Deleted

Are we still doing the right things?(char progression)

Hello everyone,

Playing Diablo 3 with my gf on the PS4(just local, not online). Having a blast, we have been focusing on greater rifts last times we played, reaching level 51 now.

She has a demon hunter with the Marauder set, I have a wizard with the Firebird set. We talented, gemmed etc according to online resources, just missing a couple of pieces.

My question is, what is there still to do?. We will prolly hit a grift wall at some point and I dont really know what we can do to improve. We sometimes do some bounties for mats, but thats basically it.

Are the sets we're using good? Is there anything else to do whats relevant besides grifts and bounties? Is getting everything ancient the main goal for us here?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Firebird for Wizard is not so hot at the moment. Best set currently is DMO. I suggest running a Arcane Orbit DMO Wiz as it is easy to play and has tons of survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redefine5415 View Post
    My question is, what is there still to do?...

Are the sets we're using good? Is there anything else to do whats relevant besides grifts and bounties? Is getting everything ancient the main goal for us here?
    The endgame for D3 is a pure grind for power. Once you find a build you enjoy using, it basically goes:

1. Acquire all items for the build.
    2. Acquire ancient versions of all the items.
    3. Acquire ancient versions of all the items, but with the optimal affixes.
    4. Acquire ancient versions of all the items, but with micro-upgrades to those affixes.
    5. Apply gem augments to every piece of gear (start with lvl 50 gems, then reapply at lvl60, lvl70, etc.).

At that point you'll just be slowly pushing grifts to level your legendary gems and re-adding higher gem augments, until eventually it makes no noticeable difference on your progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 progression is about paragon levels, legendary gems levels, ancient gear with optimal stats and augment enchants.

So the wall you will hit is only according to where you stand on those points. Some people in the current season are running greater rifts lvl 90+ (maybe not with DH + Wiz combo). And yes currently greater rifts and pretty much the only thing you can do to progress your characters, apart bounties and normal rifts that are only there to farm mats so you can do higher greater rifts.

If you enjoy marauder and firebird sets stay with them, they are good sets. Sure some sets are better but if you just want to play to have fun and not be the #1 then it's all good.

And i suggest getting a fast farming build to do bounties and normal rifts the fastest possible. The real game is in greater rifts, the fastest you can get back into those the better it is. But that's just me if you and your gf really enjoy doing chill bounties and rifts then keep on doing it. The real goal for the game is to have fun.