Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did the UFO crash missionand ended up having two casualties and one captured. Captured was weird, said he was unconscience but I couldn't pick him up or anything so I just left him. It was my only Captain too(at the time). Thankfully I got him back a little bit later. One of the casualties was sheer bad luck, I had a Sharpshooter hiding behind full cover and he got crit for full damage. The other casualty was just me being dumb.

Enjoying the game, its funny how much easier it feels since I started over. Guess I learned from my mistakes, but once you get upgraded armor/weapons and a few OP talents the difficulty lessens dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've restarted my game about 10 times already, not just from installing mods but doing all sorts of crazy tests. I've actually found that there are ways to make the enemy ALWAYS go where you want them to, setting them up for kills. On a hardest difficulty/IM game, I just did the blacksite mission without taking a single point of damage, still using basic weapons and armor.

I'm going to try tweaking the AI to see if I can break this. It's kind of annoying because now that I've done this, I can't NOT do it, and it's making missions too simple for me to want to continue.

I also discovered that most aliens will always make a B-line for the soldier with the lowest health. So at the start of a mission I'll toss a grenade at one of my soldiers to wound them, stick them in some good cover behind the rest of my guys, and just watch aliens (especially the sword guys) just charge full bore into a wall of overwatch. It's kind of silly.

Sigh. I'm sure it's going to take me a month or more before I actually see the end of this game lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

i am really happy with the game so far. still dont have too many hours so i am coming to grips with the new mission system and guerrilla force building. only just did the first skull jack on the officer and started the "doomsday clock".

I really love the ranger right now, especially when teamed with my sharpshooter. they work so well together.

Deleted
    Does XCOM 2 have that asinine "rush to get the meld" -thing from EW? Because it's probably the worst thing they implemented. I know there's an addon to make it so that the counter starts when you see the meld containers but the whole "race against the clock" -BS just sucked.

Also, the terror missions. Are they still the same kind of rush BS as in EU/EW?

I mean, OK... Perhaps I'm biased, what with having played UFO by leaving my team in the Skyranger and waiting for the enemies to appear, and then especially later in Xcomapoc just leaving the guys in a row waiting for the aliens with max game speed on. But yeah, the rush -style missions just suck in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-02-09 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Does XCOM 2 have that asinine "rush to get the meld" -thing from EW? Because it's probably the worst thing they implemented. I know there's an addon to make it so that the counter starts when you see the meld containers but the whole "race against the clock" -BS just sucked.

Also, the terror missions. Are they still the same kind of rush BS as in EU/EW?

I mean, OK... Perhaps I'm biased, what with having played UFO by leaving my team in the Skyranger and waiting for the enemies to appear, and then especially later in Xcomapoc just leaving the guys in a row waiting for the aliens with max game speed on. But yeah, the rush -style missions just suck in my opinion.
    The game basically only has timers, lots of rush, but most can be disabled with mods.

$8.49 on Steam, can't be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    $8.49 on Steam, can't be that good.
    This might sound familiar;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I deleted my post. You come to a point of awareness where you realise when to stop posting and arguing with random people. I wonder if lack of reading comprehension correlates with low intelligence because I made it clear that no more posts are required.
    But, I'll take this:
    lack of reading comprehension correlates with low intelligence
    And raise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I seem to have broken something.

One of the mods I got from the workshop wasn't working right, and I think it was because of an edit I made. So, to basically start clean, I verified the cache, made edits I knew didn't mess with anything, and started a new game.

I noticed immediately that some of the workshop mods (like the camera rotation one) weren't working properly. The one that adds the two Berets wasn't working, either. So I shut the game down, disabled all mods, loaded the game up, exited, turned the mods back on, and started a new game.

Again, none of the workshop mods seem to be taking effect. All of my .ini edits seem to though.

Anyone have any idea what I did, or how to fix this?

Edit: Never mind, I just deleted the Config folder in My Documents. The game recreated them, everything seems to be working now.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-02-09 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rookies are the new Red Shirts. My new strat for attacking black sites is to snake around the back and just send a rok on a one way trip to blow up whatever it is I need to blow up. We extract when the rookie blows up

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rookies are the new Red Shirts. My new strat for attacking black sites is to snake around the back and just send a rok on a one way trip to blow up whatever it is I need to blow up. We extract when the rookie blows up
    You terrorist....

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the term freedom fighter.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Just beat the game and was wondering:Did the ending mean that there is like a psionic version of the reapers and the elders were the "humans" of the last cycle? It was kinda hard to hear them but i think thats what they were implying.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just beat the game and was wondering:Did the ending mean that there is like a psionic version of the reapers and the elders were the "humans" of the last cycle? It was kinda hard to hear them but i think thats what they were implying.
    I was kind of confused by what the ending meant also, honestly.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally beat the game on Commander level. Didnt bother with psi troops. Will try that on the next game play.
    Then end scene was an homage to the sequel to XCOM: UFO Defense. Terror From the Deep

Never did find out what they put in those juicy Advent Burgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its kinda funny that people still complain about timers given that you can fix them with like 3 clicks. It doesn't even disables steam achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I was kind of confused by what the ending meant also, honestly.
    Aside from "just" leaving some ways for a next game open, for me it the last(ish?) thing shown seem to somehow be something underwater, is that Cthulhu (I don't remember the name of the aliens' underwater city/base/ship in TFTD) and will next game (if it happens) be about underwater threat?

Thought it might be that,
    It was so just because the whole final mission's installation was underwater. Though I have no idea, how did that scientist figured that out, for all I knew, it could be half a galaxy away on another planet/space station.

Also,
    For me it looked, like the "Elders" are responsible for human evolution, they might have wanted to somehow prepare us for the invasion with something even worse than them, whether we like it or not. They really needed to work on their reasoning/convicing though. Well, and not expect that after what they did, we'd still work with them. I guess their way of thinking is really alien and weird for us, in both games they seem to be like "WTF, we commited a slaughter of your species, kidnapped them, killed them, experimented on them, terrorised them, and now you don't want to work with us? Just what the hell is wrong with you, man?!".
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2016-02-09 at 11:07 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its kinda funny that people still complain about timers given that you can fix them with like 3 clicks. It doesn't even disables steam achievements.
    Just because something can be fixed with mods, doesn't change the fact that the basic idea already annoyed them. Some of them overreact, but eventually everyone is going to get some bullshit mission that's just "you expect me to kill X in Y turns?". It's especially true for "soft" timers like Retaliation missions or Defend the relay. Get some nasty alien to spawn near the relay and that thing is going down in 4 turns.

As for the ending... it's bizarre. Honestly, one particular scene looked like something out of Dragonball Z... not to mention the physical appearence of Avatars. That hair, it's just like one of them Japanese animes. And depending on how generous you're feeling, mission dialogue ranges between intriguing and mysterious pieces of information, to cryptic nonsense that tries too hard to sound deep.

"Deep"... I guess there's a reason for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't think everyone is aware of mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair, they made it painfully obvious that the game is to be modded in every single way possible. I mean, if you launch it on steam first thing you get to see is giant panel with list of mods you installed and link to steam workshop. If you don't like the fact that core game is made for more hardcore strategy players than you are more than welcome to change a few things and noone is going to judge you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet your saves break when you remove even a single mod that was in them. I could understand that in case of some massive conversions, but not minor appearance changes/small tweaks. Better hope you don't change your mind about about any mods after dozens of hours in campaign.

One would think there'd be a warning "Mod X is not present and might cause problem with the game, are you sure?" ... 'Course, there's also a mod for *that*.