What are the benefits of Engineering and Alchemy for raiding?

I used to raid on my hunter with engineering but I can't remember what to use with my engineering skill to a dps boost, same with my alchemy.

Suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy makes flasks last twice as long allowing for fewer to be used during raids other than that it has no raid benefits. engineering lost its DPS boost sometime ago.

So there is no benefit to Engineering in raids? Are there any other professions that benefit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    So there is no benefit to Engineering in raids? Are there any other professions that benefit?
    DPS/HPS wise? non, was removed with WoD

Engineering got nitroboost/free health tonic
    Alch, 50% less flasks useage
    Ench, DE BoP epics, cheaper enchants
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy for flasks and potions, as you consume through those quickly.
    Engineering for profession-specific buffs not able to be traded/sold to other players (which has been hinted at being changed in Legion).
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

7+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is proberly the only raid-boosting profession left in the game. If you play melee, the rocket boots can help you alot sometimes. Everything else has really no buff when it comes to dmg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Engineering is proberly the only raid-boosting profession left in the game. If you play melee, the rocket boots can help you alot sometimes. Everything else has really no buff when it comes to dmg.
    iirc rocket boots were disabled in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    iirc rocket boots were disabled in raids
    They're not disabled. They share a cd with potions though. You need to make the decision between a second agi/str/int pot, healthstone, or short term speed boost.

The boost from the rockets also isn't nowhere near as powerful when used inside a raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The boost from the rockets also isn't nowhere near as powerful when used inside a raid.
    Yes this is what i mean, when using the boosts there is no difference in my speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I used to raid on my hunter with engineering but I can't remember what to use with my engineering skill to a dps boost, same with my alchemy.

Suggestions?
    All DPS/HPS increase bonuses from Professions were removed in Warlords. There isn't a single profession in the game that will boost your DPS/HPS.

Rocket boosts in raids are +80% with a longer duration down from ... what was it 350%? (They're still normal speed outside of raids) AND shares CD with DPS potions. If they still gave the full speed boost they might actually be worth using over a potion in some situations but in their current state they're only good for running back after a wipe.

Also Glider can't be used during boss fights anymore

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy - Flasks lasts twice as long. Engineering - Jeeves (repairs) and Blingatron (not really a benefit), I guess you could count the Flexweave (parachute) and Invisibility belt. They just don't really offer that much of a benefit, certainly not any more DPS benefit. So more of quality-of-life-benefits then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    They're not disabled. They share a cd with potions though. You need to make the decision between a second agi/str/int pot, healthstone, or short term speed boost.
    healthstone shares the cd with healing tonic (ht heals for more, unles youre a warlock with glyph, so you should be using that and its from first aid not from alchemy anymore) but not with dps pots or speed boost