Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

I really don't see the value in letting someone pick any facility based on what they "identify" as. Just because it makes them feel comfortable? What about the absurdly huge overwhelming majority of people who are now made uncomfortable?
    Agreed 100%. The biggest thing that gets me is their comment that, "Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman, yet he still cited a new rule that allows bathroom choice based on gender identification."

I'm pretty sure I've never had to go, "Oh, I am a male, born male, and I identify as male, so I am going to be using the men's locker room." These same people would have looked at me and gone, "Yep, that's a man, and he can use the men's room" without a single question or second glance. Apparently you have to look, act, and sound like a stereotype or else these rules don't apply to you.

Laws of an inclusive nature like this are way too broad, and only hurt the majority in favor of not hurting an overwhelming minority that has an issue with this. This example proves without a doubt why these laws need to go away, or people just need to get over it and accept unisex facilities everywhere.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's not even full coverage. You can't say anything negative about trans people and related subjects.

Otherkin? Still ripe for mockery.
    The Transgender community have an intense level of political dedication to the "Trans Narrative." Just look at the fire storm set off by the 2003 book The Man Who Would Be Queen which revealed some inconvenient and unOrthodox theories on MtF transgender people that were NOT accepted at all by the Trans Activists.

That book noticed that the odds of a man being trans*female had a lot more to do with his sexuality and were he lives than anything else. A very effeminate gay man in an area with few gay people is very likely to become "transgender," because presenting as female makes getting sex from men more likely. Since generally gay men like men, not very feminine men (The book argues). Effeminate men born near or living/growing up near gay communities tend to never go trans since they can find mates. His other secondary reason men become trans* is a phenomenon he described as Gynophilia so a sexual fetishization of "Oh wouldn't it be hot if I was a sexy woman." which is far more common among older men who go Trans* even men who have families and children. The Trans Community obviously LOST THEIR SHIT OVER THIS as it was a major break from "They are born women, trapped in mens bodies!" Orthodoxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I must side with that man! Who's to say he isn't woman enough yet? They have to take his word.

It's interesting. What do those in favour of the law propose as a solution. It's clear that the man was just making a point, but the idea is that based on how the rule was implemented, his stance was actually valid. How do we actually solve the issue? As the case shows, the system CAN be abused as it stands.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.
    This right here is how somebody ends up in the hospital or dead without drowning or getting hurt on the equipment at a recreation center I imagine.

But to be honest, if the dude just changed and didn't bother anyone, I really struggle to care about this. MMO-C and Reddit both have numerous people talking about how it isn't a big deal for a woman to use the men's facilities, so if a man uses the women's I can't bring myself to care, and taking action against pre-op people is going to be a big shit storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The girls don't like penises in their locker rooms.
    But anywhere else is great?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I must side with that man! Who's to say he isn't woman enough yet? They have to take his word.
    Maybe he is just gender-curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's interesting. What do those in favour of the law propose as a solution. It's clear that the man was just making a point, but the idea is that based on how the rule was implemented, his stance was actually valid. How do we actually solve the issue? As the case shows, the system CAN be abused as it stands.
    You can't unless you view the thing for what it is, an illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    On the other hand, it's pretty clear when someone is doing it to be a dick and to watch people undress for sexual reasons. Acting like intent isn't part and parcel of this law is pretty silly.
    Gays and lesbians have always been able to do it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    But how you define such thing in parameter of the law?
    Hence why grey area laws are stupid in situations like this. Gender identity is a grey area, whereas gender classification is not. If you have a penis, you are a man, if you have a vag, you are a woman, no if's and's or but's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    This right here is how somebody ends up in the hospital or dead without drowning or getting hurt on the equipment at a recreation center I imagine.

But to be honest, if the dude just changed and didn't bother anyone, I really struggle to care about this. MMO-C and Reddit both have numerous people talking about how it isn't a big deal for a woman to use the men's facilities, so if a man uses the women's I can't bring myself to care, and taking action against pre-op people is going to be a big shit storm.
    Lately I find the SocJus crowd is being forced to make these hilarious compromises of values. What can one do when the logics of Intersectionality and Progressive-Stack-ism topple on oneself? Take for example the New Years Eve Cologne incident. At long last a really jarring example of rape culture, BUT the rapists weren't the evil cishet white male shitlords, they were the beloved refugees and immigrants. What do you do? Whose the victim in this narrative? Whose the oppressor?

Here we have a man, possibly a pre-op transman or a woman born in a male body. We don't know, you can't know, even the act of questioning them could a triggering act of aggression. BUT the presence of this plausibly Trans* person makes women, and young under aged female girls uncomfortable and themselves "triggered." or "Microaggressed". Who do they choose to side with? Who becomes the oppressor shitlord and the aggrieved victim?

We are through the looking glass people.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    I wonder if they can't take measures to prevent people from abusing the system.

This event transpired at some or another pool, I gather. If you require people to get a permit to enter this pool, you can make magnetic identity cards for each individual and these cards can then be used to access the bathroom. On your application you would be required to state your gender and the card is only valid for the bathroom of the gender you have chosen or something?
    You can't without reversing the law completely. You can't have laws that have as much grey area as gender identity does.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Man entering women's toilet/shower -> pervert
    Woman entering men's toilet/shower -> cute
    Woman entering men's toilet/shower -> guest of honor/party girl

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We are through the looking glass people.
    I find it funny people are still denying progressive stack. This is the perfect environment to show it to an American audience.

Deleted
    I can only imagine the shocked faces of SJWs around the globe (like OP) over this. Tears of laughter really!

Quote Originally Posted by AltruisticRage View Post
    The guy may have been making a protest, but it brings up a good point about people railroading laws without really thinking of the outcome.

[1] Allowing a man to identify verbally as a woman doesn't really vet them being transgender. It sounds silly, but there has to be some way to catalog them as transgender. It should be on their license or something. If you don't have some sort of registration for your chosen sex, the employees can't really argue their gender. We apparently need a government department to vet if you are truly transgender.

[2] The article says the employees would basically use physical appearance and other things to identify as transgender. Does that mean we are now requiring people who are transgender to go through hormone therapy and/or surgery to validate them? That there are now milestones you much reach to have access to the bathroom you identify with?

I would be classified as a conservative/libertarian even though I don't oppose the idea of transgender and if identify as a woman having access to the women's bathroom. I just think we have devolved into the realm of idiocy at this point.
    People use bathrooms/change rooms/lockers for privacy and not identity so they should have gotten their own room instead of a law.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I can only imagine the shocked faces of SJWs around the globe (like OP) over this. Tears of laughter really!
    Why would they be shocked? This is exactly what they wanted.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    People use bathrooms/change rooms/lockers for privacy and not identity so they should have gotten their own room instead of a law.
    Businesses would never allow that, they don't want to pay to have a third bathroom.

Isn't this what sjws wanted. enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Change identify to present as= problem solved?
    Or would that be sexist as men would have to put more effort in to present as women?
    He can present as a woman wearing jeans and a t-shirt with no bra.