Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I can't blame Norway. At this point, my expectations for Sweden are so low that all I'm really hoping for is that they serve as an example unto other nations.
    Funny... maybe try less sensationalist media? I live in the south of sweden, literally in the region that receives the biggest chunk of these immigrants... and comparing today to say... 10 years ago? No difference in quality of life, none, what so ever.

I mean they literally closed the border just a while back, immigration centers are closing down left and right because there is barely any need for them anymore, and that should tell you just how "many" there actually was.

The reason the welfare of sweden is in such a shitty state has nothing to do with immigration but more to do with the fact that the previous government dismantled large portions of it, and made the rest of it that much more strict, resulting in alot of people who needs aid going unnoticed and ending up deep in debt and/or homeless.

But for the average citizen? Nothing has changed the last 10-15 years, it is just insane fear mongering and the march of right wing extremists that make it seem different.

"Oh no we think we have a problem what do we do?"

"Well there's nationalism, it can't possibly go wrong again"

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe John Oliver had decent words on stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    What does he say? Can't load it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    You mean it's 2015? Er...2016?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Funny... maybe try less sensationalist media? I live in the south of sweden, literally in the region that receives the biggest chunk of these immigrants... and comparing today to say... 10 years ago? No difference in quality of life, none, what so ever.

I mean they literally closed the border just a while back, immigration centers are closing down left and right because there is barely any need for them anymore, and that should tell you just how "many" there actually was.

The reason the welfare of sweden is in such a shitty state has nothing to do with immigration but more to do with the fact that the previous government dismantled large portions of it, and made the rest of it that much more strict, resulting in alot of people who needs aid going unnoticed and ending up deep in debt and/or homeless.

But for the average citizen? Nothing has changed the last 10-15 years, it is just insane fear mongering and the march of right wing extremists that make it seem different.
    Funny how different our views of what is currently going on can differ so much. In the smaller city i live we have 6 centers opening in the last 3 years. There's been riots, protests, assaults, rapes, atempted arson and even a murder and this is just in the asylum centers.

About welfare you do understand the reason they cut welfare is because they can't afford it without borrowing money?
    Like G.P did in the 90s taking a huge gamble by using peoples pensions as money to pay debt and welfare, it worked then but was still a huge gamble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Very good for Norway. Its great to see countries take care of themselves and their citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its great to see countries take care of themselves and their citizens.
    Their citizens? That's racist talk. How dare a country prioritize its own citizens over others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Their citizens? That's racist talk. How dare a country prioritize its own citizens over others.
    Its pure evil. And that's why im glad i live in backward imperium of evil known as poland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Breivik? Breivik.
    Except, weren't all the people Breivik shot Norwegians? And I mean like, born and bred Norwegians? Not in any way or form immigrants?

15+ Year Old Account
    it is just insane fear mongering and the march of right wing extremists that make it seem different.
    Oh really? Why then, are everyone suddenly panicked in our current government. I bet it's not because they in a flip of a coin fell for fear mongering, and all of a sudden started to listen to right wing extremists - which btw, are who exactly? I don't see a lot of those around. Them and crazy left wing extremists pretty much cancels themselves out. I would even go as far as to say that there's more left wing extremists than there are right winged getting a voice in media.. Big media. I don't count fria tider and shit as anything noteworthy.

I spent 10 years in Helsingborg. And oooh. There's problem there alright. And its gotten worse. They managed to get themselves a couple of no go zones. Which weren't around when I lived there - 3 years ago.

Seems reasonable. It's a bloody shame what's happened to Sweden.

I'm no expert on Sweden but if I remember correctly they actually aren't that far left wing. Swedish culture revolves around concensus buidling, till recently ther concensus was the that all immigrants are good and should be helped. But now the Swedes have accepted the problems this has caused and build a new consensus which restricts their former immigration policies. It's why they suddenly changed their minds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Come on Norway. Don't be the 4th Reich. Be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Sweden needs a Donald trump for president.
    Well that would be appropriate. Trump is about as likely to get into office and implement any of his "policies" in America as he would be to get in as President of Sweden.

You know, a position that doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know, a position that doesn't exist.
    Your powers of divination are wasted on this website.

Too bad Høyre and FRP is completely destructive and a disaster in everything else but immigration politics.

Deleted

Average Swedes are not the ones suffering. Eldercare, welfare, education etc is what is suffering. Way to have your head in the sand though. "I am not effected so noone is lalalalalalalalala"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Except, weren't all the people Breivik shot Norwegians? And I mean like, born and bred Norwegians? Not in any way or form immigrants?
    Clearly, they were being oppressed by the white man as he shot them. They became honorary immigrants and minorities when they were shot. That is the greatest praise we can give them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Come on Norway. Don't be the 4th Reich. Be cool.
    The 4th reich did the opposite, though. They wanted to share their borders with the world!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The migration board releases a statement saying they need 27,000 accommodation spaces by the end of spring and you reckon they're closing places down? Sure......