Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is this normal behaviour?

So I just watched this

Personally I think the movie looks terrible but is this common behaviour among audiences when watching outrageous comedy? Only reason I ask is because never have I experienced a cinema audience react like that to any film (thankfully). Is that reaction manufactured or genuine?

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like audiences at these things are always like a caricature of real people. Every emotion is exaggerated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I feel like audiences at these things are always like a caricature of real people. Every emotion is exaggerated.
    That's usually my opinion just curious though if people have experienced this

fake, they are just sad star struck people, if he asked for a personal rimjob from all of them they would fight over who goes first.

Well. It's sacha baron cohen, whose movies tends to provoke emotions one way or another. Especially from average, non-internet-jaded people like the ones in the audience. Also, knowing that their reactions are being filmed probably made them exaggerate quite a bit, intentional or not.

Since the whole situation is highly abnormal and manufactured, I wouldn't call their reactions genuine, but I don't think they have been given instructions to laugh hard and look baffled like that.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personally I think the movie looks terrible but is this common behaviour among audiences when watching outrageous comedy? Only reason I ask is because never have I experienced a cinema audience react like that to any film (thankfully). Is that reaction manufactured or genuine?
    Seems pretty normal. People were reacting only a little more subdued at Deadpool last night.

Deadpool is rated R and is an action comedy with a lot of graphic violence and sexual humor.

Well, more normal than people clapping on planes, I'd say. But a bit over the top compared to anything I've seen in a cinema. But as has already been said, the setting is different and exaggeration there is common.

Off topic, Sacha Baron Cohen looks really weird as a normal guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seems pretty normal. People were reacting only a little more subdued at Deadpool last night.

Deadpool is rated R and is an action comedy with a lot of graphic violence and sexual humor.
    Perhaps it's a regional thing

American audiences are much more animated, and a TV show studio audience has been prepped to laugh. Revi's people would sit there quietly, maybe the corners of their mouths would turn up a little.

I also think that this was a publicity stunt for the movie.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    American audiences are much more animated, and a TV show studio audience has been prepped to laugh. Revi's people would sit there quietly, maybe the corners of their mouths would turn up a little.

I also think that this was a publicity stunt for the movie.
    If people behaved like that in cinemas here id probably walk out and demand a refund lol

If people behaved like that in cinemas here id probably walk out and demand a refund lol
    They seem to get swept up in the atmosphere a lot more than I'd experience here. Some of those people were probably laughing because the atmosphere can be infectious if incredulous enough. Around here those kinds of outbursts are seen as impolite.

They aren't watching a movie. They went to a late show where it's expected the audience laughs. This is completely normal for the situation. In a movie theater, I'd be pretty upset if that happened. Perfectly normal for that situation though.

One thing I do know is that this is a fantastic promotional tool for the movie.

I suspect a fair few people will now go to see the movie to see what it was that provoked that reaction.

I experienced bursts of uncontrollable laughing many times during certain comedies. I see nothing weird in this clip.

So I just watched this

How can I make a decision either way without seeing what they saw?

"Location: England" aaaaand everything is clear.

Sorry dude, but you guys there behave more straight than sticks.

Considering the content in the clip, I'd say the reaction is most likely genuine.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing at a comedy? Do you hate joy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    Considering the content in the clip, I'd say the reaction is most likely genuine.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing at a comedy? Do you hate joy?
    Laughing to the point you can't hear it? Yeah GTFO, a comedy gig I can understand not a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just watched this
    No watching Jimmy Kimmel is not normal behaviour...I kid of course.

Well from my movie going experience, I've only ever seen/heard other people laughing quietly or have a short laugh whenever a funny moment occurs in a film. Then again this could just be an overexcited audience exaggerating the hilarity of the scene because they're on camera.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Laughing to the point you can't hear it? Yeah GTFO, a comedy gig I can understand not a movie.
    So people laughing at a comedy, in a group setting, bothers you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!