Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But it's not a waste of time to court the vote of gullible idiots who think it could be repealed.

And why shouldn't he? That is literally what all of them do.

Hillary openly states she will enact laws that will force equal pay for women. Never mind that this law already exists.

Deleted
    How, exactly, is there anything "shocking" about this? Trump could say he's going to commit genocide if he gets elected PotUS and that wouldn't "shock" anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked, but the attempt tells you a lot about their character, which is why i would oppose someone who took those actions even if they knew they wouldn't accomplish anything.
    So if you have a choice between a Clinton and a republican, are you going to just not vote? Or maybe vote for a 3rd party candidate?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's funny because he thinks a President can "overturn" a Supreme Court ruling.
    If he can build a wall *finger snap*, overturning the ruling should be a cake walk.

Hopefully he does overturn it and Obamacare at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a surprise he would raise the issue at all considering he doesn't need to and he personally has zero problems with gays. He doesn't need any more of a republican support base he has all the votes so its a strange comment. I do agree that redefining marriage shouldn't be up to the supreme court as it has such a impact on the entire American society. I used to not care about gays wanting to be married and can't find a reason against it, personally. But then Trumps comments were about possibly appointing new supreme court judges and the media seems to have cherry picked the gay angle.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Hopefully he does overturn it and Obamacare at the same time.

You. You specifically.

Let's say we repeal obamacare. What do we replace it with?

And nothing is not an answer since both sides agree that healthcare needed reform.

I like the Stephen Colbert view of things, where Trump is actually not trying to win the Presidency and is doing all this crazy stuff to avoid it, but it keeps making him popular.

Making his "I could stand on 5th Avenue and shoot someone and lot lose any votes" more of a "god why is this a thing" than a boast.

Unfortunately I think he's just a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how Same Sex Marge is protected by I do believe the 14th Amendment he can't do jackshit. USSCJ would overturn it in a heart beat.
    The 14th doesn't cover anything because the Federal Government doesn't issue marriage licenses anymore than it issues driver licenses.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't really another nail in his coffin since he claimed states should have been the ones to determine same sex marriage. I'd be willing to bet a good number of his supporters are more "states rights" than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Was my first thought, but the article makes it clear when you read it that the goal is to appoint extremely biased judges who will rule on bias rather than law. It's widely believed that the upcoming president will get to appoint several supreme court judges.
    That definitely is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is he intends to appoint extremely unbiased judges who will rule on law rather than bias, thereby undoing the work of biased judges who came up with the ruling in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I like the Stephen Colbert view of things, where Trump is actually not trying to win the Presidency and is doing all this crazy stuff to avoid it, but it keeps making him popular.

Making his "I could stand on 5th Avenue and shoot someone and lot lose any votes" more of a "god why is this a thing" than a boast.

Unfortunately I think he's just a psychopath.
    If die if that happened.

It would be the ultimate "WTF America !" Moment. All who voted for him would have to look in the mirror and be like "what am I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    You. You specifically.

Let's say we repeal obamacare. What do we replace it with?

And nothing is not an answer since both sides agree that healthcare needed reform.
    You could go back to the exact way it was prior and that would be better for people who had healthcare at the time.

This forum has a unhealthy obsession with Trump
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Assuming he wins the Republican nomination, expect a bunch of 180s (heck he's been pulling 180s this whole time if you look at what he was saying 5, 10, 15 years ago). You can't believe anything he says, and absolutely no one has any clue what he'd really do if he should get elected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But it's not a waste of time to court the vote of gullible idiots who think it could be repealed.
    Exactly, he is just letting them know he understands their perspective. But ultimately gay marriage isn't an issue, it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Assuming he wins the Republican nomination, expect a bunch of 180s (heck he's been pulling 180s this whole time if you look at what he was saying 5, 10, 15 years ago). You can't believe anything he says, and absolutely no one has any clue what he'd really do if he should get elected.
    Same goes with Hilary Clinton and almost all other politicians/people running for office.

Yeah the president can't overturn a US Supreme Court ruling so good luck with that.

People aren't voting for him because of political issues. They are voting for him because he's not afraid to speak his mind. In a world where everyone's afraid to speak up because if they word something poorly they get called a racist, in a world of "safe spaces", the natural fix is to elect Trump who says whatever the hell he wants.

That's why people attack him for his views on gay marriage and then are stunned because his polls numbers just get stronger. When you attack him for his speech, you miss the point.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You could go back to the exact way it was prior and that would be better for people who had healthcare at the time.

See. You can't. Cause both sides admitted the system was jacked and needed a change. So going back to that is intentionally going back to a fail system. It is unethical to remove a fix (even a bad fix) to go back to something broken.

Let's say healthcare is a car. It has a catastrophic oil leak. It costs you a lot of money to keep putting oil in daily. Obama patches the leak with apoxi. You could argue that it's stupid as shit. But how could you fight to remove it and go back to having a leak? The fact you have not spent any time to come up with a permanent fix shows you don't really care about the leak. You just are upset Obama is the mechanic who repaired it.

So no. I do not accept that answer. Both sides agree a fix is needed but only Obama even provided a solution. That is far better than what any republican has done to date regarding the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    People aren't voting for him because of political issues. They are voting for him because he's not afraid to speak his mind. In a world where everyone's afraid to speak up because if they word something poorly they get called a racist, in a world of "safe spaces", the natural fix is to elect Trump who says whatever the hell he wants.

That's why people attack him for his views on gay marriage and then are stunned because his polls numbers just get stronger. When you attack him for his speech, you miss the point.
    It's making partisan people and the medias mind melt now. They don't get it. I don't even agree with the guy and I like him better than all other candidates. Cause I know what he is. He isn't blowing political smoke yo my ass "most of the time ".

He's an arrogant dick but at least he addresses issues directly and says what he really thinks.