Time to play DH bois. See you on the other side!

10+ Year Old Account
    What worries me the most is the absolute lack of communication about any of our nerfs. No reasoning, nothing.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Another stealth nerf, knew it was coming but at least have the balls to put it in your patch notes and deal with the fallout. No excuse for this to be "missed"

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Another stealth nerf, knew it was coming but at least have the balls to put it in your patch notes and deal with the fallout. No excuse for this to be "missed"
    It's in the patch notes. MMO-C simply hasn't posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    It's in the patch notes. MMO-C simply hasn't posted it.
    patch notes got updated a bit later, along with the Druid nerfs

Deleted
    to be fair blood boil needed a nerf, it was overpowered, but i don't understand that they nerf it on top of all the other nerfs from last week. The Heart Strike nerf from last week makes no sense, given the huge amount by which they nerfed blood boil

So we received a hefty (expected) nerf to our dps, will be interesting to see whether we're still #1, should not at least fall very far from the top.

Hopefully no more survivability nerfs are coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

remove the HS nerf now blizz since BB is nerfed already

what are the survability stat weights at 110?

im guessing haste > mastery > vers > crit

i will forever hate crit because of this
    many times on the beta i hover around 7 stacks of bone shield waiting for it to drop to 6
    only 3 runes can recharge at a time, so i wait with 2 full runes waiting for bone shield charges to drop to 6
    but no, parry parry and it stays at 7 and my runes are wasted and capped
    if you spent the 2runes on double HS sometimes your bone shield charges forever fall behind the 6stack threshold
    you can overcome that by spending 2runes then sitting on one rune while waiting for the next 3 to recharge so that you can marrowrend thrice total but sitting on that single rune is bad (capping runes is bad)
    without much parry you can comfortably marrowrend and one HS for every trio of runes that comes up
    reducing rune capping
    i need a new rune UI

also crit is unreliable and DRs like hell
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-08-23 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    you can overcome that by spending 2runes then sitting on one rune while waiting for the next 3 to recharge so that you can marrowrend thrice total but sitting on that single rune is bad (capping runes is bad)
    Only 3 runes can reload at the same time, so you can sit on up to 3 runes without losing rune reload time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    remove the HS nerf now blizz since BB is nerfed already

what are the survability stat weights at 110?

im guessing haste > mastery > vers > crit
    The conventional wisdom seems to be haste > crit > mastery > versatility. Mastery and crit used to be a bit closer until our mastery got nerfed several builds back (I think from base 16% to base 12%, with scaling also reduced by 25%).

So weird how marrowrend hits so much harder than blood boil at 110. I thought blizzard said they wanted Blood Boil to be one of our hardest hitting abilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicant View Post
    So weird how marrowrend hits so much harder than blood boil at 110. I thought blizzard said they wanted Blood Boil to be one of our hardest hitting abilities!
    Just give them another week or two and Blizz will nerf MR damage so the new super weak BB will hit hardest again

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Just give them another week or two and Blizz will nerf MR damage so the new super weak BB will hit hardest again
    BB even after the 39% nerf is not super weak. I don't know about your logic, but I'd bet having a 2 rune spending single target ability deal more damage than an AoE tool in a single target situation is a logical (and expected) change.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    BB even after the 39% nerf is not super weak. I don't know about your logic, but I'd bet having a 2 rune spending single target ability deal more damage than an AoE tool in a single target situation is a logical (and expected) change.
    You are attempting to logic Blizz nerfs, DO NOT it will only lead to pain.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I wasn't being entirely serious when I said it, however remember that Blood Boil is on the GCD and generates no RP (although it costs no runes). I do think that DK's need a bit of love on our dps as it's fallen quite a bit in both ST and AOE at 110. I would think reverting the Heart Strike nerf and making the BB nerf not as big such as 25-30% instead would be the correct move.

Deleted
    Blizz always overnerf or overbuff a class. I cant understand why they not nerf or buff a class in small steps and look if this fits the numbers they want to see. But you can say if they nerf they will not buff it again, because the player could see that blizz was wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc07e80326ad; 2016-08-24 at 10:36 AM.

I don't know how the nerf feels at 110 (does anyone? are people still actively doing mythic+ on beta?), but at 110, while it is noticeable, I'm still topping meters on trash pulls in mythic 5s. Granted, not by the same amount as pre-nerf, but I don't feel particularly weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjing View Post
    Blizz always overnerf or overbuff a class. I cant understand why they not nerf or buff a class in small steps and look if this fits the numbers they want to see. But you can say if they nerf they will not buff it again, because the player could see that blizz was wrong.
    This is my big issue with Blizz...they have ZERO subtlety. Or, to use a sporting analogy, if Blizz were an NFL quarterback, they would have absolutely no touch on their passes. Everything they threw would be a 100mph fastball.

Why couldn't the BB nerf start at 10 or 15%? Why does it nearly have to go down by half???

I don't think anyone on her would have reacted that bad with a 10/15% nerf.

But once again, Blizz has to throw fastballs when a lob would suit the game better.

edit: I'm hoping Blizz at least reverts the HS nerfs. I've already wanted BB damage to be transfered to our strike abilities anyway...but to just lose all that DPS and have nothing in return is just deflating.

Yeah, there was something inherently wrong about a low cool down, zero cost AOE ability being the best single target damage option. There should be compensation with Heart Strike, though.

Regardless, blood is still pretty solid for soloing - better place than Paladin and monk tanks, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashkar View Post
    Yeah, there was something inherently wrong about a low cool down, zero cost AOE ability being the best single target damage option. There should be compensation with Heart Strike, though.

Regardless, blood is still pretty solid for soloing - better place than Paladin and monk tanks, at least.
    Regardless of where our AOE damage ends up falling vis-a-vis Heart Strike and Blood Boil, it feels more satisfying/rewarding to get off a 5-man Heart Strike than it does simply pressing Blood Boil. Getting off the massive Heart Strike means you made sure to keep the runes free during Death and Decay, kept the mobs bunched up, and targeted the right one to make sure you got the full cleave. With Blood Boil, we just press it on cooldown whenever there is something in our general vicinity. Yay. It's an important tool to have, just not a very exciting one, and our biggest rewards should come from the ability with the most setup.