Question [Mythic Mannoroth] Avoiding Curse of Legion/Doomguard

Some people said that Cloak of Shadows, AMS, Evanescense and IB pre-cast before Curse of Legion can avoid Doomguard comes. But, for some reason Cloak isn't working. Can someone tell me why?

Cloak failing:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/8dGKPTR6r2AMwtBZ#type=auras&spells=debuffs&target=44&ability=181275&view=events&source=5&p ins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%2431224%2463&fight=15

IIRC, for cloak to work on it, you have to time it with the 1/2 second invulnerability you get when you first cast cloak. You casted it ~3 seconds before the mark went off. The actual cloak 5 second immunity will not prevent you from getting the curse. It is all in that first 1/2 second.

tbh you're better off not trying to avoid doomguards, it gets you used to timings you'll transition and what will come, and you get a sense of order and rotation of abilities, suddenly no doomguard and you're pushing the boss early, or people are twiddling their thumbs enjoying no doomguard, and it can mess things up, especially transitioning sooner than usual.

just my experience from farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the timing of it. The curse cast goes off, then there's travel time from the pillar to the person who is targeted. There's a certain window (I think 1-2 seconds before cast but not positive) where you need to cloak in order for it to work. I've never played rogue on that fight so I could be wrong about the window, but I know it has to be timed correctly to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Socialhealer has a pretty good point. Especially with the upgrades now, we have to be very on the ball with our ranged wraths to make sure they are cleared before the last phase - there have been times where we skipped a doomlord and jumped to the last phase much quicker and still had our 2 ranged with like 20 stacks each. It didn't go well. Skipping ealy doomlords is fine, but I'd be careful about the later ones.

I agree that skipping doom lords is just going to make the fight more inconsistent and frustrating for you to progress on.