Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I don't think any of those contributes to rape.
    Men paying for everything so that a woman can put out certainly contributes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    None of these really apply, but at least 5 is a legitimate gripe in its own right. Why are men championed and women shamed for doing the same exact thing?
    Burden of responsibility. Cause, y'know, opening your legs versus getting into someone opening their legs.

One is allowance, the other is quite literally rape without the first, so, yah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No, it doesn't.

Then teach woman how to pay for their own meal.

What? xD How do you even think that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

I hate that the word "culture" follows the word "rape". To me, culture is a positive thing. You are a "cultured" being, like bein "civilized". The combination of those words I find squeamish. Uncomfortable. Wrong.

Then again, english is not my first language
    We like to use culture to refer to things we consider "high culture" like arts and literature and that kind of stuff. "Cultured people." But technically it's not what the term fully means and it applies to any shared customs and shit that a group of people have.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Then teach woman how to pay for their own meal.
    Exactly. I'm glad we agree with the author. These dating traditions are part of the problem.

Deleted
    Exactly. I'm glad we agree with the author. These dating traditions are part of the problem.
    There isn't a problem to begin with.

Number 4 doesn't even make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Traditions don't make a rapist out of anyone. No one just decides that 'hey, I bought her a one-dollar cheeseburger, better act appropriate to my rape culture!'

Doesn't work that way.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    What? xD How do you even think that?

If you look at a lot of these rape cases, many times the man takes the woman out and then he expects her to put out. When she doesn't he gets upset and you know how that goes..

Deleted
    If you look at a lot of these rape cases, many times the man takes the woman out and then he expects her to put out. When she doesn't he gets upset and you know how that goes..
    Which is a personal problem, not a cultural phenomenon.

Lest you are being knowingly obtuse.

You're insulting people who legitimately get raped.

That is a problem with the man who rapes, not that men pay.

I'm just against having to pay for a lazy womans stuff because she is a woman. Sad thing is most woman wouldn't continue to date you if you want to share the cost.

Also I don't really agree with the author.. rape culture is non existant. But if you think getting rid of me having to pay for lazy woman helps you in your quest to fight the "rape culture" go for it .

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I hate that the word "culture" follows the word "rape". To me, culture is a positive thing. You are a "cultured" being, like bein "civilized". The combination of those words I find squeamish. Uncomfortable. Wrong.
    I think of bacteria. Eeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

A society that normalizes sexual violence against women and blames the victims for the actions of the aggressors — aka rape culture.
    Also how is sexual violence against woman (wow really you sexists.. men face sexual violence too) "NORMALIZED" in our society?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-03-04 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the keyword is contribute vs cause

Contribute to the sum? I guess if you want to argue it.

Cause? No.

Responsible for? No.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I ask a woman to pay for the date I won't get dumped hard?

Right........

I'm not sure I get the "rape culture" thing, either. I mean, yeah, rape happens, no argument there, there's plenty of assholes out there. But the dudes I know, like, pretty much all of them, they find out some dude is raping women, they're gonna be perfectly fine if someone leaves him beaten and bleeding in an alley somewhere. More than a few of them would be willing to be the ones to cause the beating and bleeding.

There's also murderers, thieves, muggers, child abusers, and a whole assortment of other scumbags as well. Doesn't mean we have a murdering, thieving, mugging, child abusing cultures either, just means there's a lot of assholes.

Deleted
    Or men treating the women they are dating (I was going to say their, but you would probably have a heart attack) in a good way, which includes taking them out on a nice night out without needing anything in return but their company for the evening?

You know, like most people do.
    But for you its "I pay for dinner so she better fuck the living shit out of me".

That is some twisted way of thinking my friend, twisted indeed.

Since when do men pay for everything? What century do you live in.