Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    >boosting mop cm-s
    >effort
    (literally everyone with an iq of >50 was capable of selling a mop cm carries which is why their price dropped to complete bottom)

I rest my case here, you proved the point that you fall into the same category of people you despise and think don't deserve their gold.
    CMs were always about stacking correct classes / specs and getting "BIS CM gear" (ESPECIALLY in MOP) rather than knowing how to play your class well. Which I think is Blizzard's fault and invalidates any value or prestige they want to attach to CMs. I hope they fix this shit in legion CM system.

But yeah, I don't know how selling boosts makes anyone more "noble" than playing AH or farming gold. Gold is gold. As long as you don't bot, exploit or scam there isn't "noble" or "evil" way to make gold. You can click garrison all day, farm your favourite gold spot all day, flip AH with TSM or sell boosts, it's same thing in the end.

Boosters getting richer is a derivative of average joe getting richer so they can up the prices for boosts and still have plenty of customers.

Deleted
    25k/Piece max

I have the gold but I am way too cheap to spend any more on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    CMs were always about stacking correct classes / specs and getting "BIS CM gear" (ESPECIALLY in MOP) rather than knowing how to play your class well. Which I think is Blizzard's fault and invalidates any value or prestige they want to attach to CMs. I hope they fix this shit in legion CM system.
    Oh I know that, I was fortunate enough to main one of the fotm classes and boost aswell, which was stupidly easy gold. But there were people (blood DK-s namely), soloing gold CM's in MoP and double-triple carries were more common than solo-carries. My point with that guy was precisely that he's not more "worthy" than people who boost Archi HC/click and collect now - in my opinion, anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I got the redemption gauntlets for 30k back when the BMAH first came out (Very few people knew it existed or they were too busy to remember). And I think I got the rogue T3 helm for about 60k a few days later.

These days though everything gets instantly gold capped, and I'm not willing to spend gold cap for one piece of armour. A full set perhaps, but not a single piece.

People sure pay a lot to feel special lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Well with modern armor being so ugly I can't blame people.

There was some shift in design approach mid cata... since then most sets look like crap. Always the muted colors, huge stitches "primitive" look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    What else is there to spend the masses of fake money we all have on?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There was some shift in design approach mid cata... since then most sets look like crap. Always the muted colors, huge stitches "primitive" look.
    There are few that look nice. For example HFC Priest and Monk set I think fit the class fantasy and look nice.

And not every cata set is bad either, BOT/BWD Druid set, Firelands Paladin set, Dragon Soul Warrior set are popular transmogs, BOT/BWD DK set is somewhat popular as well.

And there were horrible pre-Cata sets too, ICC Druid set for example.

Anyway people don't pay for T3 for "good looks" but rather for "look how much gold I have and envy me".

I think Bodom did a comparison of him in T3 + spectral tiger and him in HFC DK set + mystic runesaber. The old set and mount look... old, low res textures, less polygons and generally not very polished design. But it's just a symbol of being rich. It's like people buying those avant-garde paintings that look horrible but cost millions. It's just to show "hey guys I have millions to throw away and not care!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    Im mostly refering to someone that hasn't set a foot in Mythic HFC, hasn't done anything noteable in PvP either, is member of some casual guild you have never heard of before and has about 13k achievement points.
    These days even this kind of ppl can easily obtain a goldcap or at least a few 100k which is enough to bid on a tier 3 item and raise the price for you. On my realm, there are a lot of these guys.
    "These guys" have the exact same right to get any item as you do, though.

Don't bother, you miss the prices because you remember them from before WOD hyper inflation and garrison gold factories. Nowadays I've heard from various people who camp BMAHs that they keep goldcapped alts on low pop realms to cap whatever they wanted.
    Fair enough. I got my cheap T3 sets in MoP, so even without the connected realms it might be a bit more difficult now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftx View Post
    This is what i waste on my Warrior T3, still need the Head and boots.

Sholder: 550k
    Chest: 253k
    Legs: 363k
    Belt: 0 gold, there is a Look a like from Sethrekk Halls, last boss.
    Gloves: 18k lol
    Bracer: 10k
    but problaby i'll spend some gold on head and boots, like 300k/each piece.
    Last Update 28/03/2016

Still need the boots
    Last edited by Ftx; 2016-03-28 at 11:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyway people don't pay for T3 for "good looks" but rather for "look how much gold I have and envy me".
    No.. not really. Some people just like to collect stuff, and unless you want to buy boosts there's nothing to spend gold on for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You can't just "snipe" Black Market auctions. Whenever someone places a bit in the last minutes, the duration gets extended - this is hardly new, though.

That said, reading this thread reminds me of why I am considering transferring to the lowest possible populated realm around. I miss my server's prices before it got connected to two other servers.
    Some guy once told me that a GM told him that every single bid has a 50% chance on extending the auction by 5 minutes, i had hardly doubt it back then, but after around 50 won auctions id say he was probably right about that.
    From my epxerience Auctions that hit short often hit completed exactly 30 minutes after, even with 4 bids on it after i started my timer, other times i had it extended by 15 minutes with 3 bids after hitting short and so on, would highly appreciate it if someone knows more about this.

Deleted
    Have 7/8 earthshatter shaman tier3. Used somewhere 60k - 300k piece.

Playing on very low population Eu realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter was 25k for shoulders and 10k each for the rest of the pieces. I consider myself lucky to have gotten the full set on the cheap, but then again everything was bought on a pretty dead server back in MoP.

Bought plagueheart robe for 300k, my most expensive piece yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I've spent over a million on 6/8 Dreadnaught so far and due to change in my work schedule I'll probably just cap the shoulders when they pop and make a good sized bid on belt, I don't have the ability to check the BMAH before the auctions end so I'm not going to risk it on shoulders.

Here's what I've spent so far:
    Dreadnaught Helm-350k
    Dreadnaught Chest-225k
    Dreadnaught Bracers-40k
    Dreadnaught Gloves-10k
    Dreadnaught Pants-350k
    Dreadnaught Boots-160k

Dreamwalker Helm-10k
    Dreamwalker Gloves-10k
    Most Dreadnaught pieces are gold capped on twisting nether eu :|

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Most Dreadnaught pieces are gold capped on twisting nether eu :|
    That sucks, I definitely feel for anyone trying to get them on high pop. I tried for awhile on Mal'ganis US and said fuck it and xferred.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Bonescythe Helmet - 240k

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just spent 375k on priest chest which was my last piece needed. Would have bid much higher if I had to.

0g 0s 0c

I actually prefer the Druid Tier 7 to the Tier 3.