Question [Legion] Outlaw mastery ideas

So in Legion, outlaw rogues retain the same mastery as combat today: Main Gauche, a chance to do an automatic attack and regenerate some energy.

In the current implementation, Main Gauche seems to have one of those new and cool attack animations with a yellow trail, but that bothers me. Those animations should be reserved for ACTIVE abilities. Having them pop up with an auto-attack diminishes their strength as feedback of a button press.

I'm thinking of some changes to the mastery, from easier (cosmetic) changes to do to deeper mechanic changes:

• At the very least, they should change the color of the trail to something different from Saber Slash. That way the yellow trail can act properly as feedback of using Saber Slash, and you'd clearly associate the new trail with procs form Main Gauche.

• Next, they could change the animation to a dagger stab (using the new animations they use for subtlety). A main gauche is supposed to be a hidden dagger, after all (not that I'd like to be absolutely literal, but it could be cool). The bad part of this would be that i'd be weird to see the off hand changing to a dagger constantly. Maybe using the stab animation with whatever weapon you have could do the trick. Of course, this change would come with its differently colored trail.

• A deeper change would be scrapping the autoattack proc and making Pistol Shots procs from Saber Slash the mastery (it would need a new name I guess). Each proc would give you a free Pistol Shot charge (free ammo!) up to some maximum, off the global cooldown. This way outlaw mastery would be a bit more interactive and active, and could lead to strategic Pistol Shot energy pooling (I guess free shots could retain the energy regeneration part of Main Gauche) instead of just using Pistol Shot procs whenever they're up.

So, what do you think? Remember, these are several not necessarily connected ideas. The main thing I'd like is a greater differentiation of Main Gauche procs from Saber Slashes, but it's cool to think of deeper changes.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Hey bro, i know it might seem to reduce the visibility of your idea, but we do have a thread on outlaw already, please put up your idea there.

You'll get better responses from people in that thread.

Well, it wasn't about visibility and more about focus, as that thread is so generalist and full of different topics, I don't know.

I'll put it over there and see what happens, thanks.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.