Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How come people don't play unholy frenzy + necrosis? It's really fun and has lots of synergy.

No it doesn't and unholy frenzy is garbage.

I have a question about our artifact ability

Soul Reaper give you a stack of haste per Festering Wound that you burst. If you use apocalypse to burst 8 wound at once, do you get 3 stack instantly?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunc4 View Post
    I have a question about our artifact ability

Soul Reaper give you a stack of haste per Festering Wound that you burst. If you use apocalypse to burst 8 wound at once, do you get 3 stack instantly?

Thanks.
    Yes and since soul reaper is 45 sec CD and apoc is 1.5 min you will use apoc on every 1/3/5 etc soul reaper

Deleted
    Question for beta players:
    If you picked unholy or blood as your first artifact, does getting frost as second or third still send you to Acherus docked in Icecrown? Does it repeat Bolvar marking you with his sigil every time?

Just asking because Frost's quest has that part with Acherus at the start while the others don't have it.

Would of been cool if instead of the Abom we got Lord Marrowgar model instead,

So there's been a bit of discussion that went on in Acherus, and from testing I found that Clawing Shadows is equal to Castigor on everything except single target.
    To list things very simply

-In pure patchwork single target Castigor beats Clawing Shadows by ~17k dps.
    -The test for aoe was done as 4 target patchwork, which comes out to the same result as Beastlord/Hectic Add Cleave sims. It shows that CS (with SI) vs Castigor (also with SI) are both roughly the same dps.

Now what this overall means, that unless you're on a pure patchwork fight taking either Castigor, or Clawing Shadows is roughly the same outcome.
    If you get more Haste/Crit gear, go for Castigor. If you get more Haste/Mastery gear, go for Clawing Shadows. Even from just 2 targets up, Clawing Shadows will match Castigor's dps.

These below are clickable links showing results.

Castigor - Single Target
    Clawing Shadows - Single Target

Castigor vs Clawing Shadows - 2 target Patchwork

Castigor vs Clawing Shadows - Castigor was optimized for aoe by Alaiz and I ran all three lvl 90 talents with CS to see the highest.

So all in all, this means that both are very much viable. if you prefer one over the other, go for it and try to get that type of gear.

Personally I will be going with CS, as the range on it generally fits raiding better and eliminates more problems/potential for lost dps than Castigor (obv, imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    So there's been a bit of discussion that went on in Acherus, and from testing I found that Clawing Shadows is equal to Castigor on everything except single target.
    To list things very simply

-In pure patchwork single target Castigor beats Clawing Shadows by ~17k dps.
    -The test for aoe was done as 4 target patchwork, which comes out to the same result as Beastlord/Hectic Add Cleave sims. It shows that CS (with SI) vs Castigor (also with SI) are both roughly the same dps.

Now what this overall means, that unless you're on a pure patchwork fight taking either Castigor, or Clawing Shadows is roughly the same outcome.
    If you get more Haste/Crit gear, go for Castigor. If you get more Haste/Mastery gear, go for Clawing Shadows. Even from just 2 targets up, Clawing Shadows will match Castigor's dps.

These below are clickable links showing results.

Castigor - Single Target
    Clawing Shadows - Single Target

Castigor vs Clawing Shadows - 2 target Patchwork

Castigor vs Clawing Shadows - Castigor was optimized for aoe by Alaiz and I ran all three lvl 90 talents with CS to see the highest.

So all in all, this means that both are very much viable. if you prefer one over the other, go for it and try to get that type of gear.

Personally I will be going with CS, as the range on it generally fits raiding better and eliminates more problems/potential for lost dps than Castigor (obv, imo).
    What was the stat spread used for the Cast and CS ST sims.

Also i noticed that AWS was used for both, wouldn't EF on CS/Mastery build close the gap more than AWS would. IE: AWS/Cast/SI Crit build ST vs EF/CS/SI Mastery build ST. Reason I'm asking is because AWS scales with Crit which Cast favors but it has zero scaling with mastery that CS favors. If you could run those 2 it would be great.

AWS in general sims higher than the other two talents on that tier for both setups pretty much in any situation. Might be a case of that's AWS's true potential, or the sim could be overvaluing it a bit. Not sure, but that's what comes out on top.

Do you mean star spread as in %'s? I can get em in the morning*
    Was about to go to bed so if you want the stats I'll post em then. Generally was Haste>Mastery geared on CS and the Castigor went Haste>Crit more or less

*snip*
    Is this assuming we have no legendary items? I figured it would be a nightmare to deal with Castigator and those bracers.

Well... not just that but also at that point doesn't Castigator devalue a little? I would imagine the biggest part of the talent is being able to burst three wounds at once.

I thought AWS got nerfed a while back and EF was the best for most situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Is this assuming we have no legendary items? I figured it would be a nightmare to deal with Castigator and those bracers.

Well... not just that but also at that point doesn't Castigator devalue a little? I would imagine the biggest part of the talent is being able to burst three wounds at once.
    No legendaries, all gear is 840 and thus obtainable before raids come out.
    I'm not sure, someone else can probably correct this if I'm off, but I believe you use Unholy Frenzy with the bracers. I personally don't like the bracers, so I honestly hope I don't get it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I thought AWS got nerfed a while back and EF was the best for most situations?
    It also received some nice AI updates, as well as its AoE/single target attack was merged so it is less buggy. But like I said, might just be sims give it more power than it's worth but we can't prove that really. It just happens to be what sims the best.

No legendaries, all gear is 840 and thus obtainable before raids come out.
    I'm not sure, someone else can probably correct this if I'm off, but I believe you use Unholy Frenzy with the bracers. I personally don't like the bracers, so I honestly hope I don't get it lol.

It also received some nice AI updates, as well as its AoE/single target attack was merged so it is less buggy. But like I said, might just be sims give it more power than it's worth but we can't prove that really. It just happens to be what sims the best.
    Personally will be taking AWS for leveling since it seems strong and probably the best talent for leveling at least, will see what sims etc say when people hit 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Personally will be taking AWS for leveling since it seems strong and probably the best talent for leveling at least, will see what sims etc say when people hit 110.
    As long as they die in ~10 seconds, I see Evon Fever as better, that way you don't have to worry about two pets being dumb. But AWS is set a strong option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    How come people don't play unholy frenzy + necrosis? It's really fun and has lots of synergy.
    its super crap, dps wise, thats why. and are more fun builds

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    its super crap, dps wise, thats why. and are more fun builds
    Spamming death coils pretty fun to me. So is managing necrosis.

Spamming death coils pretty fun to me. So is managing necrosis.
    Isn't manage necrosis in direct conflict with spamming death coils...

I usually run UF because it provides me more SD procs but AA damage is absolute garbage atm. I did get to test it on the lvl 110 pvp test realm (890 ilvl as avg), hit the target dummy and my AAs are usually on the top 3. Basically AA will actually hit harder as gear progresses.

Necrosis is great, but it conflicts with our rotation entirely. Basically using 2 coils in a row just hurts me knowing that I didn't get to use that one necrosis stack. If I want to dump my RP ASAP I'll have to use death strike, which happens to do more damage than DC with a higher % chance of proccing runic corruption. Our GCD is so long we don't have the time to dump all of our DCs, it does little to no damage.

As of right now, UF is actually decent for lvling because of lack of haste and SD procs. Then of course as soon as you pick runic tattoos, your rotation will smooth out or if you decided to go double doom, you will be flooded with almost infinite DCs. Which is good since you can combo that with DA spamming DS as you please knowing that DC is free most of the time.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-08-30 at 07:39 PM.

These long streaks of no Runic Corruption procs I keep getting sure make this spec feel like shit.