Legion Void Bolt instead of DP

I don't understand why they removed devouring plague and added void bolt. Void bolt is extremely boring and has an outdated animation. Devouring plague has been an iconic Spriest spell for years and I've always enjoyed having a burst DoT. They could have simply kept DP and made it work the same way that Void bolt does (put it on a CD and have it refresh your other DoT's). Anyone else a bit dissapointed with this? There's enough "bolts" (i.e. lightning, frost, fire, hunter shots, chaos, shadow, etc.) in the game..DP was iconic and different and now it's not even a talent.

It's only been iconic for the last 2 xpacs cause of orbs. It's really not that iconic as the rest of our spells and void bolt really flows with the new idea of shadow. I've personally been requesting a spell like this to address our aoe problems. As far as the animation...I don't know how many times it has to be said its ALPHA!

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Void bolt is extremely boring and has an outdated animation. Devouring plague has been an iconic Spriest spell for years.
    Devouring Plague is basically an Undead iconic spell that unfortunately was carried over to every SPriest, while Void Bolt is a fresh concept introduced in WoD and pushes the class closer to the Void theme and not a generic Undead racial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispersed View Post
    It's only been iconic for the last 2 xpacs cause of orbs. It's really not that iconic as the rest of our spells and void bolt really flows with the new idea of shadow. I've personally been requesting a spell like this to address our aoe problems. As far as the animation...I don't know how many times it has to be said its ALPHA!

how does void bolt affect aoe? it's purely single target. we already have mind blast, mind spike and now shadow word: void..they all are extremely similar to each other...how does void bolt add anything interesting? it's just an instant mind blast with a dot refresh and a boring animation.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2016-01-25 at 01:16 AM.

Oops was thinking of another spell. But Void Bolt is a nice spell. It's not as strong as mind blast and doesn't generate as much insanity but it's a pretty short cd, instant, generates a good amount of insanity and deals nice dmg for all those factors. Definitely a good spell imo reminds me of fel flame warlocks used to have

Deleted
    Devouring Plague doesnt fit shadowpriest who abuses and worships the old gods and the void. Diseases are dk territory atm. But they could have namechanged it ofc.

I actually didn't know they removed it. But that's a good decision imo for the direction they are going.

Devouring plague was always a purely undead themed spell that just carried on.

While I love all discussion regarding priests, please use the Legion Discussion thread here for topics like this so we can prevent the forum from flooding with different topics.

Closing the thread.