the video it clearly explain that its a trial to seem who Xuen will consider worthy of the weapon, also you don't kill them just defeat.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    If you read the text showed in the video it clearly explain that its a trial to seem who Xuen will consider worthy of the weapon, also you don't kill them just defeat.
    Which is fit more to WW imo. To be acknowledged by Xuen, a deity that have real close connection with the class. Through the combat trial, and get a legendary artifacts fist by being the champion. Tell me it's not scream WW monk as loud.

But they give it to ele shaman instead. What the hell ele shaman have things to do with Xuen on the first place?! I really couldn't care less about the Artifact lore tbh. I mean, they just made up Ra Den fist for Legion anyway. It's not like Doomhammer or Ashbringer that settled it lore now and then. They can always change Ra Den fist to Al'akir fist to fit with the theme (If they ever swapped ele with WW intro). It's really about the feel of the quest that doesn't fit well with ele, not the artifact.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Which is fit more to WW imo. To be acknowledged by Xuen, a deity that have real close connection with the class. Through the combat trial, and get a legendary artifacts fist by being the champion. Tell me it's not scream WW monk as loud.

But they give it to ele shaman instead. What the hell ele shaman have things to do with Xuen on the first place?! I really couldn't care less about the Artifact lore tbh. I mean, they just made up Ra Den fist for Legion anyway. It's not like Doomhammer or Ashbringer that settled it lore now and then. They can always change Ra Den fist to Al'akir fist to fit with the theme (If they ever swapped ele with WW intro). It's really about the feel of the quest that doesn't fit well with ele, not the artifact.
    Xuen has nothing to do with the weapon per se, he's simply just the guardian of it. It's given to elemental shamans, because they, as a class, control the elements, specifically Air/Thunder, just like Ra-Den did/does.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Xuen has nothing to do with the weapon per se, he's simply just the guardian of it. It's given to elemental shamans, because they, as a class, control the elements, specifically Air/Thunder, just like Ra-Den did/does.
    I know. And once again, to me it's more about the feel of the quest that seems off, not the artifact itself or the lore behind it.

Deleted
    You know what would have been awesome, going back to tot, talking with ra'den and forcing him to help retrieve it and then there could have been titan lore in the process, such a fucking waste.
    Last edited by mmocde8b223c5c; 2016-01-15 at 06:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude you play a shaman, this was expected was it not....half assed job as per the fucking norm, i Agree that us going to the vortex pinnacle would have made sense or even the firelands for feck sake, but really they have just said meh its ELE fk it just give them crap they are like 2 percent of the playerbase there outcries dont mean jack.

You guys have to admit though, the Heroes of the Storm references are pretty funny. Take Lili out first!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You guys have to admit though, the Heroes of the Storm references are pretty funny. Take Lili out first!
    Yea, which is emphasizing more that this spec (ele) is also a joke. LOL!

What a joke, proving grounds 2.0 as a legendary quest chain.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lost interest when it was revealed to be an item from Ra-den, he of several lines of lore. Ugh. They could have had Drek'thar shit out a weapon and it would be a better option.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

What i like is that Lili and Chen use their HOS moves in the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I lost interest when it was revealed to be an item from Ra-den, he of several lines of lore. Ugh. They could have had Drek'thar shit out a weapon and it would be a better option.
    My idea of Drek'thars wheelchair for Lightning Bolt on the move was rejected by Blizzard for some reason.

But to be serious, Ra-den is kind of a big deal if he's Aman'thuls greatest servant on Azeroth and the creator of the Elemental planes, the lore behind weapon itself is pretty awesome.

I take that over something like the Dps Warrior artifacts or Combat rogue.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The stupid HOTS reference was bad and whoever wrote it should feel bad. I expected us to go into TOT with Lorewalker Cho and learn more about the Mogu, titans, the elements, and Pandaren, not some stupid reference to blizzard's own game.

Also, am I the only person that wishes that the elemental artifact had an offhand item that looked identical to the fist?
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-01-15 at 10:27 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Yea, which is emphasizing more that this spec (ele) is also a joke. LOL!
    It's odd that he helps the Elemental shaman, when he's Resto in HoTS and fights as if he's Enh in WoW.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    You know what would have been awesome, going back to tot, talking with ra'den and forcing him to help retrieve it and then there could have been titan lore in the process, such a fucking waste.
    I was 100% sure our quest was going to do something like this considering the weapon name reference and the artifact talent that actually summons him when you cast your ele. Talk about a swing and a miss.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It did feel off

If they swapped we monk and eke shaman it would be perfect. Monks go see Xuen in the white tiger temple and Elemental shamans go to Skywall, the domain of air.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    The stupid HOTS reference was bad and whoever wrote it should feel bad. I expected us to go into TOT with Lorewalker Cho and learn more about the Mogu, titans, the elements, and Pandaren, not some stupid reference to blizzard's own game.

Also, am I the only person that wishes that the elemental artifact had an offhand item that looked identical to the fist?
    ^this pretty much. It'll make more sense and it would feel right.