Page 11 of 477 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mebane to the Chargers, Chargers been pretty active this free agency, and not with splashy moves, but bringing in some solid players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Rolando McClain seems to actually benefit being in Dallas, he was awful in Oakland.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Kap, RG3, Manziel or Tebow?
    Maybe Fitzgerald, but you lose with pretty much all of them.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Fitzmagic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost* feel sorry for Broncos fans. They're watching the team go from hero to zero in little more than 24 hours.

*This is of course a lie, I don't feel sorry at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost* feel sorry for Broncos fans. They're watching the team go from hero to zero in little more than 24 hours.

*This is of course a lie, I don't feel sorry at all.
    They'll be quite a bit more than zero. Plenty of pieces on the team left. I doubt they'll be in serious contention for the Superbowl again this year, but they'll give you a good fight for the division, I'm 100% sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit:

"NFL cracking down. They've taken a 2016 third-round pick and 2017 sixth-round pick from the Chiefs for tampering w/ Jeremy Maclin last year."

NG your xmas must be coming early this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs lose the 2016 third-rounder and 2017 sixth-rounder for tampering with Maclin last year before FA. Team also fined $250,000. Reid fined $75K, Dorsey: $25K

They plan to appeal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

NG your xmas must be coming early this year.
    Give me Sean Smith and Eric Weddle and today is the greatest day of free agency in Raider history.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so STUPID of the NFL again. Why the hell do they come out with these Tampering infractions AFTER the legal tampering period is over? This could have been a detterent for teams to misbehave this year, and now they might have misbehaved and not known the NFL was cracking down.

It also took the NFL a full fucking year to decide on this. That's insane.

Absolutely gobsmacked over this and it's not even my team this time.

Kap is out, SF already said they won't be trading him at all. Manziel isn't going to be let out of his contract despite all his mess-ups because the Browns want to trade him for a late draft pick, Tebow (lol as if he'd go back to Denver even though he badly wants to play Football again) which leaves us with RG3 or Fitzpatrick and both are sort of intriguing options. Fitz was a firecracker last year for the Jets and really only had 1 mega talent (Brandon Marshall) as a receiver and the other guy Decker was an ex-Bronco who still caught the ball in a very similar fashion that all the Bronco receivers catch the ball, so that could be very interesting. RG3 is interesting only because he has had more than a years worth of full rest sitting on the bench in Washington so he's definitely super healthy, whether or not that translates well onto the field is yet to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kap seems to be pushing a trade, owners change their minds every week it seems.

And skarma, stop expecting good ideas from Goodell.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/ho...-agency-2016-3

The NFL regular season is still a long ways away, but after two huge splashes in free agency on Wednesday, the Houston Texans
    look like they will be one of the best teams in the AFC come Week 1.

First, the Texans beat out the Denver Broncos to sign quarterback Brock Osweiler. Osweiler, who spent the past four seasons in Denver as Peyton Manning’s backup, reportedly felt unhappy with the way the Broncos had treated him last season, and wanted a fresh start elsewhere.

Happy to oblige, the Texans threw $72 million at him over four years, which was reportedly much more than John Elway and the Broncos were willing to pay.

Under an hour later, the Texans signed one of this season’s top free-agent running backs, nabbing former Miami Dolphin Lamar Miller on a four-year, $26 million deal.

It’s a massive day for the Texans, a team that finished 9-7 last season and greatly upgraded at in the two positions they needed to most.
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Long time lurker, thought I would share some thoughts as a Broncos fan.

On Osweiler, I feel sorry for the Texans here. He played worse than Hoyer statistically, and was not actually any better than Manning last year. While he has potential, he struggled with deep passes, could not read defenses, and got too many balls knocked down at the line. Before the offseason started I would have been happier as a fan with Seimian starting (he outplayed Osweiler in preseason and is talked very highly of for his pure passing ability by teammates). Mike Glennon or maybe AJ Mcarron would be upgrades over Osweiler as well if Elway wants to give up draft picks if the Bucs and Bengals would part with them.

Malik Jackson is a solid player, but he benefited greatly from the players around him. He never commanded double teams, and Kenny Anunike or Sylvester Williams can fill in without that much of a dropoff. Danny Trevathan is the best free agent Denver is losing and nice pickup by the Bears, but Denver is fairly deep at linebacker. Corey Nelson or Todd Davis are not much of a dropoff and they both played just as well as Marshall or Trevathan last year when they got chances.

The only unrestricted free agent or cut player that will be hard to replace is David Bruton. He is a special teams mainstay but wants to be a starter. He showed he could do this when he filled in for Stewart and Ward last year, so it would be hard to keep him as a backup.

The people that are acting like the sky is falling are just falling for the media hype, and do not realize how deep Denver is on defense, and the players leaving on offense outside of Daniels and Mathis played poorly. The quarterback play was so bad last year, they could have not even had a quarterback on their roster and not fall off much. The offensive line will improve with both starting tackles coming back and Schofield not having to pretend is belongs in the league. Daniels being cut was expected as well with Jeff Hueurman (3rd round draft pick last year) healthy and not needing 3 tight ends.

I would expect Elway to go offensive line and at least 1 running back in the draft, with quarterback a possibility at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver look set to lose CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman too, they placed a low tender on CJ.

72m to Brock makes me fearful that if Tyrod Taylor has an slightly-above-average year again next year for the Bills, we're gonna have to pay out our nose to keep him.

QBs getting them dolla bills, y'all.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of QBs, I don't understand how someone isn't willing to toss a 1st round pick to the Pats for Jimmy G yet. To a lot of draft "experts" he is a better option than most if not all the ones coming out of college.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Malik Jackson and Olivier Vernon both will earn more next year than Von Miller.

Giggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Speaking of QBs, I don't understand how someone isn't willing to toss a 1st round pick to the Pats for Jimmy G yet. To a lot of draft "experts" he is a better option than most if not all the ones coming out of college.
    Because a lot of teams are comfortable with the notion that the Pats won't draft till bottom of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    You guys don't want to keep him? Brady's gonna break at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tashaun Gipson to the Jags.

- - - Updated - - -

Pacman to stay in Cincy. Sorry Zo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You guys don't want to keep him? Brady's gonna break at some point.
    We do. ANything we get for Garrapolo is going straight back into getting a new back up, who then needs to be trained again. Getting a veteran would mean that we have a cost increase we can't afford with many defensive players needing a new contract.

The whole notion of trading Garrapolo is a mirage that looks good "We get a first round pick!" but actually ends up with us being worse off than before "We need a new back up!".

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rolando McClain seems to actually benefit being in Dallas, he was awful in Oakland.

- - - Updated - - -

If Elway is smart, he forks over a few early round picks for McCarron.

Just saying.

So bittersweet for me. Sad to see Marvin Jones go. He's going to be underwhelming in the motor city.

Sanu off to Atlanta.

Bengals so thin at WR now. We need to sign Mike Wallace or Roddy White Pronto.

Happy with the Iloka signing though. Wish the best of luck to Reggie Nelson, because his time in cincy is likely over. Shawn Williams is a good saftey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints signing Fleener to a $36M 5 year deal. That's a lot of money for a team with problems.