Poll: Did unkillable healers, tanks, and very hard to kill DPSes give WoW STAGE 5 LEUKEMIA?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PvP Issues Against Healers

Let me start out by explaining my experiences in recent PvPs. One of my fondest memories is in trying to kill clothie priest healers. I use such moves with devastating looking icons, to my eyeballs, as:

It feels devastating to attack the healers. Then afterward I activate such big cooldowns as:

…and I see huge numbers popping up like:

And after all this, the priest seems to just activate a spell that makes him invulnerable and then full heal himself up instantly. Then he goes and do jumping swirls and twists in the air around me as I try to keep attacking him. I keep close to him, but my DPS just seems to be lower. He just does twisting jumps, fast full heals, to nullify everything I throw at him. Eventually, I give up.

That’s not the end of it. I have a similar experience with druid healers. I would go and attack them in a similar way I attack the priest above, hitting my mortal strike’s axe icon and seeing big numbers pop up and blood spraying effects proccing. Then, he just uses a spell that looks like this:

…and I’m stuck in place. He casts a green swirly spell on himself, runs away in Cheetah Form, and he’s back to full health in like 2 seconds. I catch up to him, but it seems the process is reset. He’s unkillable.

Shamans seem to just stand there and full heal themselves no matter how much you attack them or pummel them. Holy Paladins on the other hand when I see them, I just imagine the unkillable priest earlier except he got plate armors on and what do you know it’s true. I do less damage to him and when I blow him down, he goes invulnerable and just full heal. It repeats. It’s like this with all the healers. It’s not just the healers…

…the DPSes is in a similar way too.

I remember scenarios along the line: A rogue is attack someone on my team, I get the jump on him and DPS his health down, he manages to kill his target while I am on him, I’m about to kill him, he’s at 10 HP, he goes invulnerable for what feels like 4 or 5 seconds, and then he either turns around and kills me or just escape.

A similar scenario is hunters: You get the jump on them, you’re about to kill them, and they pop their invulnerable spinning axes and get away. After this point, they either kite and kill or something frustrating like that.

It is also certainly the same thing with feral druids. You get the jump on them, you DPS them down, they DPS you down while you try to DPS them down, it seems like you’re doing more DPS, and, all of a sudden, he turns to a bear, dodges all your attacks while u have him at like 10%, and he full heals himself. He dps you down while in bear form while dodging all your attacks. If you’re not dead yet, he’ll probably turn into a cat and kills you.
    I mean, the DPS foe problem is not as bad as the unkillable priests, which I will describe as being “2/2” for being unkillable. The DPS foe is what I would call “1/2”, meaning I can kill them sometimes despite their survival skills. But even so, I perceive them to have VERY VERY strong survivability and hence very hard to kill. Again, the healers are even worse.

The healers are so unkillable, and this is so frustrating that I felt a massive relief to know at one point in the past, when I was pvping on my warrior, the move Overpower was said to reduce their healing spells by 50% if you catch them while they were attempting to heal. There was a particular scenario where I tried to use such a move while trying to kill a holy paladin. He knows it, so what he does is he attempts to use flash heals to “bait” me. He would tap what seems to be the “w” button so he would move slightly forward to cancel his fast flash heal casts. I would miss my Overpower, while doing what seems to be irrelevant dps so far on him or even if I did a good amount, so he just full heal. This was extremely frustrating.

Now we get to a scenario of what I described in the title as the “perceived WATSON”. As you know, WATSON is an AI in real life that beat the best human chest player in the world as well as the 2 best Jeopardy players in the world. Watson can beat these players because he’s programmed to understand the game inside and out, every nooks and details, as well as having inhuman reflexes. All the rules are programmed INTO Watson so he’s godly.

If we translate this into WoW PvP, all the rules and knowledge would have been programmed into Watson. So if we assume that Watson was playing an ARMS warrior, every rule, abilities, spells, stats, numbers, strengths, and weaknesses of the Arms warrior specialization are programmed INTO Watson so he knows everything about the Arms warrior. Not only that, but every numbers, spells, abilities, and everything else of the resto druid, resto shammy, holy pally, disc priests, as well as of dpses like feral druids, rogues, and other DPS are all pre-programmed into Watson. So not only does he know the strengths and everything about the Arms warrior he’s playing, he knows everything about every classes that he would face so he would play
    appropriately when he faces them. He has the complete knowledge, and he has the inhuman reflexes too. So if a holy paladin tried to bait out Overpower using fast canceled flash heal casts, Watson can probably use Overpower in 0.0000001s and hard counter that 0.25s bait the brute force way if he decides he doesn’t want another approach. So when he almost killed that rogue and the rogue goes invulnerable for 4 or 5 second, he knows exactly what to do, and he will do it in 0.000001s. Same for the feral druid. When the feral druid almost dies and turn to a bear to dodge and full heal, Watson knows exactly how to counter this playing his Arms warrior. Watson knows how to kill all of them, every counters, with inhuman reflexes. I mean, but he’s not me. I’m an average PvP player. In order kill, now, I perceive that I have to get what he has. But I am human so it’s not as fast and efficiently programmed into me. I have to manually learn, feeling very dreadful here, ALOT and feel like I’m obliged to constantly and manually perform in an attempt to be like or as close to Watson as possible if I actually want to make kills on unkillables.

Translate this to me, when I face that holy paladin, and I took away say 1/3 of his HP, he just baits and tap that “w” to cancel flash heal. I get into this annoying arms race of trying to not use my Overpower and miss. Once I miss, he full heals, and it’s all hair pulling annoyance. I don’t even know if landing Overpower on bait 0.25s flash heal is even the best approach. I’m just an average PvP player. I’m not even a Gladiator or one of those Method arena people from China. So after this experience with the holy paladin tapping “w” to bait my Overpower, or rather not being able to kill an unkillable healer, and feeling like other DPSes are also extremely hard to kill, how do I feel? How I feel after some PvP experiences like this, I come to the following conclusions:

1) I perceive to maybe only know my rotation just “1/4” of the way.
    2) I don’t have the complete knowledge of my enemy to counter him, and there are many enemies to have a complete knowledge about.
    3) Even if I have the first two, I require the mental mobilization to constantly run the mental treadmill by having to constantly focus attention to see what my enemy does and then very fast command my fingers to hit the correct buttons for a long time from the start to the end of one PvP encounter, in context of having “the knowledge” while I fight. This is all in continuous dynamic situations that last for what is perceived to be a while. I have to keep up the reflexes and mental resources to keep hitting the correct buttons in reactions, to an average PvPer who imagines he has to have the knowledge too. This is my perceived expectation of the moments by moments of PvP if I want to kill an unkillable now, these three things.

The third point is an extremely expensive and a taxing process that feels demoralizing if you just think about it. You feel the expectation of being obliged to hit the right buttons, fast and at the right time, in different uncountable 0.25s intervals. Just think of similar situations while fighting other healers or DPSes where you need to respond to these “0.25s” interval moves they make. There seems to be an unlimited amount of different “0.25s” that you have to have all the knowledge of in order to perform. You just feel demoralized thinking you have to do so many of these responses as an average PvP player just to kill someone who is unkillable, ALL WHILE REALIZING YOU DON’T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE.

So you walk away from these encounters, as an average PvP player, thinking in order to kill an unkillable, you need be as close to Watson’s performance as possible. So first you need to learn your class completely, and, not only that, learn every other classes that you will have to fight. This translates to trying to get “the rules programmed into Watson” into you or… the perception that you have to somehow go onto the internet and find the “Journals of Arms Warriors”, “Journals of Fury Warriors”,…”Journal of Resto Druids”, and stuff like “Thesis on PvP Items, Numbers, and Counters” to learn the abilities, numbers, strengths, and weaknesses of all the everything, as a human player. Once you have gone from learning “1/4” of your rotation to “4/4” of your rotation, know everything about your enemies, or rather the equivalent of getting a “PhD in PvP”, you have to deal with the second half of the problems, feeling the obliged expectation of having to perform the treadmill and hit a button in what are endless 0.25s of interval assessments. Game uninstalling imagination for an average PvP player.

I mean, to an average player, after walking away from an encounter with an unkillable clothie priest, resto druid, or holy paladin, you have a PERCEPTION that you need this “PhD knowledge” and the demoralizing feeling of impossibly performing as close to Watson as possible if you want to kill an unkillable healer, and the thought of manually doing what it takes to get this close to Watson is just dreadful and impossible as an average PvP player. It’s not even fun thinking about searching for the “journals” then reading and wondering if you’ll be able to “comprehend”. Extraordinary efforts.

Unkillable clothie priests and healers are one thing, and very hard to kill DPS and near unkillable tanks, all when by themselves only, are just, yeah, what they are, unkillable priests, tanks, and very hard to kill DPS who won’t die. Again, that’s when you’re facing them 1v1. But there’s another situation, what happens if you mix them? You mix the unkillable healers with very hard to kill dps or near hard to kill tanks, then the unkillable healers make those other 2 types, who were very hard to kill already, now unkillables too. So now we have a situation where all three are unkillables in a group.

I had this situation in pugged rated BGs and BGs where I went to a node, did my aoe rotation with other, to what I feel is the best of my abilities, for some 5-10 minutes, and afterward no one dies. However, the in-game counter menu says that I did some millions of damages. No one dies. Not the DPSes, not the healers, especially not the tank. The healers keep themselves, the DPSes, and tank alive, and they can heal for pretty much for forever.

You feel like the earlier situation I described in what it takes as an average PvPer, non-AI player, to kill an unkillable except now extending to your whole group. In order to kill anything, you perceive as if everyone in your pug needs to have a PhD knowledge as well as to optimally perform in all the 0.25s moments for an entire rated BG, all miraculously without voice coordination. The voice coordination doesn’t happen because it’s just a pug. So you feel like to kill anything, you just need to do the first two, with your average players pugs, well. Imagined very hard to achieve. Impossible. So everyone stays alive eternally for 10 minutes.

As an average PvP player, how motivating do you feel about going to read all the “Journals of <inserted classes>” to get a “PhD in PvP” and then how do you feel about ALL the expected and obliged 0.25s moments and reaction performances to those 0.25s moments in any PvP fights to just kill an unkillable? Again, it’s so dreadful I keep describing this, but you need to mobilize your brain’s mental power into assessing and constantly hitting the right button every 0.25s to win solo, and feels your whole team needs to do this too in group fights to kill unkillables. So lets say I’m an average PvP player, and you’re an average PvP player too. Lets start out with me.

Lets say this was me:

I’m a guy in a tie, a white collar worker working at some office. It’s 4:30 PM, my shift ends at 5:00 PM. I’m saying to myself “Hmmm I’m gonna work on this Excel spreadsheet for another 30 minutes, save it, then close, leave the office, and go home to play some WoW PvP…”…then after I said this to myself mentally, the next thing I think of is: unkillable clothie healers, unkillable resto druids, unbreakable holy paladin in thick shells, near unkillable tanks, very hard to kill immortal rogues and full dodge kiting hunters and full heal dodging feral bears….If I want to kill them, I need to manually learn and get a PhD in PvP, all the classes, and then manually perform in endless 0.25s moments for as long as I PvP… I need to be as optimal as WATSON if I play… how motivated am I to manually learn all the classes and get a PhD in PvP and then perform so many 0.25s moments?... Then I have second thoughts and says to myself…maybe I’ll keep working to 9PM….or maybe I’ll go to the bar, have a walk on the pier and have some lobsters instead. Since I changed my mind about PvP, maybe I’ll cancel my subs. But that’s just a scenario of me. Not everyone is aligned. Some people started late. Some people started early. I mean, earlier, I did mention you guys being average PvP players too. Lets say you’re all white collar workers like me working at an office thinking the same thing I did, about going home to play WoW PvP. Only a few people have the same thought as me, but the others were late starters and were still somewhat interested in PvP. They didn’t have that “realization” at the office right away. Lets say we have this picture of all of us office workers:

So instead of you eating lobsters, you went home to do PvP on WoW. You logged in, maybe get into Ashran…and THEN that’s when you have the thought I had at the office: “unkillable clothie healers, unkillable resto druids, unbreakable holy paladin in thick shells, near unkillable tanks, very hard to kill immortal rogues and full dodge kiting hunters and full heal dodging feral bears…and everyone is together in Ashran as a big group so pretty much the healers will make everyone unkillable…on top of their unkillability already…there’s no way in hell am I ever gonna get a PhD in PvP or feel like I wana deal with 10,000 0.25s situations and perform like Watson… nor do I feel the people in my group are different from me…so that thick group of Hordies over there? They’re unkillables. What should I do? How do I deal with all the unkillables? Maybe, I should just avoid them and work on PvE objectives in Ashran instead to get my gear”….then what happens after you do this for a while in Ashran and geared up? Well you go into Ashran, again, with your gear and still fight an unkillable and couldn’t kill it…or feel like not fighting that unkillable group…wow…WoW PvP is unappealing and boring now. Maybe I’ll go have lobsters instead. I’ll unsub before I go.

Before in Alterac Valley, when you perceived players as being killable, you feel confident about staying with or branching off of the massive group. If you stay with the big mass, you know that if a straggler in your enemy’s big mass wanders too close to the edge, you can slow him and actually…KILL HIM. When you cast Blizzard into the big group, you feel as if you’re doing massive damage to the whole machinery, and you’re making healers gasp for air trying to keep things afloat futilely. Now? If a straggler gets dangerous close to the edge, what is it? Oh that’s right, either an unkillable healer, unkillable tank, or near unkillable DPS backed by 10 unkillable healers. When you cast Blizzard into a group what are you casting it into? Oh yes, you’re casting Blizzard into a mass of what you perceive to be 25 unkillable healing robot machines that’s making everything that is unkillable or near unkillable already MORE UNKILLABLE. Or before in Alteract Valley…. if you decided to branch off from the big ass group you’re in and go to the side to do some objectives, maybe with 1 or 2 other people, you feel that u can kill other lonewolves you run into, or at least your small group can kill the other small group. But now? You know you’re just gonna deal with frustrating unkillables. So clearly, right now in Ashran when you have World of TruceCraft, it is merely a biological adaptation of millions of average players to Blizzard’s game design.

I mean IDK how Blizzard has done it. Blizzard somehow, IDK how, decides to put average PvP players who knows ¼ of their rotation, don’t have a “PhD in PvP”, and don’t have nowhere NEAR the motor coordination as Watson next to unkillables and groups of mass unkillables and expect them to kill or have fun??? How does this happen? And then the average players, while fighting the unkillables, have this depressing feeling that they’re expect to be Watson as well as their team to be Watsons in some kind of a perfectly performing hive of AI if they even wana kill anything. Players imagine this self-defeating impossible to achieve scenario. So they adapt with World of TruceCraft.
    OK, look at these examples of players from a time passed:

It doesn’t matter WHAT the video shows, what matter is that the players in the video, OR REALLY THE AUDIENCE WATCHING, feel and BELIEVE the targets are killable.

If you have three people finish watch this last video, after the video end, they look at each other and the first reaction they have before ANY OTHER REACTIONs, is to say to each other “WoW the players in this game are very killable”. The video, with or without complimenting in game experiences, helps players feel that players they meet in PvP are very killable. It is VERY VERY VERY dangerous if you have players starting to believe/feel/or perceive other players they meet in the game’s PvP are…yes, unkillable. VERY DANGEROUS. Especially this along with making players feel like they need a PhD and Watson's performances to kill. VERY VERY VERY DANGEROUS.

So now we know in which direction we need to go and which design is more desirable. Don’t be ashame, everyone is doing it. Everyone is going to the same party. Some are already there. I mean just look at Cartoon Networks:

Cartoon Networks and others were the early kids to the party. You’d just be the kid who arrived at the middle or late into the party. The other kids are already there and, again, every kid is going to the same party.

On Call of Duty, I can tolerate getting killed, killing other players, but I don’t know if I can tolerate unkillable players. On Dota 2, yeah there are situations where players are very unkillable, but this is presented only in matches between pros vs pros teams in the final International matches or something. In a pub game, you can get Nightstalker to go around and gank people, and they’ll actually die. If average players get a perception toward Overwatch that it’s full off unkillables, and you need a PhD in Overwatch PvP through manual searching and reading with a risk of not understanding anything, and constant thousands of optimal 0.25s of performances, not just you but thinking your team too, for a 20 or 30 minutes game, Overwatch might end up with 10,000 players.

Now tell me what is the ratio of DPS to healers? 1:18 right? I pulled these numbers out of my ass, but they’re probably very accurate. What’s ratio of tank to DPS? 1:17? If everyone else play DPS and few people play healers or tank, and they want to go into BG as a DPS to kill people, but you want to use the logic “If healers are killable, they’re useless” to justify making priests unkillable then what happens? All these millions of DPSes can’t kill the healers, tanks…sometime themselves, but especially everyone if it’s all mixed up into a group. If they can’t kill healers or anyone, how appealing is WoW PvP to an average PvP player? You want to justify giving a handful of healer players the ability to be unkillable so they can be “useful”, by the logic, and then making themselves and everyone else unkillable, on top of the very hard to kill DPSes and tank already, at the expense of making an unappealing experience for millions of average PvP DPS so the DPSes end up not feeling like PvPing anymore and unsub? What’s better? “useful” healers or unsubbed DPS? We can say a DPS can’t tolerate unkillables, but I don’t think we can say the same thing for healers, that a healer can’t tolerate being killed can we? I feel it’s completely opposite imo. I think healers are OK with being killed, often… But DPSes are NOT OK with not being able to kill.

WoW is dying by BOTH silver bullets and a cancer AT THE SAME TIME it seems. WHAT A LUCKY GUY. In the PvE area, it’s bleeding sub by the millions cause it’s getting hit by all these silver bullets. Meanwhile, in the PvP area, it’s bleeding subs by the millions because of the cancer of unkillables just described. Unkillables are not just a cancer to WoW on the PvP front, it’s also immersion breaking in something that’s supposed to be an entertaining experience. SO WoW’s losing millions of sub on BOTH FRONTS. LOL.

PvP and PvE seems to require opposites in design. Right now, PvE is fast, meanwhile PvP is slow (unkillables jumping spinning clothie priest being hit by negligible damage from a warrior or DPS for an eternity). What needs to happen is that PvE needs to be slowed down instead in playing experience, with a relaxed simple rotation, and PvP needs to be speeded up, but also with simple rotations (1 button, 2 button, 3 button, 4 button, dude dies, move on to next dude, 1 button, 2 button, dude dies move on to next dude, 1 button, 2 button, 3 button, dude dies, move onto next dude, gets killed, rez, repeat, or maybe something that can last a little longer but not the unkillables now).

Oh gee, I wonder when was the last time DPSes felt like they don’t need a “PhD in PvPs” and never felt like they were obliged to perform optimally in an endless number of 0.25s situations to kill people?? And actually went out there and press 2 or 3 or 4 buttons and actually killed people?

The difference between Alterac Valley and Ashran was that people felt or perceived other people as being killable.

------
    If a mod can make the poll public...I forgot.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2016-02-18 at 10:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing a Videogame to Cancer. This thread will go well.

Also it seems your entire point is "I am damage I should kill heal! RAWR!" If a damage dealer could always kill a healer with close to no effort, no one would play healers.

Needing a let a modicum of skill to kill healers is fine in a PvP game.

You put a lot of work into a thread that might not make it past the 1 hour mark before it gets chopped. Good grief.

Deleted
    tl:dr please?

Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    tl:dr please?
    He sucks at PVP and blames the game. He wants to be overpowered again and onehit everybody when popping cds.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

TL : DR

holy crap what is this wall of text and who taught you how to write?

tl;dr seems to be, "I'm not as good at pvp as I once was and I struggle to adapt to a changing game, the things I once did no longer work as well. Read my rant and pity me, but also agree with me and validate my misplaced angst."

Personally I loved the visual comparisons in your post OP. Honestly made my day lol.

OT: I do feel healers have almost always been rediculous in pvp, both with burst healing and defensives, but I imagine if we made them more easily killable then it wouldn't be very fun at all playing a healer in pvp since you'd be corpse running or waiting at the spirit healer most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the actual fuck?

Your post reads like the epitome of a terrible player who is super invested in this game rambling about how he's no good but wants to be better and yet can't even name the defensive abilities of the classes he's trying to kill.

"Invulnerable spinning axes" indeed. Learn to adapt and change your play accordingly. Every melee in this game, if given enough time, will be able to train an equally geared healer into the ground. Did you want healers to just exist as fodder for your scrubby non-skilled play? You're literally complaining about healers juking you because you're not good enough to not get juked.

Get a grip, son, and learn to play.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-02-18 at 10:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Good work changing the title, now you might want to fix that poll. Or just remove it entirely since it serves absolutely no purpose in context to your post.

Edit: Oooor get banned instead. Nothing to see here, move along folks.
    Last edited by xact4; 2016-02-18 at 11:01 PM.

He makes lots of jokes and dumb arguments which i dont like, but damn, i agree very much with his real point (well i think that is the real anyway, he is just trying really hard to be funny). I think, and agree, that the game became so forgiving in some aspects of pvp(and classes) where despite making a lot of mistakes those players survive without much issues and can lead to very boring situations till you can create another window or someone screws up.

Want it or not, IMO, with all the imbalances, pasts seasons of pvp were way more entertaining because things died more often, even if i was on the receiveing end most of the time, instead of hitting the same player for several minutes with no changes until some debuff lets you blow someone.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is interesting thread.

Although the post was worded badly, and a few stupid things were said, I agree with PART of the problem. Still a good point to bring up.

The thing is, healers have been balanced around this idea of "dampening", a temporary bandaid over something that needs to drastically fixed. Where does this fall flat? There is no dampening outside of arenas. So what you see is healers being EXTREMELY strong in random BGs, where you have no-coordination and such to take one down. It's impossible to solo a healer without dampening. I'm not even over-exaggerating here. Backpeddling healers can literally survive one DPS and laugh at them. If you die to one DPS as a healer without any dampening, you are doing something majorly wrong.

This is also the reason why when you're in a BG and one faction has 3 healers, the other has none, it is normally a stomp for the team with the healers. You can argue it's always been like that, but never as much as this.

So the problem is not really healers, it's dampening. "balancing" healers by adding in the dampening system has caused this. Inside of arena, it's a whole different story.

The same goes with RBGs, there's no dampening here, but you have the co-ordination (hopefully) to be able to take one down. I still think they're harder to kill now than what they were before, but definitely not OP. So if they were to nerf healers because of them being impossible to kill in random BGs, they would cause problems in RBGs.

So what's more important? Rated or non-rated balance? Should be a pretty obvious answer.

We should not even be in the situation where it has to be a choice, but blame Blizzard not addressing the root issue and just putting some half-thought system called "dampening"

I also think this has partly lead to the influx of "bad healers", due to casual players who only do random BGs etcetra needing to put minimal effort whilst having a high impact on the game.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-02-21 at 06:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is two words of advice when it comes to PvP: Get. Good.
    *Drops mic.*
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

He's right. Call him a bad all you like, he isn't. The true issue here is how fucking easy it is to heal to full in pvp situations as a healer. A mongoloid could easily be a top rated pvp healer.

And you are all fucking hypocrites. It's okay to require skill for a dps to take down a healer in pvp, but absolutely no skill is required to keep yourself up as a healer. Fucking thread full of pathetic hypocrites.

Infracted. Flaming isn't tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-02-21 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    It’s not just the healers…

…the DPSes is in a similar way too.
    So basically what you're saying is you have difficulty beating everyone in pvp. I'm going to have to say the problem probably isn't the game and it's you.
    Signature not found

Maybe try to learn from your mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    If a damage dealer could always kill a healer with close to no effort, no one would play healers.
    I disagree with this. I played L2 as a healer back when that game was new to America. A healer stood no chance vs a dps in a 1v1 situation. Even the support dps would kill the healer with no issue. Cast were interrupted by damage so heals did not go off and you just died. However, if your friendly dps/tank could keep them off of you (you had some skills to keep them back aswell, but once they got to you it usually ended badly) then you could heal through their dps on whatever target. I mean that game was not balanced or even good if you knew any better however the point stands there is another way.

So it was about strategy and teamwork. If you had decent crew they knew when to peel for you and when to go for enemy heals. I felt wow should have been like that, if a dps is sitting on a healer uninterrupted for more than 15 seconds that healer should be dead because his team failed him. Would not work in wow tho, cus that would require removing alot of crazy gap closers that dps have. L2 the dps mostly just ran faster than you hehe, not alot of charging and shadowsteping going on.

That is however just my opinion. /shrug

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    He's right. Call him a bad all you like, he isn't. The true issue here is how easy it is to heal to full in pvp situations as a healer. A mongoloid could easily be a top rated pvp healer.
    That's not true, the only place that would be true is, like I said, in my earlier post, outside of dampening areas.

There's still a LOT to healing in 3s, ESPECIALLY at higher ratings.

Could argue it's quite easy to play in 2s as well though, I guess. But once again, they are not designed to be "balanced" in these areas.

Healers are DEFINITELY overpowered outside of dampening areas, but in 3s? No.

Remember, hes an arms warrior, telling him to play better is pointless.

Arms warriors only have 3 core damaging abilities: MS/CS/WW, so every1 can gtfo, seriously... It takes ZERO skill to play an arms warrior and I can say so from my experience. I give this kid some credit for putting alot of time and effort into creating a /rant thread, I am impressed.

I agree that pvp today is completely different than it was from the past but today 1vs1ing a healer is just stupid and it's understandable that a healer should be able to outlive ONE dps easily but in this case, that's completely false. A healer doesn't need to stress at all to outlive a single dps, the OP points that out a lot...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, a healer should be able to outlive 1 dps.

But when a backpeddling guy that literally looks like he doesn't even know what game he's playing can stay at 100% vs a DPS (in a place where dampening doesn't apply, of course), it's pretty disgusting. The only healers like that I can solo are HPalas for some reason.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-02-21 at 07:45 PM.