Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Inject and Freeze Your Way to the Coveted Thigh Gap

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...-coolsculpting

Several new, non-invasive procedures offer the possibility of achieving a Tumblr-sized space between your legs. But is thigh gap obsession a thing of the past?

At the end of last April, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a press release announcing the approval of a new injection called Kybella. The injection was legally approved to be used as an alternative to liposuction, for a very specific purpose: It was approved to zap moderate-to-severe chin fat, or the dreaded "double chin."

"Kybella is identical to the deoxycholic acid that is produced in the body," the FDA explained. "Deoxycholic acid produced in the body helps the body absorb fats. Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, the drug destroys fat cells; however, it can also destroy other types of cells, such as skin cells, if it is inadvertently injected into the skin."

Like all other injections, Kybella comes with a hefty price tag (ranging from about $2,000 to over $4,000 for the three treatments, matching what it costs to get liposuction in your neck)—and multiple side effects, such as "nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness, and trouble swallowing."
    Nazarian explains that non-invasive surgery—like that performed on the chin or on the thigh gap—is rarely done in one sitting and takes weeks for the patient to see results. Although the pharmaceutical company priced Kybella to make it appear like a relatively inexpensive procedure, using the drug would result in a $12,000 thigh gap, whereas CoolSculpting is $750 per thigh, per session, and the number of sessions varies depending on your body type and the severity of the fat. If you wanted to go the more traditional route, going under the knife for liposuction would cost $3,000-$4,000 and create quick, seamless results.
    Indeed, after her CoolSculpting, Kelsey initially didn't even notice much of a difference in her appearance. "I did not notice a huge change myself, and then people were commenting on how thin I looked," she says. "Other people's comments made a huge difference. The thigh gap is such a small change that can impact your overall appearance so drastically."
    I think they should stick to just working out and eating healthy to get their thigh gaps.

Maybe you should stop trying to dictate what people do or can't do to look better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Exactly how large is a space equal to that of a formless mass of information that conforms to the physical size of whatever device you use to access it?
    Obviously it is desirable to both men and women and this is why so many women try to get one.

Gross.

Give me a healthy fit natural women please.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Thigh gaps are overrated. and weird. weirdly overrated!

but of course a product is developed to cater to the women who feel the need for a thigh gap asap. *shrug* Supply catering to the demand, and women are pretty large consumers when it comes to looking good.

Deleted
    My wife had one for a bit, she had to practically starve herself. What society expects, is incompatible with the natural form a lot of peoples bodies take. Its great to be healthy but don't kill yourself to look 'good'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Gross.

Give me a healthy fit natural women please.
    Funny how so many Olympians have thigh gaps. Guess they are not fit eh?

I really couldn't care less about thigh gaps and don't understand why they're so popular. Other than being in reasonably healthy shape, I basically only care about faces.
    What about stretch marks?

Wait this was a Tennisace thread? I thought it was one of those broken English spambots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wait this was a Tennisace thread? I thought it was one of those broken English spambots.
    At first i was thinking that too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Thigh gaps are overrated. and weird. weirdly overrated!

but of course a product is developed to cater to the women who feel the need for a thigh gap asap. *shrug* Supply catering to the demand, and women are pretty large consumers when it comes to looking good.
    Easy to say that but for all we know you could be really happy if you had one.

Pretty sure those fade out on their own. It doesn't really seem like a big regardless.
    http://i.imgur.com/QY1avrp.jpg These kind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Easy to say that but for all we know you could be really happy if you had one.
    nah. Even at a normal weight, I had no thigh gap. The last time I recall having one, I was at 90ish pounds. Thats underweight for my height. I'm not going to abuse my body by going underweight just to get one.

I blame Spongebob for the thigh gap problem. No one can match that high standard of beauty.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Could have tagged it nsfw. Ughh

Deleted
    I really couldn't care less about thigh gaps and don't understand why they're so popular.
    It seems like some bizarre fad.

Funny how so many Olympians have thigh gaps. Guess they are not fit eh?
    I think you misread.

I said: Give me a healthy fit natural women please.

If their "thigh gap" came from some injection of chemicals then its not natural is it?

If not then we're GTG.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Could have tagged it nsfw. Ughh
    Stretch marks are nsfw?

10+ Year Old Account
    The things people do in the name of beauty. Are we really that vain and a society?

Yes indeed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think they should stick to just working out and eating healthy to get their thigh gaps.
    Having a thigh gap is not healthy for a vast majority of women, and mostly comes about form how their hips and legs are positioned, and not how much they weigh.