Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah all the things you get are silly shitty little things you almost don't notice

hardly worthy of all the extra work mythic raiders have to put in

what's worse, eventually everybody can get all those things (except the FoS) and that further makes mythic an unrewarding experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    To be fair, we can get a unique mount, unique achievements, and a fancy title. Other than higher ilvl and a recolor, that's all we really got.
    I think you're asking an awful lot considering Blizzard can't even be assed to bother with building an endgame worth playing outside of the raid copy and pasted 4 times.

I'm not really seeing a whole lot of sympathy being drummed up if the exclusive toys you receive aren't enough.

The "Wow!" Factor pf seeing a warrior with quel'serrar / thunderfury and t2 wont ever be experienced for me, because there is no server identity.
    Its not because we have lfr->mythic, its because servers and the community with them is not as it was in vanilla / tbc.

If you want raiding to be prestigious something else have to change, not making raiding one difficulty.

In my honest opinion its not blizzards fault, its our. We as gamers are not the same as we were in vanilla, the iGeneration of fast games, new things all the time have changed us to less social creatures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It is for me. Its almost like different people like different things. Shocker I know.

The only thing about LFR I don't like is the fact they nuttered the loot in WOD to please the small few who bitched about how MOP was. Also the diffculity is far less then what it was in MOP.

At lease in MOP you got watered down abilitys in WOD you get target dummys on most fights.
    heh, different huh? you fight the same bosses, they're just dumbed down beyond recognition

you don't like a different thing, you just like the same thing but worse

Multiple dificulties killed raiding for me. Why do the same content multiple time but just a little harder each time?

Bring back one dificulty and lfr. Make it progressively more difficult the further progressed you are.

The only thing about LFR I don't like is the fact they nuttered the loot in WOD to please the small few who bitched about how MOP was. Also the diffculity is far less then what it was in MOP.
    This is my main gripe about LFR. I wish it had the same loot as the normal/heroic/mythic raids do, at a lower ilvl. While the LFR set is cool and can be used for some shenanigan parses, I liked LFR because I could still get a trinket that was eluding me elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, the differences between LFR and Mythic fights is pretty damn. Entire mechanics and phases are ommitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    Just 2 raids normal and heroic and let casual that farm lfr today progress true oter means like dungeon or quests.
    So, they spend a week doing dungeons at launch and nothing for the rest of the expansion because Blizzard hasn't added dungeons post launch since Dragon Soul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

heh, different huh? you fight the same bosses, they're just dumbed down beyond recognition

you don't like a different thing, you just like the same thing but worse
    Diffculity is subjective. For me no MOP wasn't hard in any shape for form. But you still had to do the mechanics on most fights or you wipe. WOD most of the fights are stand still and smash 1 as fast as you can.

Its not your place to decent what is better or worse sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    This is my main gripe about LFR. I wish it had the same loot as the normal/heroic/mythic raids do, at a lower ilvl. While the LFR set is cool and can be used for some shenanigan parses, I liked LFR because I could still get a trinket that was eluding me elsewhere.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    So, they spend a week doing dungeons at launch and nothing for the rest of the expansion because Blizzard hasn't added dungeons post launch since Dragon Soul?
    #1 Don't forget the rift system being put in
    #2 From what I've seen they understand they can't neglect new dungeons anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Vanilla, the first time I ever experienced burnout was the TOC raid during Wrath. Having to do the same silly raid on 10n, 10h, 25n, 25h, to keep your guild competitive was a huge strain. To a certain extent, the same tiers of difficulty still exist. You find yourself having to do normal to gear up guildies, while you need heroic etc. It strains after a while, unless the content would be incredibly fun. I have struggled with burnout ever since they put these multiple difficulties into the game. Blizzard had it right in Ulduar. In those days players accepted that if they were in a mediocre guild, they might not even get to the final boss. And the progressive guilds would face the same bosses as these mediocre guilds, but had opportunity for "hard mode" earning awesome rewards. I'm sure this has all been said before, but I must find expressing myself to be somewhat cathartic.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Deleted
    I can't get behind any rationale explaining how multiple raid difficulties didn't kill epicness. So yeah, I agree. Whether multiple difficulties is beneficial, necessary etc is another thing, but experiencing the same fight 4 different ways doesn't excite anyone and it diminishes whatever potential awe for a fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going down to 2 difficulties would be a good thing, and while you're at it, make new heroic tiers equal to previous tier mythic items. This way there is no incentive to run extreme farm groups the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Multiple dificulties killed raiding for me. Why do the same content multiple time but just a little harder each time?

Bring back one dificulty and lfr. Make it progressively more difficult the further progressed you are.
    If you are going to have 4 difficulties, at least have some sort of distinquishing differnce between each. Mythic should have more mechanics than heroic, and heroic have new mechanics over normal. Not just scaled health and damage output of mobs.

There is literally no difference in normal vs. heroic other than bosses have more health and hit harder. There is no reason for both of these difficulties since they both flex. Make them into one difficulty.
    Last edited by Pwnyride; 2016-01-27 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Diffculity is subjective. For me no MOP wasn't hard in any shape for form. But you still had to do the mechanics on most fights or you wipe. WOD most of the fights are stand still and smash 1 as fast as you can.

Its not your place to decent what is better or worse sorry.
    you say WoD lfr is like fighting a target dummy and then you go on to say it's not my place to say what's better or worse?

okay?

I dont understand why we can't have both. Hardmode bosses seemed a good compromise and I think should be utilized more. Hell, have a whole wing of hardcore bosses and in tandem, have a wing of easier bosses related to the it and then a roster of 'normal' bosses.

Random, rough idea off the top of my head - easier tier defeats dragon egg guardians and kills the eggs. Hardcore takes on the dragon.

You could even have an in raid attunement or quest/prerequisites to get to a hardcore boss.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-01-27 at 05:30 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    If you are going to have 4 difficulties, at least have some sort of distinquishing differnce between each. Mythic should have more mechanics than heroic, and heroic have new mechanics over normal. Not just scaled health and damage output of mobs.

There is literally no difference in normal vs. heroic other than bosses have more health and hit harder.
    Exactly. So remove one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    LFR was created because Blizzard thought too few people raided. Fine okay.

But why did they have to gut organized raiding in the process?

Who the hell asked for Normal and Heroic?

When you raid in this horrible expansion atm, you've already seen the whole content TWICE before ever actually attempting the bosses on Mythic.

How fucking broken is this?

It's like playing a single player game and being forced to play through it all on Easy just to be able to play it on Hard. It spoils the entire experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    Why not have boss 1-4 of a 12 boss raid be "normal", 5-8 "heroic", and 9-12 "mythic". Or some variation where the bosses get progressively more difficult.

7+ Year Old Account
    Realistically people only do 2 difficulties with their main progression character anyway. I'm sure there are exceptions but that's the general rule. In the first raid u might raid 3 or in the last raid people go to more difficulties because content is stretched a lot more than intended.
    Mythic raiders don't go to normal or LFR mode since they clear HC on the first week. Their equipment from the raid before is mythic quality so it's better than normal mode ilvl. This last part is intentional and I'm sure blizzard, with all the numbers they have probably did it with this in mind.
    Only on the first raid there might be a bit burn off, but the content is fresh and new which negates it.

Currently LFR and Normal mode share same number of mechanics with just an increase in damage. Heroic has its own mechanics upped from normal/LFR and then Mythic has its own mechanics and completely different fights. So they aren't the same mechanically, just the same name. People who say otherwise clearly haven't played the higher difficulties then.

Also, Blizzard did this to cater to everyone. This is a way people can experience "challenging" content on a relative level. People should stop thinking that blizzard did something because they just felt like it, they usually do it in response of the playerbase feedback and statistic numbers.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-01-27 at 05:32 PM.

LFR was created because Blizzard thought too few people raided. Fine okay.

But why did they have to gut organized raiding in the process?

Who the hell asked for Normal and Heroic?

When you raid in this horrible expansion atm, you've already seen the whole content TWICE before ever actually attempting the bosses on Mythic.

How fucking broken is this?

It's like playing a single player game and being forced to play through it all on Easy just to be able to play it on Hard.
    3 times if you count drudging through LFR for legendary quest items.

I understand the mop thinking when they wanted to make a single difficulty that could be flexed, but when they went into wod and made everything flexible except mythic there was no longer a need for 2 difficulties outside mythic and LFR.

I have to agree with the OP. Multiple difficulties definitely watered down raiding. Progression just feels like re-progression since it's the same content over again. Normal and Heroic are just redundant and should probably be merged and become progressively more difficult as bosses go on. Mythic and LFR aren't going anywhere, I don't think. 3 difficulties is the fewest we can hope to see, better than 4 at least.