Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For the record, from now on the poster formerly known as Kurioxan will be referred to as Richard. Thank you for your co-operation.

Also Richard you need to help me lynch Catta, these people don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    For the record, from now on the poster formerly known as Kurioxan will be referred to as Richard. Thank you for your co-operation.

Also Richard you need to help me lynch Catta, these people don't understand.
    thats not even my name >_>
    Yeah, sure, catta must die horribly for the sin of being catta, sadly this is a mafia game so such things must be put aside.

I'll vote once I get off work.

The pms have added a layer of complexity. I wish there was a power role that affected pms lol.. that would be creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Also interested to see people's votes taking into account info obtained via pm. Oh and they can even fake claim that shit.

For now I'm happy to jump on any train. No strong scum reads for me. I have a few non vt character reads (could be scum or tpr) but I'll keep those to myself for now.

I actually hate day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

vote listo

Followed BF on day 1 last game. May as well try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You'd prefer that I made no attempt at justifying my vote, then? I've come to embrace a 'tough love' approach against lurking in this game, especially when it's done consistently. Day one should, in my opinion, be spent on getting rid of someone who isn't posting much rather than somebody who is. After all it becomes much harder to push a lynch on a lurker the longer the game goes on.

Yes, it's still 'early' in the day phase but my vote is hardly set in stone. It may very well change, especially if Satsu shows up. In which case I'll shift to someone else with the same reasoning as applicable.
    No, please justify your vote that wasn't what I was taking issue with but rather you promptly called someone a "lurker" 7 hours into a game. Just because some of us who aren't normally active happened to be doesn't mean everyone was. That was what was suspicious. It felt like you were artificially trying to apply pressure through indirect means ("Oh this is the lurker lynch, we have to take a hard stand against those!").

And more votes on Listo. Blood, did I miss something? Why exactly are you focusing on Listo? Luck of the draw?

I would vote on the counter train but for the people on it....

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by SatsuBL View Post
    Long live, right. Totaly my fault. Are you jelly or something? If so you can always kill me in the night and feel better. "Tendencies" for scum to vote me day 1 when one of them gets a train going?
    Long living has always been one of my (and sometimes others') higher criteria for D1 reasons. I usually look at last two main games, but since they're so long in between i'm really only using 65 with a slight nods to xmas and non-throw-away-intermissions. Why would you think that i'd think that was your "fault", or a bad thing? That's an unusually aggressive retort for you against pressure, and have largehorn defending indirectly. And you know your "tendencies" to which i'm hoping is improving but we'll see -- why try to warp it to aggressive?
    Equally importantly, thoughts so far?

Deleted
    I wake up and I haven't even been offered any new alliances to add to the 11 I'm already in, heartbroken.

Easing into a more serious vein, interesting how aggressively Graeham and Satsu reacted to honestly pretty tame pressure.

Raza, do you think Satsu's answer to you was scummy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    That's an annoyingly good answer.
    Interesting. Did that answer change anything for you?

Deleted
    unvote
    Vote Satsu

Since he has a few votes and weak scum read beats joke vote. I hope I can still keep the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Raza, do you think Satsu's answer to you was scummy?
    I'm deciding. He's been town and a bit scapegoaty past few games (yet surviving) and none of his reactions were like that previously (iirc). Could have been frustration at early pressure again, could be scum tell with more to lose, could be something else or random for all i know. Just something that struck me. Awaiting his reply(s). Still early and more other trains/talk good too.

Very good answer, exactly what I was thinking.

I have never seen Satsu respond like that, but I'm not sure it's a scumtell for him. (Let's be honest though, Satsu lurks a lot as scum). I would definitely like to hear more from him.

Interesting. Did that answer change anything for you?
    Not read-wise. I still find him scummy. It's that gutfeel. It could change, but I'm kinda proud of having a pretty good accuracy on the gutfeel reads.

But vote-wise, it did help remind me that he's actually active. While the conversation we had in PM was largely silly, I cannot in any way or shape accuse him of trying to duck or lay low this game. It speaks in his favour, and the game will be more interesting if that means he is not being lynched today.

I still want to though. Play to win, not to make the game awesome. As much as i like the game being awesome. I guess I can wait a day or two, it's not like Crackleslap is likely to just go and disappear on us. He will condemn or clear himself soon enough either way. But I am reminded of my first game, where I caught Uggor in a slip, and I ended up letting it go. It annoyed me to no end afterwards. I haven't exactly caught Crackleslap in a slip though.

For today, the question is whether I join Blood Fox in his hunt for the target du jour, or oppose him with an alternative train. A question that needs an informed decision, after work, I reckon.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    No, please justify your vote that wasn't what I was taking issue with but rather you promptly called someone a "lurker" 7 hours into a game. Just because some of us who aren't normally active happened to be doesn't mean everyone was. That was what was suspicious. It felt like you were artificially trying to apply pressure through indirect means ("Oh this is the lurker lynch, we have to take a hard stand against those!").

And more votes on Listo. Blood, did I miss something? Why exactly are you focusing on Listo? Luck of the draw?

I would vote on the counter train but for the people on it....

Sigh...
    I'll admit - I'm not entirely certain what the issue is. Satsu showed up and has responded, that's pretty great. That is precisely what I wanted from him; especially since he has a history of laying low and being overlooked for a long time. I have nothing against the guy - and a handful of other posters have come to the same conclusions. All you're really doing is making me want to switch from applying pressure to seeing him lynched completely to get a feel for your alignment.

Could I have given him more time to show up? Certainly - but since my reasoning is based on his activity and long life in recent games I wanted to get my vote in to help push the counter train to Blood Fox's since I don't agree with his play. Listo I'd actually be willing to vote for based on similar reasoning to Satsu, since whilst Listo is active he's lived until the mid/late game fairly often.

I don't generally target people on day one who have died early on in recent games.

I will happily shift my vote over to Arlee if she doesn't show up soon - with my reasoning being an attempt at securing a policy lynch. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. You're also very welcome to PM me too!

Graeham does that mean you liked Satsu's response?

And yeah Arlee, where are you!?

Graeham does that mean you liked Satsu's response?
    To an extent. I like that he showed up, at least. If not for Largehorn's comments I'd have likely removed my vote already.

I wanted to get my vote in to help push the counter train to Blood Fox's since I don't agree with his play.
    So use that as your reasoning. Maybe I need to start meta-game notes again, but I don't believe I have ever felt that Satsu was a "lurker" enough to justify being labeled such really early into a game.

Part of me feels that you thought you could get away with a "lurker" lynch and now that someone has called you on it, you are supplying any reasoning you can to get it stick. Just feels... wishy-washy. You aren't normally wishy-washy to me when your town...

It's important to note that I have no idea what alignment Satsu is (feel free to lynch them with the way things stand currently I won't help...), I just feel that you are trying to lay low and skate by on a lynch. That's scummy to me.

- - - Updated - - -

To an extent. I like that he showed up, at least. If not for Largehorn's comments I'd have likely removed my vote already.
    "He showed up".

You gave him less than 7 hours to respond to a new game thread. We have people who haven't even done that yet.

This is just silly now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, if I hadn't of thought to check my email and saw I had PMs, I would been even more of a lurker then he was...

Since my first post wouldn't have been until an hour after his!

I think that's a weird statement. It sounds like you didn't expect Satsu to show up? I mean you are saying you would've removed your vote simply because he showed up. What was the point of your vote?

I do however have to admit that I like that you're keeping your vote because of Largehorn's comment, because at first I got the impression you were just going to continue this "lynch lurkers" agenda (mostly calling out 'lurkers, like Arlee who has yet to post), which seemed like a lazy attempt at scumhunting.

I think that's a weird statement. It sounds like you didn't expect Satsu to show up? I mean you are saying you would've removed your vote simply because he showed up. What was the point of your vote?

I do however have to admit that I like that you're keeping your vote because of Largehorn's comment, because at first I got the impression you were just going to continue this "lynch lurkers" agenda (mostly calling out 'lurkers, like Arlee who has yet to post), which seemed like a lazy attempt at scumhunting.
    Well at this point he has to leave it there... or he'd be doing exactly what we both apparently thought he was.

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with me other than I would be "right" if that vote moved.

That is true, that is definitely possible.

Graeham I'd just like to know what you were hoping to achieve with your initial vote on Satsu, if you were going to unvote as soon as he responded. Or did I misunderstand your post?