Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like on mid low level characters questing it's annoying crz makes under level 90 quest leveling hard.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

People were jerks all the way back in Vanilla. CRZ didn't cause anything. It's just something that added further to the dilution of community which is really behind the apparent rise of jerkishness. People who were jerks in the comparatively smaller ponds got to be known and blacklisted for it. That's largely not feasible any more, so CRZ is somewhat of a contributor but hardly a cause. CRZ didn't kill community, that ship sailed long ago.

Wow has historically had stressed out players and crz didn't cause any of this.

do you people bitch and scream if someone grabs the last loaf of bread off the shelf before you do? if not why do you do it in the game? all this bitching is just about made up unwritten rules that the majority don't know about and don't care about and the only time they are brought up is when someone doesn't like what someone else is doing even though it's a perfectly valid action in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    do you people bitch and scream if someone grabs the last loaf of bread off the shelf before you do? if not why do you do it in the game? all this bitching is just about made up unwritten rules that the majority don't know about and don't care about and the only time they are brought up is when someone doesn't like what someone else is doing even though it's a perfectly valid action in the game
    To be honest: why design a game in a way that breeds animosity between players? Why make players compete and fight over resources and quest mobs/clicky stuff? It's idiotic.

FF-XIV has none of that (personal gathering nodes / open tag system - as long as you get enough damage in you get credit).

I hate questing in Tanaan on low geared alts because killing mobs gives so little progress and some player always snatches the "clicky stuff" away while you whittle down the mob HP. Takes forever to finish a bonus target unless you get lucky with rares.

Nah that already happened with LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I honestly think people were more unfriendly when I started playing in Wrath.

If anything the community has gotten better. Seriously.

CRZ was implemented because the game felt empty at lower levels. People complained about this prior to CRZ being implemented. Also, people were rude before CRZ too. I remember leveling when BC first came out and competing for quest mobs... it was awful until you got ahead of the pack. Also, in Legion from what I've experienced mob tagging is gone so you have that to look forward to.

I agree that CRZ is an abomination destroying what left from world of warcraft - the game we used to live our alternative lives in. I disagree in everything else. Absense of group quests and streamlined single player experience during leveling are two main culprits here, not some assholes being assholes. You're delusional if you believe during vanilla or bc servers were full of ponies farting butterflies. People killed NPCs, people ganked low-lvl people 24/7, people were rude, people didn't give a shit about anyone. You just had your hundreds of assholes playing on your server; now with CRZ that number is simply multiplied by the number of servers involved, that's why you see way more assholes. But that's not CRZ's fault, only Blizzard's.

Wanna know why?

Because Blizzard simply don't give a fuck. They could make personal quest items and resource nodes aeons ago. They could make key NPCs unkillable or place a couple of max-lvl NPCs to guard them. They could merge servers instead of creating idiotic CRZ, a solution which solves nothing. They could fucking create an open tag system which exists in almost every modern game which costs its salts...

...But they prefer just sitting there swimming in our sub moneys, modelling yet another shop item. Modern Blizzard.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    CRZ gives you ALL of the negative experiences of a healthy game server (Competition for mobs, Rare spawns, Gathering, Achievement hunting) with none of the benefits (Healthier guilds, more robust AH, a sense of community).

It is a cancer that Blizzard decided would be better than merging more servers.

This person get's it.
    Thank you.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It's March, 2016. It took you long enough to reach this conclusion, OP. This has been underway since LFD was introduced in WotLK.

I think wow's handle on quest mobs/items are outdated, if 2 players attack the same mob they both should get credit for the kill (or loot the q item) and only one loot the random drop. I don't see why blizz implemented this the first place, it just brings salt.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I agree that CRZ is an abomination destroying what left from world of warcraft - the game we used to live our alternative lives in. I disagree in everything else. Absense of group quests and streamlined single player experience during leveling are two main culprits here, not some assholes being assholes. You're delusional if you believe during vanilla or bc servers were full of ponies farting butterflies. People killed NPCs, people ganked low-lvl people 24/7, people were rude, people didn't give a shit about anyone. You just had your hundreds of assholes playing on your server; now with CRZ that number is simply multiplied by the number of servers involved, that's why you see way more assholes. But that's not CRZ's fault, only Blizzard's.

Wanna know why?

Because Blizzard simply don't give a fuck. They could make personal quest items and resource nodes aeons ago. They could make key NPCs unkillable or place a couple of max-lvl NPCs to guard them. They could merge servers instead of creating idiotic CRZ, a solution which solves nothing. They could fucking create an open tag system which exists in almost every modern game which costs its salts...

...But they prefer just sitting there swimming in our sub moneys, modelling yet another shop item. Modern Blizzard.
    Open tag system is in Legion, which means personal quest items are there now. Unkillable NPC's goes even further away from the world pvp that theyve always wanted in the game. If you think CRZ made things worse, I guess you never played on high pop realms before it was implemented because it feels the same as before now with CRZ. Without it, it really does feel empty. Also, I think blizz merged a couple realms before but they were not happy with the result of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    I think wow's handle on quest mobs/items are outdated, if 2 players attack the same mob they both should get credit for the kill (or loot the q item) and only one loot the random drop. I don't see why blizz implemented this the first place, it just brings salt.
    Damnit people, do you not know about tagging changes in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    To be honest: why design a game in a way that breeds animosity between players? Why make players compete and fight over resources and quest mobs/clicky stuff? It's idiotic.

FF-XIV has none of that (personal gathering nodes / open tag system - as long as you get enough damage in you get credit).

I hate questing in Tanaan on low geared alts because killing mobs gives so little progress and some player always snatches the "clicky stuff" away while you whittle down the mob HP. Takes forever to finish a bonus target unless you get lucky with rares.
    It's not idiotic. It's because wow is a competitive mmo. Crz can make this worse since the developers don't fine tune how many players should be on a certain shard to make it more reasonable and not have overcrowding like you see at every single launch. An open tag system promotes more move and attack playstyle which I don't think makes the game better. I'm more into forced long term social behavior and cooperation but that's old school mmo gaming. Even back in vanilla you were forced to group for certain quests and that at least built short interactions with players. You could make friends at least in the game even for that brief period of time. Now it's like everyone has this fuck you attitude about everything because honestly they don't need to group for most things.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-03-07 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Open tag system is in Legion, which means personal quest items are there now. Unkillable NPC's goes even further away from the world pvp that theyve always wanted in the game. If you think CRZ made things worse, I guess you never played on high pop realms before it was implemented because it feels the same as before now with CRZ. Without it, it really does feel empty. Also, I think blizz merged a couple realms before but they were not happy with the result of that.
    Seriously? And why should I care about your high pop server, when I avoided that cancer on purpose to not be engaged in "awesome" gameplay like having to wait half a day to kill a quest spawn on day1 of the new content, never seeing any rare spawns, clowns, idiots and trolls everywhere... and then suddenly I was forced to stay in that cancer forever, despite transferring my characters to low/medium servers for the exact reason to NOT have to deal with that kinds of high pop shit? Yay, totally the best Blizzard's feature... not.
    I totally "love" having all the cons of high pop realms, while having zero pros. That's your CRZ in a nutshell. And people around me from other servers - they could be NPCs or bots for all I care. Merging is only one viable solution.

Damnit people, do you not know about tagging changes in Legion?
    I'll be glad when I see it in game. Blizzard "did not promise us"© anything, so you can pretty much have this tagging cut from the final version. Or being added in a huge "content" patch 7.1 alongside with instagram integration and S.T.I.C.K for your selfie.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-03-07 at 09:52 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    CRZ causes people to hate players by level100, imo. I'll explain why:

You ding level10 and enter your first CRZ zone and try to quest. You see mobs for your quest and go to tag it, some player steals it. This keeps happening, player after player keeps stealing your quest mobs. You start to think of how to solve this problem - you get an idea! You should invite these people to your group and share credit! You try to, invitation declined. Invitation declined. Decline after decline, no one wants to group up. You start to get frustrated.

Quest after quest, this just keeps happening. You start to dislike seeing other players. They're taking your mobs, they're taking your quest items, they're gathering your nodes. You hate seeing other players.

As you continue to level, you hate them even more. You start to despise them, you want no one around, other players are nothing but a nuisance for you. They simply make everything take longer and more annoying to do. You hate standing around because of other people stealing everything.

You progress further, you're now in an expansion zone, TBC. You start to see people of the opposite faction. If you're on a pvp server, you start to get camped and killed by random level 100's on servers you don't even know exist. Even if you're on a PVE server, you aren't safe. You can't accept or turn in quests, your quest NPC's are being camped by bored level 100's and are perpetually dead. You need to do these quests because they chain, you can't do them. You cannot quest until this person gets bored of another level 100 comes and kills them.

You like other players even less, not only do you hate your own faction, but you hate the enemy faction now too.

You finally get 100, You need to group with others to continue to progress, but you have this deep seeded hatred of other players from competing over mobs for 100 levels. You get angry at people for silly reasons, you treat people badly and act really mean to them. You've become too accustomed to hating other people being around, this makes it extremely hard for you to be nice and treat others with respect.

This is why people treat players badly, this is why so many people are rude. The game causes it, due to CRZ's awful design.

TLDR: You're forced to compete with other players for 100 levels of questing for nodes, quest items, and mobs. People won't group up with you to share credit, the opposite faction is camping your quest NPC's so you can't turn in or accept quests. You eventually HATE having other people around and want nothing to do with them. Then you ding 100 and you NEED other people around and require them to progress your character, but it's too late. You're too used to not wanting them around and it makes it VERY hard for you to be nice, respectful, and understanding. You just treat other people like garbage because you felt treated like garbage for 100 levels.
    No. People have been assholes long before you were born. It has zero to do with anything in your long winded, excuse ridden and enabling post.

People are jerks online because of anonymity. You want your MMO to be a single player RPG. We know. There legions of folks just like you.

You lack serious coping skills. Fix that instead of trying to control the rest of the world. That is one really unhealthy line of thinking you expressed here. Sorry.

Also- to quote a wonderful show- "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole." -Raylan Givens, Justified

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Seriously? And why should I care about your high pop server, when I avoided that cancer on purpose to not be engaged in "awesome" gameplay like having to wait half a day to kill a quest spawn on day1 of the new content, never seeing any rare spawns, clowns, idiots and trolls everywhere... and then suddenly I was forced to stay in that cancer forever, despite transferring my characters to low/medium servers for the exact reason to NOT have to deal with that kinds of high pop shit? Yay, totally the best Blizzard's feature... not.
    I totally "love" having all the cons of high pop realms, while having zero pros. That's your CRZ in a nutshell. And people around me from other servers - they could be NPCs or bots for all I care. Merging is only one viable solution.
    The vast majority like high population servers. That's how they get to be high population. It feels like an MMO that way, rather than just an RPG.

I'll be glad when I see it. Blizzard "did not promise us"© anything.
    It is currently in Legion. I am in the alpha and have had no issue with tagging.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority like high population servers. That's how they get to be high population. It feels like an MMO that way, rather than just an RPG.
    People don't choose high pop realms for the questing experience.

Guild recruitment/finding guilds / AH market / finding PuGs are far more important concerns than "are there other players during leveling".

Crz is just a part of it and made it worse. Its not the cause. The cause of people behaving like dicks is that there is no repercussions for being a dick. Character transfer, realm change and name changed made sure of that.

Before in vanilla. you spent a long time to level up. The servers where close communities. You acted like a ass. People just simply stopped grouping with you and you had to make a new character and basically start over.

Then came name change and all that shit. no one talked to you. Just swap server or even name. Problem solved. This lead to people just not giving a crap anymore and we got the semi toxic community we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    The cause of people behaving like dicks is that there is no repercussions for being a dick
    In the case of questing, being rude is rewarded with faster progress.

I don't care about whether another player wants to quest beside me. I will tab-dot/tap as man mobs as my char can handle. Me being polite will only lead to one thing: needing longer to finish the task.