Poll: How do you feel when someone bad gets hurt?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Idk if there's any equivalent term to it in english, but: Skadeglädje.
    Schadenfreude?

I have it.

Schadenfreude (I think that's the german/adopted from german english term for it) is a very real, very satisfying thing. I try not to, but it happens anyway. The more heartless the action, the less I can really feel sorry for them when they get a plate full of karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Spoken like a true Anti SJW LOL! After you just contradicted yourself.
    That doesn't even make any sense. How? Because some people kind of deserved it (in a very eye-for-an-eye-kind of sense) doesn't mean it is a good thing.

But hey, your ideology is based on "justice" (and a very warped kind of justice if you ask any rational person) so I am not surprised.

Not going to respond a second time. I don't have anything else to say on this topic for now.

Sometimes, I relish in it. Sometimes, I feel bad for them and their families.

/shrug

No. I am mostly indifferent to such things as in the OP's video.

Deleted
    I dont know.. I usually dont consider classic villain stereotypes bad. Say people who break pointless or stupid laws, greedy people, selfish people, VERBAL bullies.

As for the truly evil ones like rapists, SJWs, psychopathic murderers etc. I enjoy when they get justice, locked away or neutralized, like deported out of the country. I dont enjoy seeing anyone physically hurt or tortured.

I don't feel much schadenfreude, But I do derive some sense of satisfaction when the Karma train runs someone over that so very much deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    As for the truly evil ones like rapists, SJWs, psychopathic murderers etc. I enjoy when they get justice, locked away or neutralized, like deported out of the country. I dont enjoy seeing anyone physically hurt or tortured.
    Wow, how did SJWs make the list that rapists and psychos are on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I don't feel much schadenfreude, But I do derive some sense of satisfaction when the Karma train runs someone over that so very much deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, how did SJWs make the list that rapists and psychos are on?
    Sjws dont rape individuals they rape entire countries and their foundations and the laws for the sake of SJ.

Deleted
    No because I aren't a sadist. I enjoy justice being served for the victim, not for my own satisfaction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Like if Martin Shkreli accidentally stepped in some dog poop? Yeah.
    Dog poop made out of lava

Deleted
    I don't enjoy anyone being hurt, if I had a chance to kill everyone in ISIS today I still wouldn't enjoy it. I wouldn't mind doing it or watching it, but I wouldn't enjoy it...I'm pretty neutral in my personality against most subjects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. I am mostly indifferent to such things as in the OP's video.
    Tbh sounds like we have some people here with serious issues if I read some posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Schadenfreude (I think that's the german/adopted from german english term for it) is a very real, very satisfying thing. I try not to, but it happens anyway. The more heartless the action, the less I can really feel sorry for them when they get a plate full of karma.
    You don't have to be against people being hurt, just because you wouldn't mind seeing some get hurt or have "justice" been served doesn't mean you enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    I hate to stereotype, but you're an American, aren't you?

Gadaffi turned the shithole Lybia was into richest and most educated African nation, and was killed off not because he was a bad guy (yeah, he got filthy rich in the process, but name one politician in possition of power who hasn't), but because he was on a brink of introducing African Golden Denar as a standardised currency in oil trade. ''Arab spring'' and removal of Gadaffi played large role in destabilising Middle east and northeast Africa, rise of radical Islamists and subsequently European migrant crisis.

And, if you've seen the latest videos of his torture and death, no one, not even Hitler, deserved THAT.
    Lockerbie bombing.

Abu Salim prison massacre

Yeah he sure was a shining light of hope and happiness. He was a very hated man by alot of people. Make enemies reap the benefits.

I think it could be thought of as enjoyable IF the person who gets hurt learns from the venture and if the environment is made better in whole. Seeing the violence directly doesn't really make me happy. But I like to think some people reach a point where they need that violent correction. Sometimes, a young buck needs to have his ass handed to him in order to become a better member of society.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Meinfýsi/Þórðargleði here, but yeah. I can't stand it if it involves prying something apart (Like the trap in saw that pulled your jaws apart), but if some idiot that deserves it gets punched into oblivion I get filled with glee.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    I hate to stereotype, but you're an American, aren't you?

Gadaffi turned the shithole Lybia was into richest and most educated African nation, and was killed off not because he was a bad guy (yeah, he got filthy rich in the process, but name one politician in possition of power who hasn't), but because he was on a brink of introducing African Golden Denar as a standardised currency in oil trade. ''Arab spring'' and removal of Gadaffi played large role in destabilising Middle east and northeast Africa, rise of radical Islamists and subsequently European migrant crisis.

And, if you've seen the latest videos of his torture and death, no one, not even Hitler, deserved THAT.
    I'm american, and I KNEW how fucked we were when gadaffi was killed. Then again, I do take time to read and do my best to keep up on current affairs and such. I didn't know that about the Golden Denar, but it makes sense. The video of his death was..brutal.

I tend to enjoy seeing someone get what they deserve, probably because it so rarely happens.

Can't deny it- when someone gets what is coming to them, feelsgoodman.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

watching middle eastern terrorists getting shot and killed is always great news, i really miss 24, and to a lesser extent homeland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends if I disliked them personally or not.

Otherwise I don't care.

No.

Someone "bad" has already been hurt. That's why they are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No.

Someone "bad" has already been hurt. That's why they are bad.
    Martin Shkreli doesn't seem to fit your post.

Among so many others...

Jeffrey Dahmer's rather vicious fate...poetic justice? Bitter irony? Divine intervention? I guess it didn't matter. Just about everyone thought it was deserved.