Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Best opener for mythic archi

For the arcane spec, assuming class trinket and PoF and ring etc... whats the best opener for a guild trying the 1 doom strat?

The same opener as any other boss? UM/IF/PC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my bad

Just want to know how to get the best burst as possible for the ring explosion.

Drop PC + blow all cooldowns + hope that the fuckton of RNG required to actually do a good pull as Arcane is in your favor.

You pray to RNGesus that your prophecy procs on crystal and you get arcane missile procs before it goes away.

One AB for pre-pull then drop PC and unload on it....never go to 4 stacks before dropping PC because then you have no chance of doom nova proccing on the crystal.

7+ Year Old Account
    So if there is no proc on crystal but there is a proc on boss, is it still going to be good enough when shooting missiles into the boss and having it cleave back onto crystal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you'll always want to missile the doom target. The main thing people failed to mention to you is you want to place your pc on the pull where when the doom spirit spawns your pc will not only hit the boss but the doom spirit as well. Having a doom nova proc onto crystal and then cleave not only onto boss but on the spirit as well yields some pretty nutty burst. I think the highest I've seen to date is 1.2mil on the opener. But the key to high dps on this boss outside the opener is going to come from a dn proc onto your 2nd crystal when adds are up, at that point your damage will skyrocket.

7+ Year Old Account
    But i have also heard from some people to never arcane missile into crystal even when doom nova spawns because of class trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, that's far from being right. The only time that could even be close to true is if doom nova is running out in duration and all your missiles won't proc the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    But i have also heard from some people to never arcane missile into crystal even when doom nova spawns because of class trinket?
    You definitely DON'T want to do that. AM into MoD whether that is on your PC or another target is your biggest DPS gain by miles.

As for the right way to open. I don't think there is a definitive right or wrong answer, because RNG...
    Personally I precast AB like normal. If PoF procs I start burning, if it doesn't I'll ride my chances with a second AB cast, and regardless of that outcome I'll burn.
    Wobe makes an important point about the Doomfire. If PoF procs really early and you get a really early AM, don't use it just yet. As long as the debuff will still be there, wait for the Doomfire and then use AM. Now you're hitting two targets which is a significant boost to your ring explosion.
    The occasions where PoF doesn't proc until cast 3 or 4 is ideal as the Doomfire is usually up by this point. Obviously mega ideal is you 4xAB, then you proc PoF on your PC sat with 3xAM... Or you get a double proc, one on your opener and the next when you put down PC..But y'know RNG...

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.

I wouldn't dump any AB's into Archi on pull. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bxpyvYZbw

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bxpyvYZbw
    Of rare occasion RNG.
    Y'know although no one will have made a video of it there's an alternative to that. They dropped PC on pull, procced PoF on boss anyway, and didn't get a single AM...

God bless Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Of rare occasion RNG.
    Y'know although no one will have made a video of it there's an alternative to that. They dropped PC on pull, procced PoF on boss anyway, and didn't get a single AM...

God bless Blizz
    This has happened to me more than once. I went back to ABx2 and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    This has happened to me more than once. I went back to ABx2 and never looked back.
    RNG is RNG you could easily say the opposite. The poster of the video said that it's more likely that PoF will proc on your crystal doing it this way but I don't know that to be true. The only way I see that happening is if your first cast on your crystal doesn't hit the boss.

If my understanding of what can proc MoD is right, then it's statistically less likely to proc on PC?...

1xAB onto crystal has 1x chance to proc MoD on it, but potentially two chances to proc another target. 1x chance from amplified PC dmg, and 1x chance from any UM procs.

Anecdotal point. I always find it more likely to land MoD on my PC at Kormrok if I use it on the opener when I have SN not UM
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-02-26 at 10:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post

youtube/watch?v=T4bxpyvYZbw
    That video bugs me. Why did he wait so long to cast his missiles? Casting AB at max AM charges will possibly lose you more AM charge. Casting the missiles later also means lower stacks of your haste buff on your missile cast, which is the spell with the longest cast on your opener. Also, both the missiles and the doom nova explosions will hit at a lower mana, meaning your mastery is less effective.

If the reason was to delay the highest point of his damage to better coincide with the ring to actually get to a dps of 1 million, why would it be worth it to sacrifice this damage.
    Last edited by Stretch69; 2016-03-04 at 08:21 AM. Reason: I'm tired. how do I type :c

He delayed them to make sure the MoD explosions hit the doomfire. 2x the MoD hits is a lot of extra ring damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap mind blown. That didn't occur to me at all >.< This will help a lot, we were having trouble getting just one doomfire. Thank you very much britishbubba!
    Last edited by Stretch69; 2016-03-04 at 07:15 PM. Reason: I still can't type :c