Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's still what? 10,000 people in the whole world?

It's hard to care about a rounding error.
    Well, sure, but even 5 years ago Scientology was quite a bit stronger. They're waning significantly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're just 1 person. Why would anyone care about you, then?
    Why should they? I don't expect them to.

Deleted
    Why should they? I don't expect them to.
    Right. Well, why care about anyone, then.

Well scientology is actually a gigantic con / pyramid scheme / extortion racket. But it calls itself a religion.

I frankly don't really care that John Travolta, Will Smith and Tom Cruise's side hobby of boning their male on set assistants over the years made them an object of extortion. I never really understood why Scientology bothers people so much. If actors get suckered in, who cares.
    "Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries"

Because of shit like that. There are also many cases where police won't investigate people involved in Scientology because the cult will harass them with endless lawsuits. The Cult Awareness Network was run into the ground by the same tactics after they labeled Scientology as the number one most dangerous cult, and then Scientology bought it and used it as a propaganda machine. Many people have died under the cult, like the mentally ill woman they imprisoned and starved for 17 days. They even have their own private prison called "The Hole" where they've imprisoned people for years at a time.

Scientology isn't a religion, it's a corporation run terrorist organization that brainwashes and uses people to make money.

Right. Well, why care about anyone, then.
    I care about the overarching structure and function of society.

Scientology being letigous for ex-members badmouthing it is whatever.

SJWs by comparison, infesting towns with this crap, or undermining institutions or frankly, making up shit, in the name of political correctness among other things, is an assault on society.

Deleted
    SJWs by comparison, infesting towns with this crap, or undermining institutions or frankly, making up shit, in the name of political correctness among other things, is an assault on society.
    Well, I'm not arguing against you there.

Put it this way: 90 or so priests in Boston raped little children. But, it was just 90, so why should we care. Right?

I care about the overarching structure and function of society.

Scientology being letigous for ex-members badmouthing it is whatever.

Judging by these boards being an SJW is hardly PC. The majority of threads are made to ridicule feminists or SJW movements. So i don't get this. Also, humanity is the problem here, humans in general make stupid movements who's only purpose is to elevate themselves. You kid yourself if you really believe that the only organized movements are on the far left side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Funny I see more "anti-sjw" soap box then actual "sjw" on a soap box,
    Did you have a point? Nobody is claiming most all people are SJWs. Simply that the ones that do exist push a regressive ideology onto everyone else.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-02-26 at 04:43 AM.

Well, I'm not arguing against you there.

Put it this way: 90 or so priests in Boston raped little children. But, it was just 90, so why should we care. Right?
    Actually the scale argument is a real one.

There are 400,000 Priests in the world, and 1% of them are pedophiles, that's 4,000 pedophiles in lets say the 200,000 Christian hamlets, villages, towns, and cities in the world.

The actual number is that 4% of the human population has pedophile urges. The catholic church says that 2% of priests are pedophiles, but external estimates are as high as 6.5%.

Why should we care? Because the numbers make pedophile priests statistically probable and number of victims, especially over decades, truly huge in number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalkapallo View Post
    Judging by these boards being an SJW is hardly PC. The majority of threads are made to ridicule feminists or SJW movements. So i don't get this. Also, humanity is the problem here, humans in general make stupid movements who's only purpose is to elevate themselves. You kid yourself if you really believe that the only organized movements are on the far left side.
    I'm not following. Who is talking about these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    or see nonsense about feminist code
    I like how the anti-feminism circlejerk is now so strong the anti-feminism circlejerk can't see it's own circlejerk from reality.

I'm not following. Who is talking about these boards?
    They served as an example. You're talking about SJWs pushing their views on society when in reality it's often the opposite or equally fucked up people pushing their agendas on everyone. There's this delusion about what PC really is.

SJW's are far more insidious than Scientologists. Scientology is a religion. You have to go through a whole joining process. SJWs range from professionals, to volunteers to wanabees to the morons who spam your facebook.

Or let me put it this way. I never, ever saw an absurd 12 foot tall Scientology banner go up in the middle of town on the Unitarian church. However a Black Lives Matter banner that went up recently and is defacing my otherwise gorgeous New England town. My town has like 3 black people in it and isn't a political town at all. It's total a total band wagon.

SJW's day is coming.
    Oh lord you saw a sign? How did you cope?

Deleted
    You're all too concerned with these conspiracy theories about some cult, "Social Justice Warriors", it's fucking ridiculous really. Grow up.
    Outside of the internet, one wouldn't really encounter the term SJW, or indeed what they get up to. It would seem that both sides of this debate spend far too long on the internet pushing their agendas. If I were to ask 100 random people on the high street what a SJW is, I'm confident most wouldn't even know what one is.

The irony is that while some think that we shouldn't be offended by anything, truth is we all find something offensive at some point. Clearly some people find SJWs objectionable and take to the internet to fight that cause; doing so because find themselves in danger of being oppressed, which mirrors SJW behavior quite closely, actually.

Perhaps it's time for a new term for those who will join forces to fight against the evil forces of PC, and champion those who are too weak to defend themselves in this wasteland of pet causes.

We will call them SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR WARRIORS. Or SJWW for short.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I like how the anti-feminism circlejerk is now so strong the anti-feminism circlejerk can't see it's own circlejerk from reality.
    Fair enough, it's satire, albeit I did actually find a webpage (found it now) some time ago that specifically stated that programming language is problematic. In fact if you google "programming code sexist" you'll find a collection of articles decrying the language in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaell View Post
    Outside of the internet, one wouldn't really encounter the term SJW, or indeed what they get up to. It would seem that both sides of this debate spend far too long on the internet pushing their agendas. If I were to ask 100 random people on the high street what a SJW is, I'm confident most wouldn't even know what one is.

The irony is that while some think that we shouldn't be offended by anything, truth is we all find something offensive at some point. Clearly some people find SJWs objectionable and take to the internet to fight that cause; doing so because find themselves in danger of being oppressed, which mirrors SJW behavior quite closely, actually.

Perhaps it's time for a new term for those who will join forces to fight against the evil forces of PC, and champion those who are too weak to defend themselves in this wasteland of pet causes.

We will call them SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR WARRIORS. Or SJWW for short.
    Honestly i'm just tired. All this nagging about SJW and the constant linking of very questionable articles from rightwing (and yes leftwing too) websites. I wish people would just agree that if this is such a big fucking problem when people are starving in other parts of the world, maybe "western society" really is going under, but not for the reason people think. Paranoia is spreading fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh lord you saw a sign? How did you cope?
    Well first, it's a huge banner.

Sorry. I don't want that shit where I live. The BLM movement is intrinsically racist. And more to the point, I'm fine with that garbage being limited to shitholes I only pass through or never visit.

Not my town that I pay pretty obscene property taxes to support.

I'd put up a "No Lives Matter" sign on my property, but I respect my neighbors enough to not defile our pristine rural area with a political agenda.

Well first, it's a huge banner.

Sorry. I don't want that shit where I live. The BLM movement is intrinsically racist. And more to the point, I'm fine with that garbage being limited to shitholes I only pass through or never visit.

Not my town that I pay pretty obscene property taxes to support.

I'd put up a "No Lives Matter" sign on my property, but I respect my neighbors enough to not defile our pristine rural area with a political agenda.
    Isn't complaining about seeing things you don't like that in no way actually harm you sort of an....sjw thing to do?

Deleted
    Honestly i'm just tired. All this nagging about SJW and the constant linking of very questionable articles from rightwing (and yes leftwing too) websites. I wish people would just agree that if this is such a big fucking problem when people are starving in other parts of the world, maybe "western society" really is going under, but not for the reason people think. Paranoia is spreading fast.
    Yeah, it's a shit show, as an observer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Isn't complaining about seeing things you don't like that in no way actually harm you sort of an....sjw thing to do?
    Not at all. It's a reaction to an entirely illegitimate action.

The problem isn't that SJW's have a cause. The problem is that their causes are so commonly entirely illegitimate.

To put it another way, if BLM had any legitimacy whatsoever, then it wouldn't cause offense. But it's not a meaningful, principles, effective, movement. It's a side show.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a result of policy, such as the US accepting millions of illegals and Europe being forced to take millions of refugees. As soon as you propose solutions, SJWs are the ones who create the paranoia by shutting down the conversation. Screaming about their feelings being hurt and how everyone else are xenophobic fascists.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-02-26 at 05:18 AM.