Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Nike broke contract with Manny Pacquaio after what he said about Homosexuals

Why would they broke contract with him for his personal opinion about things like mariage?

He said sorry and even posted a video of that:
    Manny Pacquiao ‏@mannypacquiao 16.02
    I'm sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals. Please forgive me for those I've hurt. God Bless!
    Keep in mind that he is Christian, he's donating more than 50% of his money EVERY time he fights, he spends a lot of time with his family and other people from his country, usually helping poor people - motivating them, even giving them free houses
    I'm so happy giving this houses free to my constituents in Sarangani Province from my own pocket more than thousand families are the beneficiaries. and i'm still building more because i always believe what the bible says; 1 Peter 4:8-10 NIV
    [8] Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. [9] Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. [10] Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. Thank you Lord for everything even some people are criticizing me but I'm still happy because you live in me. @johnnybantilan @davidsisson @jinkeepacquiao
    He's just a man who's a true Christian and is spreading word of the God.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why would they broke contract with him for his personal opinion about things like mariage?

First off because its bad PR and thats why they broke contract with him.

Second please do prove its the word of god....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Not sure what people expect of a boxer from the Philippines. Most of Asia is socially conservative.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

/shurg?
    not exactly a secert he doesn't like teh gays. run of the mill PR move, really.

They broke the contract because of fear that his personal opinion would be interpreted as a similar view held by Nike, same way that Mozilla CEO stepped down after his personal life came into play. We seem to be living in a society where people don't or won't see that a company and person can have different views .

Christians who actually follow the bible do not approve of homosexuality.

I don't really know why you focus so much on it he said something they didn't like so they ended the contract. Doesn't seem like a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Not sure what people expect of a boxer from the Philippines. Most of Asia is socially conservative.
    Yeah, he made the mistake of opening his mouth and saying something opposite of what Nike as a company has as policy and ..Nike had the right/contract to no longer do business with him.

Manny can think what he wants...it doesn't mean the people paying him to represent them will like it and continue to pay him.

Side note...Quote Leviticus and forget the other parts of what it says you should not do.
    Glorious ...cherry picking them parts you like...skipping the ones that you don't ...Love it.

Are you really posting to expect sympathy because of religion on this forum? Or the internet in general?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the love of this god of his doesnt cover homosexuals...

Nike was put in the uncomfortable position of whether to support him and indirectly endorse his position on gay marriage, or to not support him and thereby reject his views.

It's essentially the sponsor's exercise of who they want and do not want to be associated with.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

As a Christian (the real kind; I occasionally swear, say un-Christian things, etc etc) my views on gays are simple:

That is between them and God.

It is not my place to discuss it with them.

If I am suppose to be saying something to them and I choose not to, well, that is between me and God.

Didn't they stick with Tiger when he was cheating on his wife? Saying something stupid shouldn't be worse than doing something stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Didn't they stick with Tiger when he was cheating on his wife? Saying something stupid shouldn't be worse than doing something stupid imo.
    That's far less of a PR bomb. More akin to admitting that you like pickles, because that makes you a disgusting human being. Ughh, pickles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    Christians who actually follow the bible do not approve of homosexuality.

I don't really know why you focus so much on it he said something they didn't like so they ended the contract. Doesn't seem like a big issue.
    Are you jaylock's 2nd account?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    That's far less of a PR bomb. More akin to admitting that you like pickles, because that makes you a disgusting human being. Ughh, pickles.
    What. The. Fuck.

Dill Pickles are delicious! I will agree the sweet pickles, or whatever the proper name is, is gross.

He said sorry and even posted a video of that:

Keep in mind that he is Christian, he's donating more than 50% of his money EVERY time he fights, he spends a lot of time with his family and other people from his country, usually helping poor people - motivating them, even giving them free houses

He insulted a group of people. Calling them worse than animals. That's the shit you distance yourself from if you're a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Are you jaylock's 2nd account?
    Haven't been around long enough to know who that is... just got into this to kill time during my pregnancy.

What. The. Fuck.

Dill Pickles are delicious! I will agree the sweet pickles, or whatever the proper name is, is gross.
    I'll fite you m8.

Can't stand the smell of any sort of pickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    There could very well be a moral clause in the contract, meaning if he does or says anything that Nike finds to be immoral and could damage their image they can break the contract. There is nothing wrong with having your personal beliefs, but don’t be surprised if someone disagrees with you, everyone is entitled to their opinion and belief.

What. The. Fuck.

I used to think MMO-champion champions were a little on the weird side.

But now it's clear you're all just insane human beings. Lock you all up.