Does anybody know anything about mouse LTK cell lines (Medical-related question)

I have been trying to research what this cell line actually is but I couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated. I know that LTK stands for leukocyte tyrosine Kinase.

- - - Updated - - -

nobody?

Erm

LTK mice will be mice that express the LTK gene and therefore should produce the LTK receptor.

A brief search about LTK suggests that there is active research into it to determine if it would be a therapeutic target for patients with Anaplastic Lymphoma (A subtype of Hodgkin's Lymphoma) as well as for SLE (Lupus). The tyrosine kinases (of which LTK is one example) are involved in secondary messenger signaling and have been implicated in some autoimmune disorders. My best guess would be you would use these mice to discover more about the LTK receptors function within the disease by throwing molecules at it. This also applies to drug development if you were trying to test compounds that would interact with that receptor.

Here are some journal articles dealing with them.

Shao WH, Cohen PL. The role of tyrosine kinases in systemic lupus erythematosus and their potential as therapeutic targets. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2014; 10(5):573-582.

Weiss JB, Xue C, Benice T, Xue L, Morris SW, Raber J. Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase and Leukocyte Tyrosine Kinase: Functions and genetic interactions in learning, memory and adult neurogenesis. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012; 100(3): 566-574.

Roskoski R. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK): Structure, oncogenic activation, and pharmacological inhibition. Pharmacol Res. 2013; 68(1): 68-94.

Muller-Tidow C. Diederichs S, Bulk E, et al. Identification of metastasis-associated receptor tyrosine kinases in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2005; 65(5):1778-1782.

Quote Originally Posted by kreationkin View Post
    LTK mice will be mice that express the LTK gene and therefore should produce the LTK receptor.

A brief search about LTK suggests that there is active research into it to determine if it would be a therapeutic target for patients with Anaplastic Lymphoma (A subtype of Hodgkin's Lymphoma) as well as for SLE (Lupus). The tyrosine kinases (of which LTK is one example) are involved in secondary messenger signaling and have been implicated in some autoimmune disorders. My best guess would be you would use these mice to discover more about the LTK receptors function within the disease by throwing molecules at it. This also applies to drug development if you were trying to test compounds that would interact with that receptor.

Here are some journal articles dealing with them.

Shao WH, Cohen PL. The role of tyrosine kinases in systemic lupus erythematosus and their potential as therapeutic targets. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2014; 10(5):573-582.

Weiss JB, Xue C, Benice T, Xue L, Morris SW, Raber J. Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase and Leukocyte Tyrosine Kinase: Functions and genetic interactions in learning, memory and adult neurogenesis. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012; 100(3): 566-574.

Roskoski R. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK): Structure, oncogenic activation, and pharmacological inhibition. Pharmacol Res. 2013; 68(1): 68-94.

Muller-Tidow C. Diederichs S, Bulk E, et al. Identification of metastasis-associated receptor tyrosine kinases in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2005; 65(5):1778-1782.
    Oh alright, I was under the illusion that the mice had the receptor knocked out. thanks

It's possible the LTK mice in question are knockout mice for LTK, but I think it'd be more likely that they're a specific genotype (or genotypes) which researchers are interested in researching. You could probably find out by looking at the website of the company producing the mice or simply by calling them.