Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    There was some discussion about this a few pages back iirc, I think others noted that the hidden "recently deathstriked" was now missing on legion while others said they were only seeing it in raid zones now. I haven't specifically tested this myself so I don't know more I'm afraid.
    the buff only appears on encounters that need it, and only marrowrend and deathstrike apply it for a duration of 3s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bogate View Post
    the buff only appears on encounters that need it, and only marrowrend and deathstrike apply it for a duration of 3s
    That's...not amazing

I'd rather have a proper tool or have that stuff incorperated into Marrowrend and Death Strike all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s71rl2 View Post
    I feel like a complete jerk for asking as I'm sure it's answered somewhere but I can't find it on here - I was watching some streams and some bosses have an "active mitigation check" on an ability (EG: Dargrul the Underking in Neltharions Lair) - I was thinking about Warrior - Easy I know what to do, Paladin - Same, Druid - pfft got that, Monk - Drink more! but I can't work out what it will be on DK? I'm under the assumption that Death Strike is Re-active so that would be after you fail the active mitigation check? Or is Bone Shield considered active mitigation for these checks?
    Are we the only tank with active mitigation on gcd ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkandae View Post
    Are we the only tank with active mitigation on gcd ?
    Yes, because DK class fantasy is the best fantasy.

Deleted
    Quick general blood question: how good is the Blood Elf racial compared to other horde racials? Does it enable a new opening or anything like that?

Its not a make or break, its only 20RP so roughly half a death strike(give or take with ossuary talent) on a 1.5min CD. The aoe silence can be strong in 5man content and the +1% crit isn't much but crit is our #2 stat for survival. Blood elf is just strong given the sum of its parts and the other horde races just don't offer anything stronger as a whole package, but it won't prevent you completing any content either way.

If you really really need an active mitigation couldn't you just grab runetap for an encounter, and also spectral deflection. Otherwise, you dont need it for most fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldara View Post
    Quick general blood question: how good is the Blood Elf racial compared to other horde racials? Does it enable a new opening or anything like that?
    It's nothing particularly special. The only thing that you can do is use it after three Marrowrend if DRW is on CD when you pull to give yourself enough Runic Power to get two Death Strikes off instead of just one, but that'll never happen (and using DRW + Marrowrend x2 + Heart Strike x2 gives you tons of RP) because you should always use DRW on pull to get Bone Shield stacked to 10 ASAP.

It's not terrible by any means, but I would say that it's not borderline mandatory as it was when Blood used BoS.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    It's nothing particularly special. The only thing that you can do is use it after three Marrowrend if DRW is on CD when you pull to give yourself enough Runic Power to get two Death Strikes off instead of just one, but that'll never happen (and using DRW + Marrowrend x2 + Heart Strike x2 gives you tons of RP) because you should always use DRW on pull to get Bone Shield stacked to 10 ASAP.

It's not terrible by any means, but I would say that it's not borderline mandatory as it was when Blood used BoS.
    It's also pretty good for the opener right now but that's ending in 9 days. Only race that can get a full Bonestorm in ring I think.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    It's also pretty good for the opener right now but that's ending in 9 days. Only race that can get a full Bonestorm in ring I think.
    Not all guilds pop ring 1 seconds into pull, many delay it by a few seconds to get classes with generators their resources since it will lead to a larger ring pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Btw you should not Marrowrend twice in row during DRW, right after and then just before DRW runs out (if tanking).

If not tanking, use only 1 Marrowrend during DRW.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Why doesn't blood DK get talents?
    The only spec in the game without talents, why?
    (yes I know it has talents but they're all so awful with no choices at all which means blood dk's basically don't get an entire game mechanic)
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-08-22 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Why doesn't blood DK get talents?
    The only spec in the game without talents, why?
    (yes I know it has talents but they're all so awful with no choices at all which means blood dk's basically don't get an entire game mechanic)
    Mobility and talent diversity I see are Blood's only two weaknesses.

Overall, I love the gameplay, but I would like some more build variety.

Otherwise, we're all going to have to live with having the mobility of Stephen Hawking in a world of Usain Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Mobility and talent diversity I see are Blood's only two weaknesses.

Overall, I love the gameplay, but I would like some more build variety.

Otherwise, we're all going to have to live with having the mobility of Stephen Hawking in a world of Usain Bolts.
    After looking at the artifact, I'm gonna say that blood DK doesn't get an artifact either, outside of weapon stats.

It's artifact greater keystones(gold) are very weak and underwhelming at first glance.

What Blood DK artifact has is a better big picture than most others. No trait alone feels that big, but most end up complimenting our gameplay nicely, especially when it's fully powered.

If we're talking about shitty artifacts, go check ou brewmaster, pretty much none of the gold traits are better than minor ones.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    What Blood DK artifact has is a better big picture than most others. No trait alone feels that big, but most end up complimenting our gameplay nicely, especially when it's fully powered.

If we're talking about shitty artifacts, go check ou brewmaster, pretty much none of the gold traits are better than minor ones.
    I laughed. All their best paths are ways around their gold traits.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post

Artifact is just a bunch of numerical increases. It barely adds any (sorely needed) gameplay, and Blood's gold traits aren't exactly stellar either.

I for one am happy that Blizzard continues their dedication to realizing DK's class fantasy. With today's BB chickenshit nerf, our lack of mobility is FURTHER made warranted by another 50% nerf to one of our damage abilities.

Nothing makes me feel more like a slow hard hitting juggernaut then being a slow weak hitting Death Knight.

Gratz Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so done lmao
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Waiting patiently for next week when Blizz reads our reactions and discovers its BB doing the damage, so they nerf that and leave sadstrike as is.
    Just like I said, 17th August. Blizzard so predictable.