Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shadow Priest get the powers of old gods yet affliction gets nothing cool -.- we have now become the old shadow priest T-T were lame

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Canonically, Warlocks didn't exist until WOW. Canonically, Demon Hunters only had 2 spells, and Metamorphosis, only one of which is still in game. Canonically, arguments appealing to cannon aren't particularly useful.
    Warlocks appear in the very first Warcraft: Orcs Vs Humans game, they are the more advanced caster Orc unit, more than the Necrolytes, so Warlocks have been part of the the Warcraft-WoW Universe since the beginning.

Granted there were no "alliance" warlocks but even then, they conjured "demons".

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well in vanilla there was no such thing as afflic/destro or demo, as there was only 1 spec that was even remotely viable the good old sm/ruin spec which was the precursor to the DS/ruin, just much weaker and doing more threat than dps.

how ppl can get jealous of spriests is beyond me, why would you play a class with 1 dps spec that is essentially a poor man's affliction, when you can play a lock and play 3 distinct specs with 3 different playstyles, ofc if you dont like diversity then it doesnt really matter.
    I will agree that demonology back then was pretty much non-existent but, there definitely was an affliction spec. It was go all the way to siphon life and the rest in demonology which sure couldn't burst like destro but on multiple targets it could compete. In a pvp setting the siphon life spec was the ideal spec. Sure you could've still used SM/Ruin in pvp but the dot spec was tankier.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    I will agree that demonology back then was pretty much non-existent but, there definitely was an affliction spec. It was go all the way to siphon life and the rest in demonology which sure couldn't burst like destro but on multiple targets it could compete. In a pvp setting the siphon life spec was the ideal spec. Sure you could've still used SM/Ruin in pvp but the dot spec was tankier.
    well im not talking about pvp coz that is utterly useless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Demonology wasn't too bad post 1.6 revamp when it got talents that made sense and made it beastly in terms of mitigating incoming damage. MD/ruin worked just as well as SM/ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharamuren View Post
    Warlocks appear in the very first Warcraft: Orcs Vs Humans game, they are the more advanced caster Orc unit, more than the Necrolytes, so Warlocks have been part of the the Warcraft-WoW Universe since the beginning.

Granted there were no "alliance" warlocks but even then, they conjured "demons".
    Ahh, thanks for the heads up. I never played. WC3 was my intro to the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    Demonology Warlocks can summon and control an army of Demons yet you are jealous of Shadow Priests???
    Literally this. Destroy isn't even out yet and I imagine that'll make me more jealous of locks, but demonology alone is fricken awesome. Destro I could see being really awesome too, especially w/ the potential portal thing and the regards of the sargereii (doomfire). Like...that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Canonically, Warlocks didn't exist until WOW. Canonically, Demon Hunters only had 2 spells, and Metamorphosis, only one of which is still in game. Canonically, arguments appealing to cannon aren't particularly useful.
    ...what? This is flagrantly untrue.

Warlocks were in Warcraft 1. Warlocks existed as Eredar in the lore. Warlocks existed as Orcs in the lore. The idea as corruption as a Mage could lead to you being a Warlock has existed in the lore for a super long time, before WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Literally this. Destroy isn't even out yet and I imagine that'll make me more jealous of locks, but demonology alone is fricken awesome. Destro I could see being really awesome too, especially w/ the potential portal thing and the regards of the sargereii (doomfire). Like...that's cool.
    It's about animations.

Spriests get an amazing transformation with tentacles.

Warlocks get the same old copy paste demons from hellfire citadel.

Not even the cool ones like the new jailor.

Well... Afflicition could use a little more visual love.

Demo is fine the way it is imo.

Haven't seen Destro yet but I hope that it isn't visually outclassed by Fire Mages.

After all the shit they had to cope with I'm okay with them getting some love. I'm very interested in the new SPriest and will give it a try once Legion launches. Warlocks had their huge revamp in the penultimate expansion so it's fine. I don't like how current Affliction looks like but Demo looks pretty nice so there's at least something good about warlocks!

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Haven't seen Destro yet but I hope that it isn't visually outclassed by Fire Mages.
    Have you seen combustion? That is literally the coolest cd I've ever seen. We've been outclassed friend.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Have you seen combustion? That is literally the coolest cd I've ever seen. We've been outclassed friend.
    Ha ha, these little fire shits in their rainbow colored clown suits can not hope to match the glory and style of Destruction Warlock.

Is the bathed in flame animation they have the same as destruction on live has when at full embers?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Is the bathed in flame animation they have the same as destruction on live has when at full embers?
    Do we actually get to keep that as Destro? It should work the same with shards as with Embers, but I can see them taking it away because "Class Fantasy" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Do we actually get to keep that as Destro? It should work the same with shards as with Embers, but I can see them taking it away because "Class Fantasy" or whatever.
    From what I saw of someone playing Destro on Legion through the exploit, I think it didn't have it. I think we'll need to wait for the spec to be activated for real though to know for sure. I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost it though. I love being on fire.

It's on the front page of the website right now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

From what I saw of someone playing Destro on Legion through the exploit, I think it didn't have it. I think we'll need to wait for the spec to be activated for real though to know for sure. I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost it though. I love being on fire.
    Yeah, that video is precisely what got me worried :/. I know it's a small thing, but taking out a flavour effect like that just because we changed resources would really suck...

It's on the front page of the website right now.
    Right, it looks really similar which is why I was asking. Just worried that based on them being similar themes and animations, it will get the metamorphosis treatment.

Destruction should have always been about fel energy, not just fire.

Instead of Fire's combustion, we should have green fiery mist and lightning with some shadow goodness mixed in. Ours is corrupted fire and shadow.

Fire mages always had garbage animations, it was time for them to get some visual updates, their fireball spell was pitiful.